Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? (632 Views)

Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke? / Is Glo 3g In Benin City / Zinox: First Computer Manufacturers In Nigeria, Really? (2) (3) (4)

Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? by v3: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2010
Since the GSM networks came into Nigeria, there's been competition to stake a claim for "most used network this,highest number of subscribers that" here & there. Now with the emergence of 3/3.5G (make i no call 4G sef), one has to ask. . . Is 3G (i'd love to put 2G) in Nigeria REALLY what its meant to be?

I was in Ghana for some weeks and over there, the 3G experience is mind-blowing. . i could boast of reaching speeds of 800kbps (on connecting in a remote location) to 2-7/3mbps!

So i decided to buy a Zain 3G modem(when i came back), ONLY to find out that i needed a 3G sim to enjoy 3G services? shocked shocked

I switched to MTN, then i realised all i had was a 50mb bundle that i have to use up in 24 hrs? with embarrassing speeds (even though i live close to an mtn-owned mast) shocked shocked

This is bulls*h*i*t
Re: Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? by skymax: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
Bro, you aint seen nothing yet, all these 3g/3.5 providers are rip offs. not much difference from gprs/edge
Re: Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? by obinna5000(m): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
skymax:

Bro, you aint seen nothing yet, all these 3g/3.5 providers are rip offs. not much difference from gprs/edge
All these ISPs in Nigeria are pure money suckers and rip offs.
I don't think the 3G or 3.5G technology is fully deployed.
Re: Is 3g In Nigeria Really It? by Dokki: 2:35am On Mar 11, 2010
I am sure using your modem beats the hell out sitting in one of those stinky "cyba kafs" waiting for yahoo to load.
this was not available 5 - 10 years ago so i am sure sooner or late the tech has to improve, i am sure it didn't happen overnite in Ghana either.
You also need to be aware of false advertizing in NGR - we are good at this, i remember pulling my hair out trying to "blazing fast starcomms" a while back, ogba suru,

D

Pls Help! My Laptop Screen Went Off After Upgrading It With Window Xp 2008pack3 / Can Still Get An New Hp 530? / Free Website Design (offer Closes June 3rd)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9