Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare (4632 Views)

Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church / Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Martins4christ: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2017
i really need advice. i am a student, currently pregnant. going by my calculation, my baby will be two weeks old when school resumes, i am planing on staying at home for a month to take care of LO. my concern is will i be able to drop a six weeks old baby at d school daycare, while i attend class? (i am a single, cant afford a personal nanny, and i have no family member around me) or is there a better way to go about it. am at my wits end.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by LionDeLeo: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2017
Not advisable, by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by delishpot: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2017
It's well. You could look for a daycare that accepts babies of that age around you. Not the best but instead of nothing you can utilize them and make sure you pay close attention to what is happening to your baby while it's in their care.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by BlackDBagba: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Not sure what to say...
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by newyorks(m): 10:38am On Oct 06, 2017
dn't try that pls,for crying out loud a six weeks old,use ur brain.

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Adaumunocha(f): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2017
6weeks old Please don't do that. Rather give the baby to your mom. Hope they are aware
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2017
Baby mama, daycare is fine but get a good one
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Martins4christ:
i really need advice. i am a student, currently pregnant. going by my calculation, my baby will be two weeks old when school resumes, i am planing on staying at home for a month to take care of LO. my concern is will i be able to drop a six weeks old baby at d school daycare, while i attend class? (i am a single, cant afford a personal nanny, and i have no family member around me) or is there a better way to go about it. am at my wits end.

The bold phrases are not connecting well to me. Anyway, let me normalize everything and speak on a neutral ground.

First, they is no law that says your child must start this first term. Starting now does not mean he/she can't start from second term or even third term. You can offer her exact thing she will be offered in the school when you are back from class. So plan yourself well and know you have a work when you come back. With that plan she will not miss a lot. Some of us that didn't go to nursery school but started from primary one are even better than some persons.

Secondly, You currently have a 2 weeks old baby, and you are pregnant again, yet single. Sorry to be harsh, but if what you said up there is true, then you don't have plan for yourself. You seem not to learn anything from stories and experiences people share here on nairaland. By same analogy, when you put to bed, you will get pregnant two weeks again and still remain single, please don't open another thread in that regard.

Lastly, my sister, this is 21st century. If you must Bleep, tell him to wear condom. Stop losing your sense when you are touched. Imagine what you are currently going through now. A baby, academics, and pregnancy. No one can love you more than you love yourself. This is hating your own self. To be sincere with you, you need to be strong now, have time for youself. Your mumu should have done by now. There are hard decisions you need to take now:
1. Suspend your school till you are done with child birth while still single
2. Let your child miss the first year in school. It has nothing to do with her cognitive reasoning
3. Get married to this man that is responsible for these innocent children that do not know how reckless their mum is. That is if its the same man that owns the two of them.
Let me stop here
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

The bold phrases are not connecting well to me. Anyway, let me normalize everything and speak on a neutral ground.

First, they is no law that says your child must start this first term. Starting now does not mean he/she can't start from second term or even third term. You can offer her exact thing she will be offered in the school when you are back from class. So plan yourself well and know you have a work when you come back. With that plan she will not miss a lot. Some of us that didn't go to nursery school but started from primary one are even better than some persons.

Secondly, You currently have a 2 weeks old baby, and you are pregnant again, yet single. Sorry to be harsh, but if what you said up there is true, then you don't have plan for yourself. You seem not to learn anything from stories and experiences people share here on nairaland. By same analogy, when you put to bed, you will get pregnant two weeks again and still remain single, please don't open another thread in that regard.

