Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Where Was God??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God??? (4211 Views)

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / God Is Not From/in This Universe Or Heaven , Where Was God Before Creation?? / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was God??? by Samswags9(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
I always ask this question after something bad
happens.

It makes me mad when something
good happens and everyone praises God for the
great things he provides.

But then something
bad happens and God gave us free will.
This just
means stuff happens. Good and bad... stuff
happens.

God isn't controlling anything. If he's
real, it makes me mad that he can just sit by
and watch this stuff and do nothing about it.

I struggle with religion. I've been reading a lot of Books, Once in a while, I'll start feeling
like maybe there is something. But then
something like Las Vegas or the Church
shooting,Boko Haram Terrorism And Others that just happened Made Me Ask
Where was God? Was he just taking the
day off? Does he not care? Or does he just not
exist?

It seems to
me God is cruel...

But somehow I find it in me
to love him anyways.

@Seun @Lalasticlala @Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by beewhy009(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lemme park
Re: Where Was God??? by Linux007(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
A wise man once told me religion is just a tool for preserving social order and organizing large scale cooperation.
The concept of god might just b a myth, owning that as civilization encroaches, its looses its relevance. Take for example, a very long time ago, our ancestors where ravaged with famine, war, and disease outbreak.today science have solved that problm, nobody prays to god for good yield etc....... Imagine what will happen wen there is no poverty, and our health system is perfect.
Pls dont quote me, am just thinking out wide, and my opinion tho

8 Likes

Re: Where Was God??? by adepeter2027(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lemme Park here as well.
Re: Where Was God??? by aDEOetREGE: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Case 1: you don't acknowledge God, you pursue something whilst you do your homework well and believe in your physical preparations, It comes out positive, (GOD IS MERCIFUL)

case 2. You are a prayer warrior, you fast and didn't prepare nor work towards what you pursue then it comes out -ve(GOD KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR ME)

Case 3: God's protection is over me because I'm a Xtian. (STATISTICALLY, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS HAVE EQUAL RECORD OF VICTIMS DUE TO AUTO-ACCIDENTS, CANCER AND ALL TERMINAL DISEASES)

case 4: God promised us long life (ONE PASTOR DIES YOUNG AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE STORY CHANGES TO 'GOD GAVE US AND HE TOOK IT BACK' Why is mercy lost here?

Lalasticlala please let's have a worthy debate over this...FP pls

3 Likes

Re: Where Was God??? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
WE ARE IN THE HOUR OF GRACE. GOD IS STILL CALLING ALL MEN TO BELIEVE HIS SON...GOD CANNOT COME IN UNTIL THE HOUR OF GRACE IS OVER.
Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
Samswags9:
happens.

But then something
This just
happens.

I struggle with religion. I've been reading a lot of Books, Once in a while, I'll start feeling
exist?

It seems to
me God is cruel...

to love him anyways.

God was was there when the incident happened but men never drew closer to him.
Re: Where Was God??? by Babatunde360: 11:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
Samswags9:
happens.

But then something
This just
happens.

exist?

It seems to
me God is cruel...

to love him anyways.

He was there watching with popcorn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by Samswags9(m): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2017
@lalasticlala @seun @mynd44
Re: Where Was God??? by adepeter2027(m): 12:27am On Oct 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Huh
Re: Where Was God??? by hopefulLandlord: 3:04am On Oct 06, 2017
as I always said, when all good things are credited to God, and all evil is thrown at the feet of mankind, it makes thinking people conclude that theists have only invented a God as a sort of repository for holding all positive beliefs, such as hope for the future, surviving our mortality by means of an afterlife, etc.

If God gets all the credit, he also gets all the blame. And trying to have it both ways is just further evidence to me that God is an invention of man rather than the inverse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by hopefulLandlord: 3:05am On Oct 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

can you elucidate on this?
Re: Where Was God??? by jmichlins(m): 5:49am On Oct 06, 2017
God takes credit for all good things happening but created the devil as a fall back in case things go south. But devil became more hardworking than good following the rise in the number of evil happening. The most selfish of people on earth are Christians who believe God allowed an accident to happen and everyone died excluding them and then call it miracle.

