Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 (1023 Views)

Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs / Who Is Your Customer? [What Every Entrepreneur Need To Know] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 12:51am On Oct 06, 2017
Many Nigerians woke up this week to text messages from their banks and telephone providers announcing the 2017 Customer Service Week, just like in previous years. Banks and Telecommunication companies seem to be the only Nigerian brands that care about customer service week, and they mark the event by sending bulk SMS to their customers.

But Customer Service Week Social (CSWS) is working to change that. It is hosting a Social Media effort to collect inspiring customer service stories from across Nigeria during this year's Customer Service Week which holds from 2nd to 6th of this month.

A number of interesting stories - some that inspire and others that are awful - have been shared across social media.

If you have an interesting customer service story to share, you may share your story on this thread for a chance to win N10,000

Rules:

1. Your story must be less than 500 words
2. Your story must be original
3. You must post your story on this thread
4. You must tell your story using only decent language to tell your story, unless you are quoting comments by a third party during the experience on which your story is based.
5. Text, graphics, images, memes, videos and any other relevant media can be used to tell your story.
6. Stories with the highest 'likes' + shares values will be adjudged winner
7. Must be posted on or before 11:59 PM on Friday October 6th.
8. The prize will be paid in Naira by bank transfer
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by Naijastatesman9: 1:06am On Oct 06, 2017
I came across the Customer Service Social page yesterday on Facebook. I clicked the the hashtag #cswsng and found some interesting stories:

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by uzomagic(m): 1:25am On Oct 06, 2017
N10,000? I could sing a song for that cheesy> But my own experience is poor service from the body at the centre of the $25 scandal cheesy

My Poor Customer Service Experience with the NNPC

#cswsng

This year, I had a terrible service experience with NNPC.

A friend wanted me to get Nigeria's monthly Oil production data for 2016 I went to the NNPC website and found that the production figures for April 2016 had been repeated in the May report. I called some numbers on the website repeatedly but never got through to make a complain. So I called someone I know who works at the NNPC to tell him about the embarrassing problem. He promised to tell the people in charge about it, promising that it must have been human error. But two weeks after, the people in charge of the figures did not make the correction. My NNPC contact gave up in frustration, noting that: 'my brother, you know say na government work. Na so dem dey do here.

I was bitterly disappointed. I expected the NNPC to be different.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by Vogue50: 1:30am On Oct 06, 2017
Keep your N10,000 If na $10,000 we for consider am #I_Dey_Vex. GTB dey vex me. After deducting my money so tey my eye red last month, dem decide to open October for me with another format.

Yesterday,GTBank mailed me to say that their platform will be down for 1 hour for maintenance. Brethren, na so 1 hour turn to 10 hours.

Someone I was supposed to send money to called me endlessly despite my explanation of the situation. In the end, I was really stressed out, thanks to GTBank.

GTBank should be given a Poor Performance Award during Customer Service Week 2017. I so move! Any Seconder?
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by uzomagic(m): 1:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Here's another story. This time it's Etisalat AKA 9Mobile.

9Mobile nearly ruined my relationship. Last week my girlfriend tried to call me after I travelled to my village. We were having a little misunderstanding before my trip. So she thought I would break up with her once I arrived at my village like I did the last time. But I wasn't nursing that sort of plan. I was upset with her. But I didn't plan to break up.

When I arrived at my village, I met very poor electricity supply so my phone was switched off most of the time. I switched on my phone one morning and saw a message from my girlfriend accusing me of ignoring her calls. I called her and asked her to explain the text. She told she had called repeatedly the previous day and the phone rang but I refused to pick. I tried to explain to her that my phone was switched off the whole time and so couldn't have rang. She started crying and refused to be consoled. She called my cousin to tell him that I ignored her calls because I was cheating on her in my village. It was my cousin who saved the day. He told her that 9Mobile has a network problem that makes phones appear to be ringing to the caller when in fact the phone was switched off. My cousin was the hero and 9Mobile the villain in that tale.

We are getting married next month. 9Mobile is not invited cheesy.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 1:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Wow!

Congrats @Uzomagic on your upcoming wedding. I'm coming right behind you. Mine's for December.Make una go prepare road. We dey come.

Please forgive 9Mobile nah. Lol. I think they will attend if you go to your wedding with your phone cheesy

uzomagic:
Here's another story. This time it's Etisalat AKA 9Mobile.

9Mobile nearly ruined my relationship. Last week my girlfriend tried to call me after I travelled to my village. We were having a little misunderstanding before my trip. So she thought I would break up with her once I arrived at my village like I did the last time. But I wasn't nursing that sort of plan. I was upset with her. But I didn't plan to break up.

When I arrived at my village, I met very poor electricity supply so my phone was switched off most of the time. I switched on my phone one morning and saw a message from my girlfriend accusing me of ignoring her calls. I called her and asked her to explain the text. She told she had called repeatedly the previous day and the phone rang but I refused to pick. I tried to explain to her that my phone was switched off the whole time and so couldn't have rang. She started crying and refused to be consoled. She called my cousin to tell him that I ignored her calls because I was cheating on her in my village. It was my cousin who saved the day. He told her that 9Mobile has a network problem that makes phones appear to be ringing to the caller when in fact the phone was switched off. My cousin was the hero and 9Mobile the villain in that tale.

We are getting married next month. 9Mobile is not invited cheesy.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 2:07am On Oct 06, 2017
Keep them stories coming guys.

Here's something for us to ponder about. I saw this on the Customer Service Week Social Facebook page and I found it Interesting.

Have you ever used the services of the Consumer Protection Council or do you know anyone who has?

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 2:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Here's a template I found on the CPC Facebook page on how to make a complaint to the CPC should you ever need to:

Keep them stories coming.

Remember N10,000 is up for grabs. You could invite your friends to like your post or share widely.

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 2:18am On Oct 06, 2017
And here's a CPC Facebook cover page to go with this thread just because ...

All I see in my head is a smiling face with the figure N10,000 written across its for head. That could be you or someone close.

Tell your Customer Service story!

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by Naijastatesman9: 2:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Which one be CPC again? CPC no be Buhari former political party?

FLOW101:
Keep them stories coming guys.

Here's something for us to ponder about. I saw this on the Customer Service Week Social Facebook page and I found it Interesting.

Have you ever used the services of the Consumer Protection Council or do you know anyone who has?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol.

CPC also stands for the Consumer Protection Council. The government body that sees to consumer interests. Here's a testimonial I found on their facebook page

Naijastatesman9:

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by FLOW101: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2017
And here's another story about the CPC hammer falling on DSTV

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by uzomagic(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lol! My belle oh! Funny guy.

CPC is Consumer Protection Council. You can contact CPC if you feel cheated in a transaction.

If you get poor service in a government office, you need to contact another organization called Servicom. There is often a Servicom unit in Government parastatals.

Attached is an image I found from their Facebook Page

Naijastatesman9:

Re: Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 by uzomagic(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
So all these agencies exist?

Why do we not hear about their work?

uzomagic:
Lol! My belle oh! Funny guy.

CPC is Consumer Protection Council. You can contact CPC if you feel cheated in a transaction.

If you get poor service in a government office, you need to contact another organization called Servicom. There is often a Servicom unit in Government parastatals.

Attached is an image I found from their Facebook Page

(1) (Reply)

22 / Anyone Ever Purchased A Suit On Aliexpress Or Other Chinese Sites? / I Found This Amethyst. What Is It Worth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.