Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) (1927 Views)

New Face Of Abeokuta City Centre (Photos) / Lekki Conservation Centre - Journey To The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa / Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) by D2730(f): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2017
If you're looking for where to visit in Lagos this weekend for a little adventure, head to lekki conservation centre.

I was there recently for the first time and did the canopy walk which was such a memorable experience.
They put us in a small group with a tour guide after payment. On getting to the canopy walkway, I stopped to take some photos and the others in the group left me and continued.

They were with the tour guide too so, I had to climb the first level alone (there are 7!). I didn’t know what to feel the moment I started the walk. Being alone made it kind of easy as there was no other weight to sway the canopy more than the wind was already doing. I was scared the wind will carry me away at some point, I couldn't look down or sideways, lol

At the topmost level on the canopy walkway, you can see a beach. I’m not sure which beach it is but the view from the top looks good.

Some Things To Know About Lekki Conservation Centre

Open between 8.30am – 5.00pm daily including weekends and public holidays.
The canopy walkway is reputed to be the longest canopy walkway in Africa. 401 meters long, 0.6 meters wide and suspended 22.5 feet above ground level.
The area covers 2km, offering nature walks , huts, floor games and swamp look out areas.
There are fish ponds with koi and tilapia fish, barbecue joints and more.
Admission into the conservation center is 1000 naira per adult, 200 naira per child 1-10years old and 300 naira for 11-17 year olds.
Use of the canopy walkway costs an additional 1000 naira for ages 14-65 year olds per head.
Group visits of 30 individuals costs 25,000 naira. (Prices current as of September 2017)

Tips

Go when there’s little or no sun to properly enjoy walking about.
Leave your camera with a guide if possible (show him how to use it if need be), you’ll get better and more photos this way.
Leave unnecessary baggage behind especially if you're going to do the canopy walk
Wear comfortable footwear.
Go with at least 1 friend for laughs. Interact with people you meet there.

Source: http://www.modavracha.com/2017/09/lekki-conservation-centre.html (more photos)

Re: My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) by DonEd(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice. Thanks for the tip.
Re: My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) by sinaj(f): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2017
Only you issay fine gelz smiley
Re: My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) by gbzed(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2017
Ur mama born u well

Issa fine girl
Re: My Trip To Lekki Conservation Centre (photos) by aminho(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2017
how can i slide into your Dm

(1) (Reply)

Choosing Between America And Europe Countries / My Travel Hub / Inside The World's First Glass Underwater Hotel Suite At Conrad Maldives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.