Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop (760 Views)

Rating And Review: War: Wrath And Revenge / #bbnaija: Frodd & Ike Plot Love Revenge On Esther And Nelson (day 26) / What Is Your Most Epic Moment In Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
I think Pirates of The Caribbean film series has outlive its stay.

Honestly the fifth installment of this series is wack package compared to what they gave in previous films, though I have only seen 80 minutes of this movie but it's so effing boring I fear I can't complete the rest part.

The plot is not as interesting and captivating as I thought it would be and not as entertaining as its predecessors. The acting of the characters is just as bad.

I don't even want to talk about our dear captain JackSparrow, it seems the guy has lost his charisma and look as though he's tryna keep up his steam. His terrible acting is only surpassed by his god-awful accent.

And what's with sparrow always getting caught by the authorities and managing to escape at the last minute? They have pulled that stunt a couple of times. They should try a new thing.

William Turner's son and Carina aka witchlady are not much fun either.

Salazar is a menacing enough villain but I still prefer Davey Jones and Black Beard to him anyday anytime.

They tried to copy too much of the first film and spoilt this one. Waste of funds and time.

I must admit I was elated to see one of my favourite actor feature in it, who by the way is Bruce Spence (played First Wizard Zeddicus in Fantasy series Legend of the seeker), it's sad he didn't get much playtime to showcase his remarkable acting skills.

That said...
The bank robbery scene is easily the dumbest move of all.

I am sorry but Disney didn't do justice to this movie. It would have been better if they had dropped the project instead of spoiling the vibe for us.

Poor storyline. Bad accent. Ill-conceived characters. No depth. Soundtrack nkor? Felt like I was watching another movie.

With this, I am not sure they would embark on a sixth film seeing as the last film failed to meet expectations. If at all they do then they would have to convince me to see it.

#BringBackPoTC
#BringBackCaptainJackSparrow in all his swaggering glory.

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by obaataaokpaewu: 1:08am On Oct 08, 2017
I enjoyed the movie. Davy Jones will be featured in the 6th series
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by SenorFax(m): 5:03am On Oct 08, 2017
Well, am a big fan of POTC, probably one of their biggest fans for keeping the movie collection since the first part

You failed to mention the eye opening parts of the movie and the incredible story line portrayed In the movie (how the compass came into being, and why Barbossa never wanted the compass in other parts for the fear of his greatest treasure)

Capitan Salazar on the other hand is far more deadly than Davy Jones and Blackbeard put together (let's just leave it to that)

Jack sparrow's story shows he has always been smart and a psychopathic pirate of all time, plus he never loose his ascent, he just got more crazier after many years of his drinking habit to the point of loosing the compass

To make you feel better on the coming part, if you are used to all POTC movies on the last 4mins of the movies after the name and appreciations, there's always a short clip on what's coming in the next sequel (try and take a look), this looks like Davy Jones coming back, but I can bet on the Black Pearl that the Davy Jones-like creature entering the room is Barbossa based on the fact that he has the same beard as Davy Jones, one legged, had close rapol with all witches in the sequel (including Calipso which has returned back to the same sea Hector died), and he's also a pirate Lord. Yes, about all the broken curses, but who says new deals can't be made after then, and guess the master of secrets, deal making, manipulation and most cunning.... HECTOR BARBOSSA

Aye, POTC just got crazier,
In Jack's voice...... Sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow...... Savvy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by ubergold(m): 5:27am On Oct 08, 2017
Well, the box office record strongly disagrees with you. For a series that long, I think they did well to sustain viewers interest. The storyline could have been cliché but it wasn't bad at all.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by Immaculatesnow(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Jared77:
I think Pirates of The Caribbean film series has outlive its stay.

Honestly the fifth installment of this series is wack package compared to what they gave in previous films, though I have only seen 80 minutes of this movie but it's so effing boring I fear I can't complete the rest part.

The plot is not as interesting and captivating as I thought it would be and not as entertaining as its predecessors. The acting of the characters is just as bad.

I don't even want to talk about our dear captain JackSparrow, it seems the guy has lost his charisma and look as though he's tryna keep up his steam. His terrible acting is only surpassed by his god-awful accent.

And what's with sparrow always getting caught by the authorities and managing to escape at the last minute? They have pulled that stunt a couple of times. They should try a new thing.

William Turner's son and Carina aka witchlady are not much fun either.

Salazar is a menacing enough villain but I still prefer Davey Jones and Black Beard to him anyday anytime.

They tried to copy too much of the first film and spoilt this one. Waste of funds and time.

I must admit I was elated to see one of my favourite actor feature in it, who by the way is Bruce Spence (played First Wizard Zeddicus in Fantasy series Legend of the seeker), it's sad he didn't get much playtime to showcase his remarkable acting skills.

That said...
The bank robbery scene is easily the dumbest move of all.

I am sorry but Disney didn't do justice to this movie. It would have been better if they had dropped the project instead of spoiling the vibe for us.

Poor storyline. Bad accent. Ill-conceived characters. No depth. Soundtrack nkor? Felt like I was watching another movie.

With this, I am not sure they would embark on a sixth film seeing as the last film failed to meet expectations. If at all they do then they would have to convince me to see it.

#BringBackPoTC
#BringBackCaptainJackSparrow in all his swaggering glory.

if you know nothing about movies do your self a favour and never ever open a crappy tread like this crap, FYI this film grossed 795million in boxoffice on a budget of 229million$ and disney is making an estimated 200million$ in profits alone, so please grow your sense before ever opening a tread ever again.

1 Like

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by Namzy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Well the movies wasn't that Fantastic but won't call it a flop. It has some interesting scenes but me thinks it could have been better
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Is A Huge Flop by obonujoker(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
POTC a flop ke

6th will be better.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019... / #bbnaija: Cee-c Is More Matured Than Tobi, Yes/no / Bbnaija: Rico Tells Lolu He Doesn't Understand Khloe's Attention Towards Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.