Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Does God Feel Pains? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Feel Pains? (839 Views)

How Does God Feel About Violence? / I Feel Pains In My Dreams. / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2017
Happy Sunday guys.
Well, this is one of the many questions I have been asking since my teenage years without a satisfying answer yet.

If God do feel pains, does that means he has a brain, heart and neurons that transmit information to feel pains and pleasure? If he can feel pains, how then will he eliminate pains in paradise/heaven when we finally get there? Is he planning to make us into some robots of a kind that won't die nor feel pains even though he could feel pains?

If he can't feel pains, then why is our actions or inactions able to hurt him so much so that he created the hell to judge our actions?

NOTE: Pains here include emotional pains or disappointment.
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GodsMopol: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2017
God has feelings

The Bible talks about pleasing God, the Bible talks about joy in heaven

The Bible talks about how it displeased God that He made Israel be a ruled by a King

Cain and Abel, God was pleased with the sacrifice of Abel

So, God has feelings

About Heaven

There shall be laughter in Heaven, but Paul said by the spirit, let every man take heed what he builds, for the time shall reveal it.

I will stop here
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
If he has feelings, does that also means he has a weakness? Does that also means that his pains may also have a threshold? How then does he plan on creating a world/heaven without pains when pains is one of his characteristics.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
A God technically cannot feel pain but can experience the illusion of pain. Pain itself is not real unless A God choose to experience it by participating in (example) a human experience where he/she/it can experience pain.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
If that be the case, it means God can't be hurt in any way, hence, why does our actions or inactions hurt him?

1 Like

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by Sebastine1606(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:
Happy Sunday guys.
Well, this is one of the many questions I have been asking since my teenage years without a satisfying answer yet.

If God do feel pains, does that means he has a brain, heart and neurons that transmit information to feel pains and pleasure? If he can feel pains, how then will he eliminate pains in paradise/heaven when we finally get there? Is he planning to make us into some robots of a kind that won't die nor feel pains even though he could feel pains?

If he can't feel pains, then why is our actions or inactions able to hurt him so much so that he created the hell to judge our actions?

NOTE: Pains here include emotional pains or disappointment.

God's kind of pain is the bolded for the human He created and doesn't want them to perish according to John :3-16
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
You are your God....your actions can only hurt yourself. Let's not forget this physical reality is not real. It's like playing Call of Duty and getting shot. It will seem like it hurts you even why it's only the character in that game will be affected. On a more advance level, we are God living like we are our body, which we ain't. Our true selves is HUGE and cannot be hurt by the silly things we do with this Avater.

1 Like

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ABBkelvin(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
ifenes:
You are your God....your actions can only hurt yourself. Let's not forget this physical reality is not real. It's like playing Call of Duty and getting shot. It will seem like it hurts you even why it's only the character in that game will be affected. On a more advance level, we are God living like we are our body, which we ain't. Our true selves is HUGE and cannot be hurt by the silly things we do with this Avater.
Why do we need to feel or not feel pain?
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sebastine1606:

God's kind of pain is the bolded for the human He created and doesn't want them to perish according to John :3-16

Does this means that the emotional pains experience by God has a threshold?
Emotional pains can be more deadly than physical pains sometimes. Don't you think this will be a weakness?
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
ABBkelvin:

Why do we need to feel or not feel pain?

Because it is a game. While in the game you can feel the emotions, end the game and everything becomes normal and a laugh. I personally feel sometimes pain is for personal development. The negatives ends up becoming positives
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ABBkelvin(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
ifenes:

Because it is a game. While in the game you can feel the emotions, end the game and everything becomes normal and a laugh. I personally feel sometimes pain is for personal development. The negatives ends up becoming positives
Why do living things need to involve themselves in the so called pain game? What is the purpose of experiencing good and bad?
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
ifenes:

You mean when someone sustains a knife injury and is bleeding, it's an illusion? I think I disagree with this notion sir.
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
ABBkelvin:

Why do living things need to involve themselves in the so called pain game? What is the purpose of experiencing good and bad?

When we learn to see life as a play, it won't come across as pain. Pain come as a result of reacting negatively to the unfavourable situations Your state of mind is all that is important regardless of what you go through. Family, jobs, money, poverty are part of the play. Play with life and understand that every thing you see around you are not real.

