Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! (22695 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / U.S. House passes Bill abolishing DV Visa Lottery / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by BlueMagic2(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
Breaking News! Nigeria is no more an eligible country for the visa lottery. It was noted that Nigeria has met its quota of legal residents in the U.S. Well i don't know if this is a repercussion on the recent developments concerning Nigeria being a terrorist state & the farouk bruohaha. But this is the latest news coming out of the U.S!
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by maedan(f): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
Are they ma.d?? Lol. Seriously, one out of millions does not a terrorist country make. Just this Muttallab guy want to spoil the show. Too bad!
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Spyker: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
Source please?
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by BlueMagic2(m): 6:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
Spyker:

Source please?
dude i live in the U.S so i know what am talkin about. Saw/heard it over the news.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Spyker: 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
Blue Magic:

dude i live in the U.S so i know what am talkin about. Saw/heard it over the news.

So, there is no link in the USA that i can read it from because you live in the USA. Then, i will believe you when i confirm your story locally in Nigeria or via the web.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by honeric01(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
do you work in the white house or at the immigration office?

even if they stop it, Nigerians don't mind going to cape Verde. tongue
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by fifi09(f): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
One word…. Disastrous!!
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by aieromon(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
Wtf shocked
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by niceguy10: 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
Poster, if this is fact then send the link to the story, you can not just post this just bc you live in the states. Or what do you think?
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by newmusic: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
I dont believe,its a rumour
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
Super Story. . . . . . . .! ! !
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by joxiri: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
i will assume this is a lie until a source is provided
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by leye1234(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2010
Ghana Passport, Here i come.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
This is incorrect information.

See link to list of banned countries.http://myusgreencard.com/requirements.html
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by lasgidi4rv: 2:55am On Mar 10, 2010
@ Osaass:
In reponse to your post "See link to list of banned countries.http://myusgreencard.com/requirements.html". For your info, that is not an official US govt website. Such website would end with a dot gov (.gov) and not dot.com (.com). Which means the individual providing info could have been wrong. wink
On the government website it still lists Nigeria as eligible for the DV-2011. See the link http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions. Whose entrant registration was btw
Oct 2,2009 and Nov30, 2009. No where does it confirm your info on the exclusion of Nigeria.  smiley
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by niceguy10: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2010
Poster, next time post what you are sure of!!!
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by niceguy10: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
Poster, next time post what you are sure of!!!
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
osaass:

lasgidi4rv:

@ Osaass:
In reponse to your post "See link to list of banned countries.http://myusgreencard.com/requirements.html". For your info, that is not an official US govt website. Such website would end with a dot gov (.gov) and not dot.com (.com). Which means the individual providing info could have been wrong. wink
On the government website it still lists Nigeria as eligible for the DV-2011. See the link http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions. Whose entrant registration was btw
Oct 2,2009 and Nov30, 2009. No where does it confirm your info on the exclusion of Nigeria. smiley

I never made the post to point out that Nigeria has been banned; it was to correct any impression and show that Nigeria HAS NOT BEEN BANNED AND IS STILL ELIGIBLE.

Whether fot gov or minus gov, the link is still correct as regards the issue at hand.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
Which news, Sir.
Give the source of the news and cos u reside in USA is not enuf reason to blv the news.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by onyeben: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2010
I heard something like this from my dad in the u.s. But i'm yet to confirm it. If it is true it will really be sad. sad
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by snowdrops(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
We would need to wait and see then
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by lasgidi4rv: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
a Osaass: I must have misread your post 'cos it started off with "this is right information". Thinking you were in agreement with the original poster of the thread (Blue Magic).
My apologies. smiley
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by oyewolejos(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2010
Blue Magic:

Breaking News! Nigeria is no more an eligible country for the visa lottery. It was noted that Nigeria has met its quota of legal residents in the U.S. Well i don't know if this is a repercussion on the recent developments concerning Nigeria being a terrorist state & the farouk bruohaha. But this is the latest news coming out of the U.S!
Who cares?
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish. This is an avenue used by the US Govt. to lick Nigerians dry.If u want to come to US get your Visa and not trying to play Baba Ijebu.
I hate the thing die.U know u will only give 55,000 people Green Card u send letters to 100,000 so people would start running around to get a place After all the money they have wasted.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Pittbaby(f): 1:29am On Mar 13, 2010
some much hoopla over a lottery, one will think they were giving it out to all who wanted
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Spice4luv(f): 5:06am On Mar 13, 2010
Blue Magic or Black Magic, You wan to try make the magic so Nigeria will be banned? Only God know if you nor they leave in one of those small town in Nigeria and come dey say you dey leave for U.S.A. You fit come up with big news like this and nor fit provide the source? Next time make sure you have a concrate evidence before you yan.
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by finemocha(f): 5:13am On Mar 13, 2010
that is once i read the first sentence my heart fell out of my mouth. but after reading the link i swallowed it back
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 13, 2010
osaass:

Who are you shiiittting?

