Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University (continuation) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University (continuation) (812 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / After 5 Years Of Failure,Lady Rejoices As She Gets Admitted Into University.PICS / UNILAG: Girl Got Admitted On Merit Having Scored Zero In Post Utme Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University (continuation) by Abdullahi1994: 6:31am On Oct 06, 2017
“Thank God I have been offered admission”, “I was offered Biochemistry but I put in for Medicine”, “Is there anyone who have been offered Physiology?”
No, that’s not me. Those were the comments I found on a Facebook group I follow, the first batch of the admission list has just been released. The tension is on the high again.
With a mixture of excitement and fear I quickly rushed to the University’s website to check my name. But all I could see is the sorry message and the plead to check back later. I was once again down. After few days, I do what most people would do; I started looking for the percentage of students that were admitted in the first batch and comparing them with the previous years, and also asking people who have gained admission into the same school to know which batch they were admitted. I was once again calm when I heard most students were admitted in the second batch. But my heart is still filled with ‘what if’ questions: What if I am not admitted? What if history repeats itself?
Once again, I do what I know how to do: pray.
It was on a sunny afternoon, and I was feeling sick from fever. I was laying on my bed when a call came in. It was my friend who had been offered admission into my institution of choice the first year we both tried. I was afraid after seeing his call, this is a guy that will rarely pick his phone to call you. What is he going to tell me? Is it that the second list is out that I should go and check? Or is it something else, not related to admission? So I picked the call in suspense. Then I dropped the call after some minutes. My guess was right, it is one of the two guesses I had. But even better; I have been offered admission. Immediately, everything around me looked different, the fever flew away, I was filled with joy. But then I remembered the last part of the call where he said: “the bad news is that you have not been offered the course you applied for”.
But who care if it is that course or not, I am just trying to make it to the University. To clearly understand my position just visualize a man whose favorite food is rice and would hardly eat any other food on a good day. But here comes a day he is penniless and hungry with no hope of food. And close to the end of the day someone from somewhere brought him a food he hasn’t tasted in his whole life. You guess what he will do with the food. So that is what I did.
I accepted the admission and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.
Thank you for reading through
Narrated by: Alao Tope Abdullahi
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: www.offkrent.com …finding hostel with ease

(1) (Reply)

How Will I Check My Lasu Admission Status / Unilorin Payment Of Acceptance Fee Now Available / Possible Questions From Jamb 2017 Utme See Possible Questions From Jamb 2017 Utm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.