Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? (11706 Views)

Video Of Nigerians Praying For A Faulty Transformer: Dino Melaye Reacts / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by jerrywill(m): 6:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Happy Sunday all,

I want to know, is it biblical to pray for the death of people(our enemies especially) knowing that the founder of christianity, Jesus, never did such. even his disciples didn't.

now, let's go over to them that use evil powers, Jesus, in his miracles, casts out the demons and destroys the powers behind evil people and not destroying them.

so how own prayer for people to die by fire, is it biblical?

7 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2017
It's not biblical

6 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by diportivo: 6:50am On Oct 08, 2017
enemies wey don ready to die by fire be looking at this thread like

3 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by hezy4real01(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2017
its not ooo, Anyway not in MFM sha
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by amnesty7: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2017
You have answered it by yourself: it's not. Those who constantly remind you about your fictitious enemies on the pulpit are only using psychology to tactically dupe you of your hard-earned money.

25 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Redoil: 7:00am On Oct 08, 2017
Some people deserve it
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2017
HELL NO
just a shameful thing to see how our Christianity has so degraded overtime..
Jesus told us to love and pray for our enemies.
Jesus admonished us that anyone who thinks or speaks evil against another is guilty of murder...

but our churches pray and fast for our enemies to die by fire, they go back to the old testament to talk of how Moses accusers were destroyed, and how Elisha destroyed the children that laughed at him
but fail to dwell on Jesus admonishment that we should turn the other cheek...that we should go the extra mile.
die by fire, die by fire, !!those are the echoes we hear wen we pass by churches...
I wonder how Jesus who mandated us to love selflessly will be ready to take our prayers to God and tell him to help us in killing and destroying our enemies.
Jesus spent his whole life preaching about love, even on the cross... but you come online to nairaland and you see the level of hate seething from people who claim to be Christian, followers of Christ. Christ whom on the cross told God to forgive us his Murderers.... but Xtians especially on this forum show some high level of hate toward other ethnicity and religion, and its always very despicable...

you can tell me to remove the log from my eye or u can examine urlife and that of Christ to see if really you are his/her follower..
but for me, i hv delivered my own sermon.

happy Sunday.
drops mic

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by frankmoney(m): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2017
No , except in some extreme cases then it's required I guess , I may be wrong though

2 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by bastien: 7:11am On Oct 08, 2017
E be like so
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Promismike(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2017
The old testament says suffer not a witch to live.

Then the new testament says pray for your enemies and those who persecute you.

And God said vengeance is of the lord.

My answer is yes and no. Pray as the spirit leads you. Knowing your scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by MadCow1: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
As long as you say "In Jesus name" at the end, YES it is Biblically Legal..

Example: "May thunder Fire that Pastor wey dey use loud speaker disturb me every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for my house In Jesus name.. Amen".

10 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Ezarazo(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
Well, I know I've seen a place in the bible that says "suffer not the witch to live" and I've also seen a place that says "pray for your enemies by doing so you are heaping a coal of fire on them" and I remember when growing up we used to say "may my enemies live long to see what I will be in future"

5 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by deprinceAO: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
pray for your enemies to repent not to die by fire cuz if Jesus Himself did same we wont be here today.

4 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by bastien: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
Redoil:
Some people deserve it
like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Uyi168: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2017
To those that will yes,dont forget,to some persons,u are an enemy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Truflame: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
I think the real enemy is not the peson, but the evil intent in the person. Therefore, when you pray, your prayer should be directed against the evil intent in the person, not the person per se.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
Went to d mountain to pray like with and d prayer point was death to family witches and wizards... Come see me praying with cane, flogging like no tomorrow.
Only to get home to d news that my cousin's mum died that same day in d village..... I no know whether na my prayer expire am sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by josephokoh(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Judolisco(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2017
Sometimes, meanwhile happy birthday to me

3 Likes

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2017
Any politician that is remotely respnsible for plunging Nigeria into this mess, by fire by thunder....die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die.... sad

Any Mod on nairaland that is bias, die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die by fire, die by fire..die by fire.die! tongue

