Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm (2689 Views)

Akwa Ibom To Import 2,000 Pregnant Cattle From Mexico / How To Stop Herdsmen And Their Cattle From Destroying Your Farmland / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by Ameboperoo(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2018
Please my collegues I'm in a fix right now. I have invested a lot on cassava farm but these Fulani herdsmen are always grazing on it.
If you're fortunate to even see tlem around your farm they will deny.
Even the security agents are not helping matters (surprisingly). Now I learnt the governor has aaked the herdsmen to come to the state (Kogi)
I am thinking if there's a way ,,maybe chemical to spray on or around the farm the farm that will repel the cattles.
We used traditional rulers to settle disputes before but now, it's like they are afraid of being dethroned by the governor.
I am a graduate and have invested all I have in farming since I could not secure a job after years.
If I can just recoup my money back this year ,I will not go into farming anymore. It's like cattle has special like for cassava leaves especially during the dry season when the cassava plants are going through stress .
But this is very unfair. How can the herdsmen use their own investment to destroy someone's? This is not the 1st or second time they have invaded my farm.I could not sleep all night thinking about this memance .
Any suggestion os welcome.
Sorry for my long rant o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by Nutase: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2018
Try using local fencing methods for your farm. They sell one type of fence made if grass after koton karfe, dunno the name of the village and its affordable. It will increase your cost but save you from loosing everything.
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:
Try using local fencing methods for your farm. They sell one type of fence made if grass after koton karfe, dunno the name of the village and its affordable. It will increase your cost but save you from loosing everything.
How is the grass like?
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2018
The best is to plant castor oil plant around the fence of the farm but you will need to water it.
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by Nutase: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How is the grass like?
dunno how to explain it. But they make it into a fence like structure.
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by femu(m): 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ameboperoo:
Please my collegues I'm in a fix right now. I have invested a lot on cassava farm but these Fulani herdsmen are always grazing on it.
If you're fortunate to even see tlem around your farm they will deny.
Even the security agents are not helping matters (surprisingly). Now I learnt the governor has aaked the herdsmen to come to the state (Kogi)
I am thinking if there's a way ,,maybe chemical to spray on or around the farm the farm that will repel the cattles.
We used traditional rulers to settle disputes before but now, it's like they are afraid of being dethroned by the governor.
I am a graduate and have invested all I have in farming since I could not secure a job after years.
If I can just recoup my money back this year ,I will not go into farming anymore. It's like cattle has special like for cassava leaves especially during the dry season when the cassava plants are going through stress .
But this is very unfair. How can the herdsmen use their own investment to destroy someone's? This is not the 1st or second time they have invaded my farm.I could not sleep all night thinking about this memance .
Any suggestion os welcome.
Sorry for my long rant o.

Honestly there is nothing you can do but pray for now.

If you try any approach they can set the farm on fire so don't waste money on fence, chemicals or any herb.
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by fm7070: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
This fulani herdsmen issue goes beyond just feeding their cows. The actual plan is to discourage and paralyse farming in other region except the core North. With that, they can determine food supply, sell what they like at any price they wish. They can as well sell systematically poisoned food to the east and west when there is uprising or heated issue, next thing is that yu find disease outbreak. May God save us oooooo. I want to go into farming but the fear of fulani herdsmen is the beginning of caution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by mfm04622: 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
fm7070:
This fulani herdsmen issue goes beyond just feeding their cows. The actual plan is to discourage and paralyse farming in other region except the core North. With that, they can determine food supply, sell what they like at any price they wish. They can as well sell systematically poisoned food to the east and west when there is uprising or heated issue, next thing is that yu find disease outbreak. May God save us oooooo. I want to go into farming but the fear of fulani herdsmen is the beginning of caution.

Please stop spreading falsehood! The herdmen are not interested in farming.
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by deligatus(m): 6:13am On Jan 22, 2018
mfm04622:

Please stop spreading falsehood! The herdmen are not interested in farming.
How can you blv? Until someone you love is involved
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by mfm04622: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2018
deligatus:

How can you blv? Until someone you love is involved

I believe there is a herdmen crisis ongoing in Nigeria. You believe the herdmen causing trouble are terrorists. However, I do not believe the cause of the crisis is what you said. Herdmen are not interested in tilling the soil. Simple
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by adisabarber(m): 8:49am On Jan 22, 2018
Is this really a country?
Re: How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm by MetroBaba1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
INFORMATION FOR FARMERS!!

You don't need to fight fulani herdsmen.

Just combine and spray the following chemicals on your farm:
Atrazine,
Chlorpyrifos,
Metolachlor,

And leave the rest for the gods.

This chemicals are classified most dangerous farm chemical for pest, insect and weed control. Spray the chemicals on stem and leaves, you can combine them for effective output. Any cow that eats your crops dies. No veterinary doctor can save such cow.

Any herdsman who graze his cow on your farm is a wicked persons and his cows deserves to die.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Stretching The Banana / DELTA State Farmers, Let Me Here / 2019 Cashew Nuts Season!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.