Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders (1597 Views)

OLOWU OF OWU Kingship: Meet The Final 7 Candidates / Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies / Prof. Paul Okumagba Crowned As Orosuen Of Okere Urhobo Warri, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 5:24am On Oct 08, 2017
LONDON trained journalist and FBI (US) Merit Award winner, Prince Mitaire ‘Mimi’ Okumagba has joined the race for the contentious stool of Orosuen (king) of the Okere- Urhobo kingdom, Warri, Delta State.

Mimi, son of late Chief Michael Okumagba, former Controller (Easter Region) at the Central Bank, was among six candidates to participate in the expression of interest which closed September in renewed struggle for the Orosuen stool last occupied by acclaimed Chief Benjamin Okumagba who joined his ancestors in 2012.

Contenders in the race, Sunday Vanguard learnt, also include Prof. Paul Okumagba of the Delta State University, DELSU, Prince Handsome Olodi, son of the first Orosuen, Chief Emma Okumagba, Godwin Iyara and Prince Akpomedaye Okumagba, son of immediate past Orosuen.

In the timetable released by the Okere-Urhobo Council of Chiefs for the selection of the next Orosuen, kingmakers for the kingdom will meet on October 20th to pick one among the six interested candidates. The kingmakers’ choice will, on 21st October, be announced to the traditional council of chiefs who will present the Orosuen elect to the general populace the next day.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/okere-urhobo-kingship-mimi-okumagba-joins-race/
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 5:25am On Oct 08, 2017
cc:
fratermathy Sanchez01
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by onuwaje(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Sorry to interfere but have de sidelined the Ighogbadu Family?

Well not that i am interested anyways enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2017
onuwaje:
Sorry to interfere but have de sidelined the Ighogbadu Family?

Well not that i am interested anyways enjoy!

Ighogbadu family are no match to okumagba , I even know that Prof. Okumagba .. I wish them well
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by fratermathy(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2017
I wish them well. The kingmakers should be just so as to avoid division of the already small Okere-Urhobo kingdom! Urhoboland does not need more kingdoms at this point.

The Okumagbas have seized Okere-Warri for themselves cheesy grin. What happened to the Olodis and Ighogbadus?

It is well!
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by fratermathy(m): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2017
Efewestern:
cc:

fratermathy
Sanchez01

Lalasticlala
Opharhe
DBriteLitehouse
Nicho118
Scionofurhobo
Evestar2009

1 Like

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by sanandreas(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2017
The kingship have revolved round the okumagba dynasty. Let another royal family take over.

1 Like

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by fratermathy(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2017
sanandreas:
The kingship have revolved round the okumagba dynasty. Let another royal family take over.

Exactly my opinion too. We have to break free from any form of singularity or acts that may generate disaffection in the minds of others. The Okumagbas have held sway for over 100 years now. They should allow another family produce the Orosuen or even if they are to produce the king, they should make sure he is widely accepted, to avoid the controversy that came with HRH Late Benjamin Okumagba's coronation.
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by sanandreas(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
fratermathy:

Exactly my opinion too. We have to break free from any form of singularity or acts that may generate disaffection in the minds of others. The Okumagbas have held sway for over 100 years now. They should allow another family produce the Orosuen or even if they are to produce the king, they should make sure he is widely accepted, to avoid the controversy that came with HRH Late Benjamin Okumagba's coronation.

Fairness and justice should come to play here. I concur with you.
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by sanandreas(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Efewestern:

Ighogbadu family are no match to okumagba , I even know that Prof. Okumagba .. I wish them well

Prof okumagba is so strict. That dude drove over 500 students from Delsu for examination malpractice.

2 Likes

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
sanandreas:

Prof okumagba is so strict. That dude drove over 500 students from Delsu for examination malpractice.

i don't know if you know the other guy called ovositi.

if okumagba enters your hall and you are cheating then be ready to get caught.

as for the Kingship title, the okumagbas deserve it, their father fought for okere urhobo interest with all he had.

1 Like

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
cc:
seun lalasticlala
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Okere-Urhobo Kingdom is one of Urhobo kingdoms that is urbanized almost 100% and it is strategically positioned same as Uvwie kingdom.
As my fellow Urhobo Iniovo have said,the kingmakers should do the needful to see that the right and vocal king emerge.
In the spirit of fairness,I would have opined that another ruling home produce the Orosuen.Since the order of kingship is not domiciled in one family alone as in Ughelli kingdom.
Erhuvwu 're Urhobo o.
Urhobo mena Ovovuo.

2 Likes

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Efewestern: 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
DBriteLitehouse:
Okere-Urhobo Kingdom is one of Urhobo kingdoms that is urbanized almost 100% and it is strategically positioned same as Uvwie kingdom.
As my fellow Urhobo Iniovo have said,the kingmakers should do the needful to see that the right and vocal king emerge.
In the spirit of fairness,I would have opined that another ruling home produce the Orosuen.Since the order of kingship is not domiciled in one family alone as in Ughelli kingdom.
Erhuvwu 're Urhobo o.
Urhobo mena Ovovuo.

well said oniovo.

Not only in Ughelli, uvwie also practice the system you just mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by sanandreas(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Efewestern:

i don't know if you know the other guy called ovositi.

if okumagba enters your hall and you are cheating then be ready to get caught.

as for the Kingship title, the okumagbas deserve it, their father fought for okere urhobo interest with all he had.
There shouldn't be any arm tussle in the end. We are all one. The selection should be done in fairness and justice.
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Opharhe: 1:54am On Oct 09, 2017
Efewestern:

Is it about who or which is match for who or which? Maybe nobody has notably expressed interest from the Ighogbadu family, there are other families like the Oki family that I've not seen their members among the contestants.
Re: Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders by Opharhe: 2:01am On Oct 09, 2017
fratermathy:
I wish them well. The kingmakers should be just so as to avoid division of the already small Okere-Urhobo kingdom! Urhoboland does not need more kingdoms at this point.

The Okumagbas have seized Okere-Warri for themselves cheesy grin. What happened to the Olodis and Igbogbadus?

It is well!
Do you know If the Kingship has been or was established for the Olodi family(where Okumagba is a part) alone? Also, it may be that the royalty is yet to move away from the Olodis because the first Orosuen was also an Olodi descendant.

I don't want to believe the Okumagbas and by extention, the Olodis, have cornered the Orosuen stool the way we may want to think.

A new Orosuen is already overdue. I wish them well and pray they a good candidate who will not only be a true a and strong Okere-Urhobo leader but will promote Urhobo culture and interests within Warri and beyond is selected as King.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / Igbos Should Do Away With The Osu Caste System / A Brief Glance On History Of Hair Comb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.