7 Likes

Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 06, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
WE ARE IN THE HOUR OF GRACE. GOD IS STILL CALLING ALL MEN TO BELIEVE HIS SON...GOD CANNOT COME IN UNTIL THE HOUR OF GRACE IS OVER.
The kind of excuses you people give for this useless God are just damn ridiculous.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by OtemAtum: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2017
When people look at God as yahweh or any of these gods, I just laff my ass out cheesy
God is the summation of you and me and whatever good or bad we did, it should be credited to or blamed upon we gods. Yahweh was a past tense god, the dude can't move a pin in our own realm here. It's only noise-making he can do.

Look for God within yourself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Was God??? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
The kind of excuses you people give for this useless God are just damn ridiculous.
BRO, ENJOY YOUR REBELION AGAINST GOD WHY IT LAST...SHALOM FROM MY GOD TO YOU!
Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

can you elucidate on this?
God is everywhere.You can call upon him anywhere and he will answer you. God gives warning most times to man but man out of knowing more than himself falls into the trap of the devil.What happened in Las Vegas was already revealed by God through his prophets but was ignored.
Re: Where Was God??? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2017
God said: Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not kill. Do not steal. Do not commit adultery.

We do all we want and when trouble comes, we ask the question, where is God?

He gave us those laws to be able to live peacefully with each other.

In case you didn't notice,. Peace has been taken away from the world. Peace is an individual thing.

The Earth is in Pains. The world is in Labour, about to give birth....

Until men learn to follow the commandments of God, the world will always be in chaos.

Do the will of God. Stop querying him
Re: Where Was God??? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Samswags9:

...But somehow I find it in me
to love him anyways.

I'm more concerned about this your closing statement.

Which God do you love anyways?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2017
jmichlins:
God takes credit for all good things happening but created the devil as a fall back in case things go south. But devil became more hardworking than good following the rise in the number of evil happening. The most selfish of people on earth are Christians who believe God allowed an accident to happen and everyone died excluding them and then call it miracle.
God protect his own.Since many disbelieve that Jesus isn't the way to the father,how do you expect him to deliver them? When the accuser of the brethren accuses man before him,he's a principled deity that keeps his word. Not all Christians are saved from misfortune and not all non Christians face misfortune
Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Originakalokalo:

God said: Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not kill. Do not steal. Do not commit adultery.

In case you didn't notice,. Peace has been taken away from the world. Peace is an individual thing.

Until men learn to follow the commandments of God, the world will always be in chaos.

The reason for most misfortune is in
James 4:8 "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded"
Psalm 1:1 "Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers"
Eph 5:3 "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people"
Prov 28:13 "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy"
These scriptures are the reason why humanity will continue to face misfortune. Sin is an hindrance to God helping man

1 Like

Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
Rubbish. No one rebels against a non-existent entity.

So, you're admitting he's YOUR GOD? Which kind of God lives in YOUR HEAD? Why's he so small? One thing is certain, no Universal God - no Infinite Power of an incredibly vast Universe can exist within the confines of your mind - trapped in your bottle of delusions.

Were your God a universal God, he would have spoken to me as well. Your God, is just that - YOUR GOD.

A God - a real God, wouldn't be bothered by what a human like me thinks of him, the same way I could careless about the opinion of ants. Imagine me demanding worship, praises and reverence from bacteria? I would have to be the most senseless and most deranged human being on the entire planet!
Tozara

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by Samswags9(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm more concerned about this your closing statement.

Which God do you love anyways?

The God I Serve
Re: Where Was God??? by prinzfavian(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

God is everywhere.You can call upon him anywhere and he will answer you. God gives warning most times to man but man out of knowing more than himself falls into the trap of the devil.What happened in Las Vegas was already revealed by God through his prophets but was ignored.
Please....
God is not everywhere, he is in heaven... May be he can see everything, Yes! But he isn't everywhere..
About the Las Vegas incident, if your claim was true that he had revealed it earlier, which means he knew it will happen, why did he destine it to happen in the first place.... Since you guys teach that everything that happen has always been predestined by God before they do?