Lastly, my sister, this is 21st century. If you must Bleep, tell him to wear condom. Stop losing your sense when you are touched. Imagine what you are currently going through now. A baby, academics, and pregnancy. No one can love you more than you love yourself. This is hating your own self. To be sincere with you, you need to be strong now, have time for youself. Your mumu should have done by now. There are hard decisions you need to take now:
2. Let your child miss the first year in school. It has nothing to do with her cognitive reasoning
3. Get married to this man that is responsible for these innocent children that do not know how reckless their mum is. That is if its the same man that owns the two of them.
Let me stop here

Bro you don't seem to amaze me

Lol @ Lastly, my sister, this is 21st century. If you must Bleep, tell him to wear condom. Stop losing your sense when you are touched

2 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Bro you don't seem to amaze me

Lol @ Lastly, my sister, this is 21st century. If you must Bleep, tell him to wear condom. Stop losing your sense when you are touched
Lol, take time and go through her post. I am a physicist and have tried to connect them. But they aren't making some sense to me. So while offering her my recommendation, I also have to show her where she got it all wrong. If she must Bleep, then she must Bleep with sense, that is why some people are called slay queen.

Imagine the kind of suffering these children she is bringing into the world will be prone to. Not every man will want to marry a single mother, not to talk of one that have 2 kids already. You still can't be sure its same man that is responsible for the two. All analysis and experience suggests its different guy except if the op proves it wrong.

What do you have to say bro
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics

She is pregnant with the child, she will deliver and 2 weeks after delivery is when she will have to go back to school,
I think that's what she meant,
OP am I right?

Furthermore why are you shaming her? She didn't ask you to shame her she asked for advice, stick to the topic.

If the father of the child was around they could have planned a way to take care of the baby together, 2 people make a child, 2 people take care of the child,
Why should a man go raw when he knows he is not ready to take care of the child? If he must bleep he must wear a condom too.
If you want to do the blame game do it equally,
Mtchewwww

I don't know where the father is but he should have been with you op,
Why will you allow him to escape and dodge his responsibilities,
It would have been easier on you.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Lol, take time and go through her post. I am a physicist and have tried to connect them. But they aren't making some sense to me. So while offering her my recommendation, I also have to show her where she got it all wrong. If she must Bleep, then she must Bleep with sense, that is why some people are called slay queen.

Imagine the kind of suffering these children she is bringing into the world will be prone to. Not every man will want to marry a single mother, not to talk of one that have 2 kids already. You still can't be sure its same man that is responsible for the two. All analysis and experience suggests its different guy except if the op proves it wrong.

What do you have to say bro

We think alike, as fellow physicists... grin

I feel our generational experiences makes many of us think alike, the more i read your comments, the more i smile...It's like you write my thoughts.

Let's leave that aside jare. How's work...Freelancing sucks at times, Skrill is trying to choke me to death....

What were your major areas of interest in Physics back in the days? For me, any day any time, Advanced, Atomic & Nucleal Physics ...I read up every now and then on Physics and Chemistry, Can never leave us... grin Guess you're of the early 80s generation too
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2017
Daeylar:
She is pregnant with the child, she will deliver and 2 weeks after delivery is when she will have to go back to school,
I think that's what she meant,
OP am I right?

Furthermore why are you shaming her? She didn't ask you to shame her she asked for advice, stick to the topic.

If the father of the child was around they could have planned a way to take care of the baby together, 2 people make a child, 2 people take care of the child,
Why should a man go raw when he knows he is not ready to take care of the child? If he must bleep he must wear a condom too.
If you want to do the blame game do it equally,
Mtchewwww

I don't know where the father is but he should have been with you op,
Why will you allow him to escape and dodge his responsibilities,
It would have been easier on you.
@First bold sentence ---- Op is a student, she have expressed herself, and she rightly pointed out in the bracket that she is single. She wasn't talking about any father or husband.

@Second bold sentence----You are trying to bring gender into this. No one attached gender issue here. Just like you will condemn an action irrespective of the gender, same way people are doing here. Please, kindly respond accordingly.

Lastly, you didn't seem to offer her any advise rather, you tried interpreting what she wrote. It seems like its the same person using different moniker.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Let me stop here

in your haste to be judgemental you didn't even take time to understand her post.

lemme break it down for you

1. she is currently pregnant and a student if her expected date of delivery is correctly predicted by the time she gives birth and her school resumes (i.e. the OP's school not her child) her baby will be two weeks.