That is N.O.T an official or legit website
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by igbonla(m): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2010
How does this affect the price of shepe in Oyingbo?
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by mi2010: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ blue magic, u are completely enemies of progress. if u are reali in US does not mean that another person will not come there, 4rom my view it is just ur imagination for american government to stop nigerians coming there but its not possible, GOD HAS THE FINAL DICISON in everi body life, i wish everi one planning to go to US good luck, DONT MIND THAT IDIOT evil magic
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by BlueMagic2(m): 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2010
mi 2010:

@ blue magic, u are completely enemies of progress. if u are reali in US does not mean that another person will not come there, 4rom my view it is just your imagination for american government to stop nigerians coming there but its not possible, GOD HAS THE FINAL DICISON in everi body life, i wish everi one planning to go to US good luck, DONT MIND THAT IDIOT evil magic
There's no need to get insultive or emotional & stuff. When i heard the news i was as dissapointed & devastated as any1, cos i also came into the u.s with a visa lottery & i wish any1 tryin to seek a better alternative outside nigeria d best. This is just an information i decided to pass along, remember i said i don't know if the reason for this is the latest situation concerning Nigeria i.e the abdul mutallab & all, cos if it is, it is not a good enough reason. But i hope this is a bluff or a lie!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Mudley313: 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2010
, and you still have not provided any verifiable link or source apart from the fact dat u live in the US. i tried googling it and nothing came up. pls stop spreading false rumor off of hear-say
Re: Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! by Mudley313: 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
unlike you, i will provide link to proove dat ur breaking news is FAKE. here: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/pr_10292009.html

Registration for the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery Now Open

The U.S. Mission in Nigeria announces the opening of the registration period for the 2011 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery.  Interested applicants may register from October 2, 2009 to November 30, 2009 for the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery.

How to Enter
Entries for the 2011 DV Lottery must be submitted electronically between noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), October 2, 2009, and noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5), November 30, 2009. The electronic DV entry form (E-DV) is available at www.dvlottery.state.gov. Paper entries will not be accepted.

Please note that the 2011 DV program is the first time all applicants are required to include an email address in their entries. 

[size=20pt]There are no changes to the list of eligible countries for the 2011 DV Lottery.  Nigeria remains an eligible country for the Diversity Visa Lottery in 2011[/size].

All information provided on the entry form must be complete and accurate. Applicants who provide false information about themselves or on behalf of others will be disqualified from the 2011 DV program. Applicants are encouraged to prepare their own entries, but may be assisted by someone else if necessary. Whether assisted or not, the applicant remains solely responsible for ensuring that the information provided on their entry form is complete and accurate. Only ONE entry form can be submitted per person.

The U.S. Mission urges applicants to submit their electronic entries early, to avoid potential delays on the Web-site caused by heavy demand. No entries will be accepted after noon, EST, on November 30, 2009.

When an entry is successfully registered, a printable confirmation screen will be displayed containing the applicant's name and confirmation number. Entrants can use this information to electronically check the status of their own entry. All successful entrants will be notified by regular mail, but only those entrants who keep their confirmation page information will be able to check their entry status online. The results of entries for the 2011 DV Lottery will be available online at www.dvlottery.state.gov starting July 1, 2010.

Nigeria Strongly Represented Among the 2010 DV Selectees

The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) in Williamsburg, Kentucky, has registered and notified the winners of the 2010 DV Lottery. Approximately 102,800 applicants from around the world were randomly selected from more than 13.6 million qualified entries.  The winning entries included 6,006 applicants from Nigeria, the second-highest total of any participating country. Other countries with high numbers of winning applicants include Ghana (8,752), Bangladesh (6,001), and Ukraine (5,499). Being chosen in the DV Lottery is no guarantee of subsequent visa issuance. The total number of available DVs is set by the U.S. Congress. The number of lottery winners chosen is higher than the available number of visas because some entrants will not qualify or will not choose to pursue the DV application.

The annual DV program gives qualified applicants the opportunity to immigrate to the United States. The program makes visas available to individuals meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. DV winners are chosen by a random, computer-generated drawing. The visas are distributed among six geographic regions, with more visas going to regions with lower rates of immigration, and with no visas going to nationals of countries sending more than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. over the past five years. No single country may receive more than seven percent of its region's DVs each year.

The Mission reminds the public that being selected DOES NOT guarantee immigrant visa issuance. All applicants are responsible for the information that they submit for themselves and eligible family members on the visa application and during the visa interview. Submission of false information on the application form or during the visa interview can result in denial of the visa and a life-long ban from entry into the United States for the principal applicant and any family members.

For detailed information about entry requirements, along with frequently asked questions about the DV Lottery, please see the instructions for the 2011 DV Lottery available at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

(1) (2)

11 Things Lagosians Will Not Miss About “danfo” / LRU Rescues Fatal Accident Victims On Berger Bridge, Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.