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God??? by prinzfavian(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Now this is more like it....
Simply true.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God??? by Samswags9(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2017
Babatunde360:

He was there watching with popcorn
Are You Even Human?
Re: Where Was God??? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Rubbish. No one rebels against a non-existent entity.

So, you're admitting he's YOUR GOD? Which kind of God lives in YOUR HEAD? Why's he so small? One thing is certain, no Universal God - no Infinite Power of an incredibly vast Universe can exist within the confines of your mind - trapped in your bottle of delusions.

Were your God a universal God, he would have spoken to me as well. Your God, is just that - YOUR GOD.

A God - a real God, wouldn't be bothered by what a human like me thinks of him, the same way I could careless about the opinion of ants. Imagine me demanding worship, praises and reverence from bacteria? I would have to be the most senseless and most deranged human being on the entire planet!
. How can He speak to you directly when your heart is closed to him? There is nothing God desires more than to come into your life and sup with you...The ball is in your court...Shalom!
Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
. How can He speak to you directly when your heart is closed to him? There is nothing God desires more than to come into your life and sup with you...The ball is in your court...Shalom!
Do you know how vast the universe is? So, the deepest and foremost yearning of its creator is to have an EMOTIONAL relationship with ants on an insignificant speck of dust, located in the vicinity of an inconsequential burning ball of gas, situated in one arm of an irrelevant galaxy among billions dancing and vibrating, sending waves throughout the whole of space, in the cosmic music studio?

This must be the height of pettiness. It is ridiculous beyond words.
Tozara

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was God??? by Samswags9(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
This Is A Front Page Material
Cc: Seun lalasticlala ishilove farano mynd44
Re: Where Was God??? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Do you know how vast the universe is? So, the deepest and foremost yearning of its creator is to have an EMOTIONAL relationship with ants on an insignificant speck of dust, located in the vicinity of an inconsequential burning ball of gas, situated in one arm of an irrelevant galaxy among billions dancing and vibrating, sending waves throughout the whole of space, in the cosmic music studio?

This must be the height of pettiness. It is ridiculous beyond words.

To your god it is ridiculous.

To Jehovah, he is happy to dwell in us.

He created the vast universe. He also created the ants.

He wants to be called Father. What a wonderful God we serve?

So merciful that a prophet complained about his mercy.

So merciful that despite words and insults from Nairaland, we all still live.

He reads the comments and stay silent, waiting for repentance.

( If I were God, alot of people on this site will be eaten alive by worms. That's why I am not fit to be God. I lack abundant mercy)

His judgement? You can't stand it.

If you do his will and present your body holy and acceptable, he dwells in you.

The Earth is his footstool.Imagine his size?

Yet he is happy to dwell in us.
Re: Where Was God??? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Originakalokalo:

To your god it is ridiculous.

To Jehovah, he is happy to dwell in us.

He created the vast universe. He also created the ants.

He wants to be called Father. What a wonderful God we serve?

So merciful that a prophet complained about his mercy.

So merciful that despite words and insults from Nairaland, we all still live.

He reads the comments and stay silent, waiting for repentance.

( If I were God, alot of people on this site will be eaten alive by worms. That's why I am not fit to be God. I lack abundant mercy)

His judgement? You can't stand it.

If you do his will and present your body holy and acceptable, he dwells in you.

The Earth is his footstool.Imagine his size?

Yet he is happy to dwell in us.

Doesn't sound like the Judeo-Christian God. The silly stories in the Jewish Bible tell me you're lying.
Re: Where Was God??? by dalaman: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Funny that it's you that is speaking on God's behalf. Well done.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A True Vision Of End Times / How Can I Become A Witch? / "YOU ARE DOGS, SAID JESUS" Christians who are Hypertensive should'nt read this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.