Negative situations are usually measure points of how strong you are. It shows you have taken the game to a higher level. The higher you go the more difficult. People facing hardship are usually Masters testing themselves with negative situation. The point of the game is not to get distracted from the pure energy bubble that we are. Some give up by committing suicide only to exist( die) and realise it is only a game. Some push forward and reach the next level. What ever the negative or positive situation is, it's all about hold tight to your true self. In the face of someone bribing you to do something negative and you thought to yourself you might use the cash for your rest....... This is a test you must understand is part of the game.

Those who play to survive will end up playing the game again, those who play with joy become masters. There are no good or bad, it's all down to our personal interpretations

1 Like

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:

You mean when someone sustains a knife injury and is bleeding, it's an illusion? I think I disagree with this notion sir.

Yes it is because at worst it will end that reality(life/body) but the real you lives on for eternity anyway. Illusions don't exist for ever, they fade as your shift in time. Time itself is an illusion.

1 Like

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by GuidoVanRossum: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
ifenes:

Yes it is because at worst it will end that reality(life/body) but the real you lives on for eternity anyway. Illusions don't exist for ever, they fade as your shift in time. Time itself is an illusion.

I think you've played so much games sir. Games are so different from reality.
If you say the current life is an illusion, you are telling me that when I kill a goat, eat and digest it into my system, it's just an illusion. No sir. Those are realities. They are as real as me replying this post.
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ABBkelvin(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
wink
ifenes:

When we learn to see life as a play, it won't come across as pain. Pain come as a result of reacting negatively to the unfavourable situations Your state of mind is all that is important regardless of what you go through. Family, jobs, money, poverty are part of the play. Play with life and understand that every thing you see around you are not real.

Negative situations are usually measure points of how strong you are. It shows you have taken the game to a higher level. The higher you go the more difficult. People facing hardship are usually Masters testing themselves with negative situation. The point of the game is not to get distracted from the pure energy bubble that we are. Some give up by committing suicide only to exist( die) and realise it is only a game. Some push forward and reach the next level. What ever the negative or positive situation is, it's all about hold tight to your true self. In the face of someone bribing you to do something negative and you thought to yourself you might use the cash for your rest....... This is a test you must understand is part of the game.

Those who play to survive will end up playing the game again, those who play with joy become masters. There are no good or bad, it's all down to our personal interpretations

Sir, my question still stand why do we need to play the game in the first place? Why should something be either negative or positive? Why do we need to have personal interpretation? Why is anything important? I mean infinity inclusive?
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ifenes(m): 12:02am On Oct 10, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:

I think you've played so much games sir. Games are so different from reality.
If you say the current life is an illusion, you are telling me that when I kill a goat, eat and digest it into my system, it's just an illusion. No sir. Those are realities. They are as real as me replying this post.

That is why they are called illusion. Illusions are very powerful, find out more about it and you will understand me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Does God Feel Pains? by Sebastine1606(m): 6:27am On Oct 10, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:

Does this means that the emotional pains experience by God has a threshold?
Emotional pains can be more deadly than physical pains sometimes. Don't you think this will be a weakness?

My God us not weak, pls brethren, do not be deceived, the world will come to an end very soon, people are dying and going to hell because of disobedience to word of God... Repent now that you stil have the time, don't say they have been saying it for long
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but the word of the Lord will not pass away, it will remain a standard
Amen
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2017
Ifenes is talking rubbish.

Because you answer questions with gaming analogy which is relatable to doesn't make your responses less of wishful thinking if you can't present proofs for all your claims. Anyone can cook up reasons for lives suffering but it doesn't make your claims true.
Re: Does God Feel Pains? by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Feb 25
GuidoVanRossum:
■ Happy Sunday guys. Well, this is one of the many questions I have been asking since my teenage years without a satisfying answer yet. If God do feel pains, does that means he has a brain, heart and neurons that transmit information to feel pains and pleasure? If he can feel pains, how then will he eliminate pains in paradise/heaven when we finally get there? Is he planning to make us into some robots of a kind that won't die nor feel pains even though he could feel pains? If he can't feel pains, then why is our actions or inactions able to hurt him so much so that he created the hell to judge our actions? NOTE: Pains here include emotional pains or disappointment.
God built your brain and the wiring that is your neural system by which you are able to think, sense, and even feel pain. He programmed it all and knows exactly what level of pain you are going through at any given point in time. But that does not make God your slave or one to answer to you and your whims. undecided

That God can understand and know your pain does not mean he has a brain and all the same neural networks that you do. A car maker can diagnose your car and tell you exactly what is wrong with it without having an engine in his body or being a car. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fr. MBAKA: Okorocha Scammed Catholic Church N50m (video) / Why Is There So Much Gossip In Churches / OFM@14 Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.