Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot (1758 Views)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm / ROI On Cassava Investment Far Better Than Any Other Investment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Is it possible to plant maize and legume twice as well as cassava to maximize land use
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by DonCandido(f): 6:20pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
Is it possible to plant maize and legume twice as well as cassava to maximize land use

"Can one plant maize and beans on cassava same plot (sic)?"

Compound illiterate. Illiteracy is oozing throughout your writings on Nairaland.

Have my sympathy on your truncated education.

Sue your teachers and get OFF Nairaland. It is no forum for illiterates.
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by nurey(m): 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

your query isn't definitive though but let me simplify

according to logic and what we were taught in school, maize and legumes can be planted thrice a year in southwest as it is located in a rain forest zone then it was March to November, I don't think that can happen considering climate change as rain started in middle of may and may probably end by September (I used September because of last year experience)

can maize, legume and cassava be planted at the same time, the answer is yes, but can only happen once since 3months when you will harvest maize and legume, the cassava would have covered the soil so new seeds of maize and legume resowed for second season would find it hard to photosynthesize.

but is it possible yes it is but you will have to readjust your spacing insuch a way that it would make weeding individual crop easy, meaning seeds/planting materials used would be minimal to recommended also it is good only for organic commercial farmers i.e if you intend to fertilize a 1000hectares of land without buying fertilizer, you plant cassava insuch a way tht you can incorporate cowpea which is a nitrogen fixing crop to help provide necessary N for the cassava throughout its life time
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:58pm On May 25, 2018
DonCandido:

Compound illiterate. Illiteracy is oozing throughout your writings on Nairaland.

Coman remove me from nairaland.com
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:45pm On May 25, 2018
nurey:

your query isn't definitive though but let me simplify

according to logic and what we were taught in school, maize and legumes can be planted thrice a year in southwest as it is located in a rain forest zone then it was March to November, I don't think that can happen considering climate change as rain started in middle of may and may probably end by September (I used September because of last year experience)

can maize, legume and cassava be planted at the same time, the answer is yes, but can only happen once since 3months when you will harvest maize and legume, the cassava would have covered the soil so new seeds of maize and legume resowed for second season would find it hard to photosynthesize.

but is it possible yes it is but you will have to readjust your spacing insuch a way that it would make weeding individual crop easy, meaning seeds/planting materials used would be minimal to recommended also it is good only for organic commercial farmers i.e if you intend to fertilize a 1000hectares of land without buying fertilizer, you plant cassava insuch a way tht you can incorporate cowpea which is a nitrogen fixing crop to help provide necessary N for the cassava throughout its life time
can we talk on whatsapp
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by nurey(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
can we talk on whatsapp
sure number in my signature
Re: Can One Plant Maize And Beans Twice On Cassava Same Plot by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
You are of all men most miser.......able
DonCandido:

(1) (Reply)

Animal Bones Processing Market Research / . / Supergene Oil Palm Seedlings Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.