Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story (2436 Views)

How Adobe Commerce Tools Help You Improve Customer Service Experience / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / Share Your Customer Service Experience To Win N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2020
Got Scammed On Carbon? OYO! See The Email They Sent Me!

Dear Nairalanders,

I write this thread with so much annoyance and frustration! I have been using carbon (formerly known as paylater) for a while now and I have always trusted this Fin tech.

But Yesterday, this fintech broke and destroyed all the hopes I have with them and I advise people who use this platform to be wary and port if they can because even if you get scammed of your funds they will claim to investigate but they will do nothing. No only that the email they'll send you is the most callous, tone deaf email you will ever see! No apologies, no consolation. It's like though you're not their customer.

Now, this thread is not for you to come here and tell me why I was silly enough to make a mistake but I'm here to talk about the response gotten from Carbon itself.

1 Like

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2020
First the story starts with a tweet, I made two tweets complaining of the fact that I couldn't do anything on my bank app, find pictures attached with their response. Now, I saw one tweet response which was the first and not even the second that had the picture attached.

As soon as I got this response I got a message almost immediately from an account which seemed like it was carbon. Now, first of all I really needed my account to work again as I need the funds in that account. I was just chatting and the convo seemed nothing out of the ordinary, as you can see. The problem came when I was asked for my BVN and then I started getting debit alert. I was confused. That's when I realized I was chatting with a duplicate. Screenshot attached. Please look at the account, the names are extremely similar. You would have to take a closer look to realise that it's not the same with the original.

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2020
I have accepted I have made a mistake and I decided to respond to the old tweet and the response was that's why we...you can see it in the screenshot. That's when I then saw their response to the second tweet talking about they don't do this and that. I did a reset on my account while also sending a mail. I also blocked my GT card which was connected to the account

After this, I had to call mtn to see if there is anything that can be done about the situation considering that it was airtime that was used to collect money from my account. I was told that they can't block the number or do anything. That I have to contact the bank as they can be the one to rectify and they can then take action.
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2020
Now, I have sent a mail to them and I got an automatic response giving me a ticket ID. I wasn't satisfied with this, I went to their Facebook page as well to let them know that I have been scammed and I have sent a mail. They gave me assurance just like their twitter that they are working on it.

I decided to take some time off and wait for some sort of reasonable response. Close to some hours have gone and I sent a tweet saying I'm yet to hear from them. No response from carbon. Then they called me around 2pm. What shocked me was that I tried earlier to call but was told I can't call but they were calling me? They asked me some questions about my account, the twitter handle and all. Then they said they will get back to me. This is hours after the incident had happened.

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2020
Just for me to get this mail some hours afterwards that my account as been locked and I should report to relevant authorities. Now how is this a reasonable response? Why keep me waiting thinking something was going to be done about it? Even the normal banks we know, usually have a way they do these kind of things when fraud occurs. The callousness of their responses has got me in shock. This means that if other people have something like this happen to them then that's the end. No apologies nothing, no care in the world and to make it worse they were still advertising in the email that they sent.

In summary: your funds are not safe in the carbon wallet. Put money there at your own risk.

Here is the account that scammed me kindly report so others don't fall victim: https://twitter.com/get_cabon?s=09

Edit: Please note the money that was taken from me was in my carbon wallet. So I can't go to any bank to rectify the issue. Also their customer service is not encouraging, and this kind of attitude is what lead me to go to their twitter page.

This is my story Nairalanders, please spread the word! This kind of thing can't just be left to go like that. I deserve some proper answers!

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by WandaMaximoff: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2020
Are you sure it's the real carbon you've been conversing with?
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by thesicilian: 9:59am On Nov 07, 2020
You were obviously scammed by fraudsters and not the real carbon. I doubt if there's anything Carbon could have done, but all the same they should still have treated you with more seriousness and respect.

1 Like

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2020
WandaMaximoff:
Are you sure it's the real carbon you've been conversing with?
No, please read through my post.
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2020
thesicilian:
You were obviously scammed by fraudsters and not the real carbon. I doubt if there's anything Carbon could have done, but all the same they should still have treated you with more seriousness and respect.
Yes. I expected a better response from them after delaying me for so long
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by sammie026(m): 11:02am On Nov 07, 2020
A very touching story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2020
lalasticlala, Seun, FOD, puskin, naijacutee, dominique

Please help me spread the message. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by UncleSnr(m): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
joywendy:
lalasticlala, Seun, FOD, puskin, naijacutee, dominique

Please help me spread the message. Thanks
Damn!
I don't know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
UncleSnr:

Damn!
I don't know what to say.

It's okay. It's just a sad thing. I just had to get the message out there
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
sammie026:
A very touching story

Yeah sad
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by Azaboy: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
Still looking for new DSTV decoder

1 Like

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by hahn(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2020
joywendy:
First the story starts with a tweet, I made two tweets complaining of the fact that I couldn't do anything on my bank app, find pictures attached with their response. Now, I saw one tweet response which was the first and not even the second that had the picture attached.

As soon as I got this response I got a message almost immediately from an account which seemed like it was carbon. Now, first of all I really needed my account to work again as I need the funds in that account. I was just chatting and the convo seemed nothing out of the ordinary, as you can see. The problem came when I was asked for my BVN and then I started getting debit alert. I was confused. That's when I realized I was chatting with a duplicate. Screenshot attached. Please look at the account, the names are extremely similar. You would have to take a closer look to realise that it's not the same with the original.

Damn!

This is an old scam. Too bad you fell for it.

The first thing that should have tipped you off was when they asked for your bvb. Not even bank staff have a right to ask you that

1 Like

Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
Azaboy:
Check my previous posts.

I was also a victim and I made a private investigation into the issue.
If your ATM card was used, contact your bank, it concerns them too.

I gave Carbon more than enough information to nab the fraudsters but seems like they are complicit in the scheme.

Their base of operations is in Ogun State.
One of the fraudsters is a resident of No 4 Ijokun Omolewa Street in Sagamu Ogun State with phone number 08167552156.

The fraudsters also operate the access bank with the following information Taiwo Monsurat Jimoh 1222316504

The fraudster former personal number is 08105944158.

There you have it.

My ATM card wasn't used. The money was in my wallet.

It has been a traumatic experience so far and I have decided to move on from the whole issue. Trying to get the authorities involved was another hussle on its own.

Thanks so much for your help.
Re: Tragic Carbon Customer Service Experience. My Sad story by joywendy(f): 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
hahn:

Damn!

This is an old scam. Too bad you fell for it.

The first thing that should have tipped you off was when they asked for your bvb. Not even bank staff have a right to ask you that

Yeah. I was really desperate for money then hence not even thinking properly when asked for my details.

Well shit happens. I just thought to share my story here to others and also as a reminder to myself too.

(1) (Reply)

Making Money With Google Adwords / Starting Up A Recharge Card Business / What Good Business Can I Do With 1million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.