2. After school resumes she wants to miss school for 1month to care for the baby, so by the time she officially resumes school her baby will now be 2wks+1month =6wks

So her question is is it safe/okay to leave a 6weeks old baby in day care in order for the mother i.e. the Op to resume school.

she is talking about only 1child here.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

We think alike, as fellow physicists... grin

I feel our generational experiences makes many of us think alike, the more i read your comments, the more i smile...It's like you write my thoughts.

Let's leave that aside jare. How's work...Freelancing sucks at times, Skrill is trying to choke me to death....

What were your major areas of interest in Physics back in the days? For me, any day any time, Advanced, Atomic & Nuclear Physics ...I read up every now and then on Physics and Chemistry, Can never leave us... grin Guess you're of the early 80s generation too
First my brother work is fine. Today is Friday, I just have to take some time and relax while still do my job since its like a research work. The work is related to what I do in freelancing only that its tilted towards project management. All in all, the analytical thinking skill is always appreciated by my Manager. lol

I am still young bro. Graduated 2015, finished service April 2017. I was on fiverr May 2017. I will be sending a PM right away, I could invest in skril if you can guide me. My brain seems to forsake me these days. I love quantum mechanics so much. Tried proving the periodic table wrong. B the separation of fullerene into graphene in 2010, it was discovered that diamond isn't the strongest known substance rather graphene. And that graphene from where carbon comes is a great conductor, it conducts even more than aluminium. So why would carbon be a non conductor in the periodic table? Even when pencil lead conducts. Pencil lead is a sheet of graphene. That was where I did my Project (Nanotechnology).

To the post, Most physicists tend to think better than others. Its a fact and you must appreciate how they reason
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

in your haste to be judgemental you didn't even take time to understand her post.

1. she is currently pregnant and a student if her expected date of delivery is correctly predicted by the time she gives birth and her school resumes (i.e. the OP's school not her child) her baby will be two weeks.

2. After school resumes she wants to miss school for 1month to care for the baby, so by the time she officially resumes school her baby will now be 2wks+1month =6wks

So her question is is it safe/okay to leave a 6weeks old baby in day care in order for the mother i.e. the Op to resume school.

True...

Very delicate to leave a 6 weeks old baby at a daycare. I hear folks do it these days. There are churches that run daycare centers that accept even very young babies... If she's well to do, she can hire a baby sitter. So it's either a day care center, a baby sitter, or she carries over one year.

But Mrphysics is correct, people should plan their babies and not just have them. I'm sure if she this discussion with her lover before the pregnancy, this thread wouldn't be necessary...So prepare,plan and act...Children should be treasured enough for us to prepare for them adequately...
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2017
@ OP 1st find out if they even accept six weeks old baby.

since you said you have no family that can helpn (not even your mum? )

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do

so it's either you postpone school till baby is one or you make up your mind and leave the baby at day care and hope for the best.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Diamond23(f): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Not advisable at all, u can go with ur baby to d lecture hall if allowed or ur friends should help u out with school stuff's for now.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

No one is trying to be judgemental. I offered her an advise before writing on. No one judged any here.
@ the bold, I got that now.

Like I said, it wasn't all connecting.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
@ OP 1st find out if they even accept six weeks old baby.

since you said you have no family that can helpn (not even your mum? )

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do

so it's either you postpone school till baby is one or you make up your mind and leave the baby at day care and hope for the best.
Lol, you just wanted to attack me before you offered the same advise I gave to her grin grin grin

When things is about women, ladies think they are hated or condemned. In few cases, its not.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

True...

Very delicate to leave a 6 weeks old baby at a daycare. I hear folks do it these days. There are churches that run daycare centers that accept even very young babies... If she's well to do, she can hire a baby sitter. So it's either a day care center, a baby sitter, or she carries over one year.

But Mrphysics is correct, people should plan their babies and not just have them. I'm sure if she this discussion with her lover before the pregnancy, this thread wouldn't be necessary...So prepare,plan and act...Children should be treasured enough for us to prepare for them adequately...

