Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US (42899 Views)

Boy Who Went Viral At The Aba Fashion Week 2023 Becomes Adidas Ambassador (Pics) / Pictures From Aba Fashion Week 2021 / Pictures From Aba Fashion Week 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by heendrix(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
well good to see but
no mara how hard dey try dem no fit preside over Nigeria. thanks
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by baddosky1: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
Afo*jas right now...

5 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cstr1000: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice.
Expand your horizons beyond the Nigerian shitt-hole.
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by talk2saintify(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
moving forward
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
Outstanding.
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cstr1000: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
heendrix:
well good to see but
no mara how hard dey try dem no fit preside over Nigeria. thanks
You have buhari and his northern gang for that. It is not like you have any influence to stop igbos from ruling anyway.
I was also hoping that you will tell your super-eagles not to include the south-east.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by lyntiffany(f): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
obaoyedotun:
So you mean to tell me this Gowns are made in Aba, how do they portray the culture and heritage of Aba people and igbos in general
so all these made in China shirts tops and jeans you buy are traditional attire of the Chinese? Abegi if one can showcase he is a grade A in making a fine piece for the world's satisfaction how much more your own traditional wear.

Biko gbado kwa ya there , ndi afo tara mmiri akaria.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by ivolt: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
obaoyedotun:
So you mean to tell me this Gowns are made in Aba, how do they portray the culture and heritage of Aba people and igbos in general

Not everything is "culture", in fact a nation's priority should be economics
not sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by lyntiffany(f): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
piperson:
That's a good one

They should focus on elevating their brand instead of recreating other product and misspelling their nomenclature e.g

Nika instead of Nike

Abibas instead of adidas

Gusi instead of Gucci
Sanel instead of Chanel

Etc
We will get there one step at a time i believe you sucked your mothers pumpkin first before you advanced into eating amala and ewedu.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cstr1000: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
ivolt:

Not everything is "culture", in fact a nations priority should be economics
not sentiments.
If it were strictly Igbo wares, it is still the same people that will tell you it has been biafralized .
You can never satisfy people.

8 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cstr1000: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
piperson:
That's a good one

They should focus on elevating their brand instead of recreating other product and misspelling their nomenclature e.g

Nika instead of Nike

Abibas instead of adidas

Gusi instead of Gucci
Sanel instead of Chanel

Etc
Go tell that to Chinese manufacturers exporting knock -offs to Nigeria.
And they have more nobel winners in science than the entire Africa combined.
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by AFONJACOW(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
my AFONJA friend will not like this

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by tickertop(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
All aba needs is power and good roads. Then watch and see the wonders of the world come out from this creative city
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by DieBuhari: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
Cladez:
See this man they are making products for people from every angle to use and not necessary igbos.......go and tell Gucci,paul smith,polo etc to make products specially for their use.

Haters would always disgrace themselves in public.They don't think before they comment due to that strong urge to hate.
You dey mind the Yoruba muslim?
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Money2000: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
Long Live IPOB!!!
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by farouk2much(m): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Una sabi this one and na him una wan kill una self for biafrra
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by cristianisraeli: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
waste of money...
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Aldebaran(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice..
IBO Made
grin grin grin
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by vRendoh(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
madridguy:
Who's holding you?

You forget your python dance so soon?
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by madridguy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Python dance?

vRendoh:

You forget your python dance so soon?
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by hilroy: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is all Aba got to show in a fashion show in NY. I am very very unimpressed.....

Making noise doesn't make you relevant, it is your content and quality that do

For the dirty pigs that are going to quote me, google Folake Folarin-Coker (Tiffany Amber), Deola Sagoe, Ade Bakare, Frank Oshodi, Lola Faturoti, Lisa Folawiyo and Duro Oluwo. Each one of their fashion show is 100 times better than this eyesore displayed by the whole Aba

See some of their fashion show

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by masterP042(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
obaoyedotun:
We are trying to go global, aba wears isn't all about our own culture or heritage, it's about quality, design and creativity. We are trying to make it easy for anyone anywhere in the world to easily identify and welcome our products. That's what a global brand is
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Awoo88: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
The only problem with aba people is the type of leaders the Satan always put in charge to manage things.
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by masterP042(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
hilroy:
This is all Aba got to show in a fashion show in NY. I am very very unimpressed.....

Making noise doesn't make your relevant, it is your content and quality that do

For the dirty pigs that are going to quote me, google Folake Folarin-Coker (Tiffany Amber), Deola Sagoe, Ade Bakare, Frank Oshodi, Lola Faturoti, Lisa Folawiyo and Duro Oluwo. Each one of their fashion show is 100 times better than this eyesore displayed by the whole Aba

The question is, are they made in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by trueorfalse: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
Finstar:
This is the reason why the Afonjas won't not let the igbos go.. They are too valuable.. Quote me and see ogun thunder visit you.. tongue
must u b tribalistic. Mtcheww
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by Awoo88: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
hilroy:

Make better sense fall on you. How is the pictures you posted better than the ones from the op.
Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by trueorfalse: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
hilroy:

hate destroys the soul. Do let hate kill u

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by hilroy: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
Awoo88:

Make better sense fall on you. How is the pictures you posted better than the ones from the op.

Shussssh, you don't know anything about fashion show. Just go and sit down, and don't disgrace yourself on public forum

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by hilroy: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
trueorfalse:
hate destroys the soul. Dont let hate kill u

I'm not hating, I'm just unimpressed. If you wanna host a fashion show for made in aba at least try put some effort into the organisation, arrangements and quality of the content. If Lagos were to host a made in Lagos fashion show in NY and they come up with similar arrangement, I will also insult them. This is not hating, it is saying the obvious.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by trueorfalse: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
hilroy:

I'm not hating, I'm just unimpressed. If you wanna host a fashion show for made in aba at least try put some effort into the organisation, arrangements and quality of the content. If Lagos were to host a made in Lagos fashion show in NY and they come up with similar arrangement, I will also insult them. This is not hating, it is saying the obvious.
it the first n with time it will grow if sustained

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by shallysgirl: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
You had time to reply that thing. Those people are devil,am telling you.
Tommorow they will be the first to shout drug money, blood money bla bla. They are hateful, and always green with envy. Always out to scandalized and pull others down. Compliments can never come from them as far as it isn't their own. They always emit negative energy.you get their time.
Cladez:
See this man they are making products for people from every angle to use and not necessary igbos.......go and tell Gucci,paul smith,polo etc to make products specially for their use.

Haters would always disgrace themselves in public.They don't think before they comment due to that strong urge to hate.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Made-In-Aba Fashion Show In New York, US by shallysgirl: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2017
We're you there.? What was wrong with the organization and arrangements?
hilroy:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerian Women's Hairstyles Have Evolved Overtime / 4 Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / “I Have Never For Once Used Eyebrow Pencil In My Life” - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.