Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism (536 Views)

Atheists And Atheism / Deism And Atheism Are The Different Sides Of The Same Wrong Coin. / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism by lekbel09(m): 11:16am On Oct 06, 2017
The bible says in 2 Timothy 2 vs 23-27 that christians shouldnt argue with people who oppose themselves so its very sad when i see so called christians arguing with people. When you preach to someone and the person refuses to acknowledge the glaring truth please do not waste valuable time arguing with such persons just walk away.

2 Likes

Re: Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism by budaatum: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2017
lekbel09:
The bible says in 2 Timothy 2 vs 23-27 that christians shouldnt argue with people who oppose themselves so its very sad when i see so called christians arguing with people. When you preach to someone and the person refuses to acknowledge the glaring truth please do not waste valuable time arguing with such persons just walk away.

Hopefully, no one is preaching to anyone. Some are really attempting to understand how others reason, though I can't say I don't see what you mean.

It is shear arrogance to preach to others, is my opinion. The assumption of the preacher is that one needs savings and they, the preacher, is one's saviour, even though they hide this fact behind some Messiah they have only read about. If only they would remove the mote from their own eyes!

Intelligent people would reason with one another, and if they cannot resolve their differences, at the very least, understand what has been said. But, as you stated, we try to convert others and hence is the preaching.

But, however. Whether there is a God or not, it cannot but be pleasing. In the arguing, whether one likes it or not, even regarding those who make claims they have no evidence for, I tell you, people do not remain ignorant once they have been here. And hence, the 'God's' work is done.
Re: Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism by tartar9(m): 5:07am On Oct 07, 2017
What did you just call glaring truth undecided

1 Like

Re: Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2017
lekbel09:
The bolded claim is why this argument is prolonged... And the audacity to refer to people who can't see what you call "glaring truth" as a waste of time is sheer arrogancy.

The only way this arguments will end is when you and your likes present your position as believes and not as if they are verifiable facts. It will be much better to admit that the your claims are unverifiable, or unprovable; but you believe anyway. There will be no need for arguments, it will be unnecessary, since beliefs are not facts In the first place.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Stopping Arguments Between Christianty And Atheism by An2elect2(f): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2017
lekbel09:
God bless. Casting pearls before swines seems to be a full time job for some.
Could be for good tho!

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Please Tell Me The BEGINNING Of BEGINNING Of This World / Naija Pastors Again: Checkout Receipt "For Deliverance Fee" Paid To A Church / The Virtues Of Divorce In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.