No he isn't correct he misunderstood her post and jumped to judge her.

The deed has already been done people make mistakes, condoms burst and abortion isn't an easy choice.

She is only asking for advice to make the best out of her situation, the comment ain't necessary here.

4 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

@First bold sentence ---- Op is a student, she have expressed herself, and she rightly pointed out in the bracket that she is single. She wasn't talking about any father or husband.

@Second bold sentence----You are trying to bring gender into this. No one attached gender issue here. Just like you will condemn an action irrespective of the gender, same way people are doing here. Please, kindly respond accordingly.

Lastly, you didn't seem to offer her any advise rather, you tried interpreting what she wrote. It seems like its the same person using different moniker.

What's the point of your first paragraph? Why stating the obvious

No one attached gender yet you went on tirade shaming her and ended with calling her reckless.
Didn't you make this statement?
mrphysics:

Yet not a word for the person who impregnated her.
Please tell another lie,

There was no people condemning anything in the first place, everyone came and tried to give her a suggestion but you had to come and preach, did she tell you she doesn't know all those things?
Like I said try and stick to the topic.

The same way you tried interpreting what she said which made you think she had a kid already with a baby on the way, I guess that makes you the same person as the op but with a different moniker undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

First my brother work is fine. Today is Friday, I just have to take some time and relax while still do my job since its like a research work. The work is related to what I do in freelancing only that its tilted towards project management. All in all, the analytical thinking skill is always appreciated by my Manager. lol

I am still young bro. Graduated 2015, finished service April 2017. I was on fiverr May 2017. I will be sending a PM right away, I could invest in skril if you can guide me. My brain seems to forsake me these days. I love quantum mechanics so much. Tried proving the periodic table wrong. B the separation of fullerene into graphene in 2010, it was discovered that diamond isn't the strongest known substance rather graphene. And that graphene from where carbon comes is a great conductor, it conducts even more than aluminium. So why would carbon be a non conductor in the periodic table? Even when pencil lead conducts. Pencil lead is a sheet of graphene. That was where I did my Project (Nanotechnology).

To the post, Most physicists tend to think better than others. Its a fact and you must appreciate how they reason

Did i hear you say Skrill? These guys keep freezing/restricting accounts for no just cause...Please stay away from Skrill.. I have funds in three accounts that are frozen at the moment, trying to pull them out..Don't go into Skrill..

Wow @ 2015, you're young and smart, your I.Q. is way off the chart. I respect intelligence as a fellow scientist, for me, i respect few things, God, Science and Humanity, in these corresponding order.

Quantum Physics is bae... Though i plan to retire in some years from work full time and chase a path towards educating the younger generation on secular and Christianity issue, i don't think quantum physics can easily leave me..Thinking of having a lab when i retire for studies...Physics, Engineering and Chemistry's my forte...

True @ graphene and not diamond, but these allotropes are not far from each other. Because of the composition and the process graphene formation undergoes, mehn, it's super conductivity is something else...You've turned me on brov, yeah @ pencil is a sheet of graphene. Then what are we the young generation gonna do about it ? Pencil doesn't require tedious precision engineering for its production. We need to all chill and stop playing the FG and put on our gloves and boots and start digging...

Best Physics/Chemisrty student back in my days, i can relate at we think differently...I remember telling my peers how it required the exact same amount of energy to shoot a nylon( polythene) and a heavy object like a big house outside the earth's orbit back in the days, and the whole class paused, the teacher paused, we examined Newton's third law of motion, and after a thorough studies, i was found to be correct. This country messed up, we the engineers, chemists, physicists, biochemists, geologists need to do something for the next generation...We all need to do something..

I run a freelancing think-tank, and can relate with research too..

Yes, you may PM me...
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

True...