Any President that is opposing the children of God and proscribing/ tagging them as terrorist, lol.what are you waiting for? Die die die die die die die die die ..
angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Jamiubond009(m): 7:16am On Oct 08, 2017
Clearly, religion has flourished as a brainwashing tool for gullible folks for centuries. Unfortunately,it does not look like it is going to release its hold on its followers any time soon.as long as the pastorpreneurs can keep their controlling hold on congregants by telling them stories about their village people tying their destinies, the preachers can be sure of money pouring into their church coffers, thereby enabling them to live their lavish lifestyles.Yes religion can bring order to this otherwise chaotic existence called life but it should not be taken as an absolute.It seeks to provide a soft landing to the inevitability that is death by telling you of a more worthwhile life after your demise but this cannot be substantiated as there is no empirical evidence to support this assertion.All religion is man made. GOD is not a Christian, Muslim or Buddhist and until people realise that they don't need to pray to one Jesus or Mohammed in order to flourish, they will continue wallowing in ignorance and subservience to these con men behind the pulpit. How many tithes mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren buffet,Jeff bezos, amancio Ortega dey pay? People need to wake up to this reality that giving ten percent of their sweat to these pastors will never make them rich. Go find a niche that can be a problem solver to the society at large and watch your networth increase exponentially. If you're not engaging in production of goods and services, you're going to lead a very mediocre existence . shouting and muttering unintelligible gibberish in the name of speaking in tongues will not make you an Aliko Dangote, trust me. Wake sheeple, the time is now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by hackman34: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2017
Not at all because Jesus said pray for your enemies and not for them to die.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2017
Still doesn't make sense. Jesus is an hypocrite. How can your God command you to love enemies who can harm you, enemies who can kill you, when he KILLS his own enemies, places CURSES on them, and even plans to burn them in hell for eternity even though they can't harm him.

You're to love enemies that CAN hurt you. Your God is to hate and punish enemies that CAN'T harm him. In what way does that make sense? One rule for him and another for you? Isn't it the quality of a leader to lead by EXAMPLE?

Jesus will burn a man who was compassionate all his life in hell for all eternity, because he didn't believe in Jesus. But he was so compassionate to demons that, instead of destroying them, he decided to drive them into INNOCENT PIGS. Would you do the same?

If you must obey every shiit he throws at you, why haven't you considered following this commandment:

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.

Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Matthew - 6:25

I guess that rules out school, dreams, and shopping.

Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart - Matthew 5:28

And just what is so terrible about admiring a woman's beauty? Do you also follow this teaching?

MODIFIED: "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the son." - John 5:22

"And Jesus said, For judgement I am come into this world." - John 9:39

Then.......

"I judge no man." - John 8:15

"I came not to judge the world, but to save the world." - John 12:47

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged." - Luke 6:37

As you can see, your Jesus is a walking, talking mass of contradictions! So, why take him seriously?

In the Gospels Jesus utters hardly a single sentiment which, apart from chastity, he does not violate ...

He has not one word of guidance in the great problems of social life because he believes that the world is coming to an end.

He is the archetype of the Puritans: scornful of all that is fair in life, bitter and unjust to those who differ from him, quite impracticable - nay foolish - in many of his counsels. It is absurd to say that our modern world has any use for Christ.
- Joseph McCabe [DID JESUS EVER LIVE?]
Tozara

1 Like

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by kullozone(m): 7:17am On Oct 08, 2017
I don't know, but I'd kill an enemy who's trying to kill me.
Funny people... Always arguing within themselves about the word of their god.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by UAE123(m): 7:17am On Oct 08, 2017
For me it is capital NO, because Jesus even asked us to pray for our enemies & love them. If the early Christian has prayed for their enemies especially Apostle Paul to die by fire I am very sure Christianity would not have spread the way Apostle Paul spread the Gospel after encountering Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2017
I rimemba my mom telling my very aged grandma to pray to God to take her. I thought it was heartless but when I saw why she said it, I felt it was necessary she prays that prayer. She's practically a baby now. She just pee, poo, and spit on the same spot and they smell so bad hunger could run from your belly

So I wanna ask if its wrong to do such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.