Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,784 members, 7,837,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform (1016 Views)

Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now / Microsoft Edge Browser Passes 1 Million Downloads On Google Play Store In 1 Week / Stable Version Of Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available For Android And Ios Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2017

In one of my previous posts, I made mention of the rumoured plan of Microsoft to port it's Edge Browser to Android and iOS platform. Now, it's no more a rumour as Microsoft has officially confirmed it's Edge browser is rolling out to both Android and iOS users.

The mobile version of the Microsoft Edge will now be available for Android and iOS users. One of the stand out features of the browser is the new "Continue on PC" option, it allows you to send the current page you are on to your desktop and, continue there. The option even has its own dedicated button next to the back, forward, and refresh ones.

The browser also comes with some features which are available on the windows version such as Reading View and Hub View, which is a collection of all your bookmarks, your reading list, your history, and your downloads.

And just like other major browsers like Chrome, Safari, the new Microsoft edge on mobile will allow you to sync data across different devices and platforms, but at the moment, this is only limited to favorites and reading list as support for passwords and Microsoft Store purchases will be available later on.

Note that the browser will first be available to just a few selected beta testers before the stable version will be rolled out to everyone. If you want to participate in the beta program, just click on the link below and sign up.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/10/microsoft-edge-browser-now-available-on-android-ios.html
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Naughtytboy: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
Iam missing those days u will be browsing and seeing the pointer arrow, where can I get such again
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Gucciboss: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
Wow! Finally I've been waiting for it
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
Naughtytboy:
Iam missing those days u will be browsing and seeing the pointer arrow, where can I get such again
Puffin browser
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Naughtytboy: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
Reediano:
Puffin browser
thanks
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2017
Naughtytboy:
thanks
uwc
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by tafat: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please has anyone tried this new browser on any tecno phones?
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
tafat:
Please has anyone tried this new browser on any tecno phones?
you cAN be the first grin
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
It's gonna be tough for Edge to topple Chrome or Safari (especially Chrome) as your default browser, There's no way you wouldn't love chrome (damn! that browser is almost too good).

However, if you're a fan of anything Microsoft (and, err, Windows), then Edge should be able to do fine as a chrome or Safari (or any other browser) substitute. But I can imagine Edge being that girl you'd stick with even when you have the chance to befriend curvier, more beautiful ladies out there.

I'd like to be that kind of guy.
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
adeboyewareez:
It's gonna be tough for Edge to topple Chrome or Safari (especially Chrome) as your default browser, There's no way you wouldn't love chrome (damn! that browser is almost too good).

However, if you're a fan of anything Microsoft (and, err, Windows), then Edge should be able to do fine as a chrome or Safari (or any other browser) substitute. But I can imagine Edge being that girl you'd stick with even when you have the chance to befriend curvier, more beautiful ladies out there.

I'd like to be that kind of guy.
chrome is good but consumes more data and ram.
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Reediano:
chrome is good but consumes more data and ram.
True.

But if we're talking top-notch productivity on the web, Chrome is still bae.
Re: Microsoft Edge Browser Now Available On Android And Ios Platform by Reediano(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
adeboyewareez:

True.

But if we're talking top-notch productivity on the web, Chrome is still bae.
sure

(1) (Reply)

I Phone 6s Plus For Just 170k! / What Can 75k Get Me? / The Jumia #10,500 Giveway Voucher Is Real And Some Are Fake Checkout.. Proof...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.