Giving children who is our hope the best is what I always pray and aim for. Having a kid isn't wrong. I can't imagine what she is currently passing through. It hurts and I offered her advise. It is even best she take the child to class than leave her in daycare homes. All the baby needs is good breastfeeding and motherly care at this time. Its definitely going to affect her in school, I had such people during undergraduate days and we all helped out. grin grin grin
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

No one is trying to be judgemental. I offered her an advise before writing on. No one judged any here.
@ the bold, I got that now.

Like I said, it wasn't all connecting.

The advice you offered did not tally with her post. you assumed she is worried about her child missing school.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

No he isn't correct he misunderstood her post and jumped to judge her.

The deed has already been done people make mistakes, condoms burst and abortion isn't an easy choice.

She is only asking for advice to make the best out of her situation, the comment ain't necessary here.

Okay ma.

I advice her not to drop school, many times people drop education, they don't return easily...that's if they do

so, it's

1. Daycare

2. Baby Sitter

3. She drops education for one year

4. She drops the baby with her mum

5. She drops the child with family

6. Her friend take turns in watching over the baby

2 Likes

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Daeylar:

What's the point of your first paragraph? Why stating the obvious

No one attached gender yet you went on tirade shaming her and ended with calling her reckless.
Didn't you make this statement?

Yet not a word for the person who impregnated her.
Please tell another lie,

There was no people condemning anything in the first place, everyone came and tried to give her a suggestion but you had to come and preach, did she tell you she doesn't know all those things?
Like I said try and stick to the topic.

The same way you tried interpreting what she said which made you think she had a kid already with a baby on the way, I guess that makes you the same person as the op but with a different moniker undecided
Thank you for your time. I don't do those gender fight. Thanks for pointing out the correction and I have taken note of it. Again, I am most grateful
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Daeylar(f): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Thank you for your time. I don't do those gender fight. Thanks for pointing out the correction and I have taken note of it. Again, I am most grateful

You're welcome next time don't rush to be judgemental.

Op, what about your mum? cry I really don't know what to say

1 Like

Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

The advice you offered did not tally with her post. you assumed she is worried about her child missing school.
Alright, lets not stress issues here though I didn't assume. I listed out three hard decisions she must take. You can't deny the fact that she is worried anyway.
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2017
mrphysics:

Giving children who is our hope the best is what I always pray and aim for. Having a kid isn't wrong. I can't imagine what she is currently passing through. It hurts and I offered her advise. It is even best she take the child to class than leave her in daycare homes. All the baby needs is good breastfeeding and motherly care at this time. Its definitely going to affect her in school, I had such people during undergraduate days and we all helped out. grin grin grin

Spoke with my mentor some weeks back. She pulled a grown man's ears ( me )... grin You must not give any girl belle, unless i see how you've planned and written out your marital life... grin grin grin grin grin She was serious, people need to plan so i agree with you. You've agreed to be lovers, why the rush? Is the sex rushing away? When plans are laid out, it's easy to see the details and work things out. She could have settled for a baby during her final year. Anyways, the deed is done..
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by mrphysics(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2017
Daeylar:

You're welcome next time don't be so judgemental.
I am not religious. It's not applicable to me. When I make comments, I don't attach religious inclinations to it. Why do most ladies see some advise as being judgmental. Did i tell her how hard her future is going to be? Did I tell her negative stuffs relating the end from the beginning?

You guys have used the word 'judgmental' till everything becomes judgment to you guys
Re: Advice: 6weeks Old Baby In Daycare by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Okay ma.

I advice her not to drop school, many times people drop education, they don't return easily...that's if they do

so, it's

1. Daycare

2. Baby Sitter

3. She drops education for one year

4. She drops the baby with her mum

5.She drops the child with family

You are correct. Also I don't know how smart she is academically because a friend of mine was able to do the two, she stayed at home cared for her child, collected notes from classmates and read. She resumed for exams and did better than those that didn't have all that responsibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Viral Photo - Angry Father Disciplines Daughter For Lying About Her Age & Dating / Punishment For Stubborn African Kids (pics) / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.