Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho (1856 Views)

No Nollywood Actress Makes Money Only From Acting- Rachel Lawani / Bruce Willis Is Retiring From Acting / Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by slimxclusive: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2017
Adewale Adeoye, popularly known as Elesho, is one of the veterans in the Yoruba movie industry, having been around for over 30 years.

However, observers would note that it has been quite a while since the sharp-tongued actor graced the silver screen.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, he gave his reasons:

“A lot of people have been asking me this question lately. If you notice, many of the people in my category that we started acting at the same time are no longer that vibrant in the industry. It is because we are afraid of the type of scripts that the children are churning out these days.

Even in my house, I cannot watch most of the films that are released nowadays because there is really nothing to learn from them. Many of the actresses don’t dress properly. And because we are not their parents, they don’t listen to us. You cannot expect people whose parents are not responsible to behave well.

You cannot see people whose parents are theatre practitioners, or those who actually trained for the job, behaving badly. Another major issue which is killing the industry is piracy. Many of us borrow money from banks just to shoot movies, and at the end of the day, we are not able to recoup our funds because of piracy.

There was a time I caught the person who pirated a particular movie of mine, and he threatened me that if I took him to the police station, he would come back for me.

He told me that he used to be an armed robber, and that it was when they killed his gang mates that he started piracy.

At that point, I had to let him go. The government really needs to do something urgently about piracy. If there are strong punitive measures for pirates, you would see that it would reduce drastically,” he said.

http://www.slimxclusive.com/2017/10/badly-dressed-girls-chased-me-away-from.html

cc; lalasticlala, seun

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by iamJ(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2017
I think its your face, people dont always say the truth at first

somebody ugly ooooo

1 Like

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Piracy is everywhere baba..
This thing cudnt be stopped. It happened all over the world..And those young ppol who dressed inappropriately, ita maybe bcoz of their roles...these young ppol nowadays, they will do everything juz to be on the limelight. cool

1 Like

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Tolexander: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2017
iamJ:
I think its your face, people dont always say the truth at first

somebody ugly ooooo
Which face?

Cos he is an albino?
Anything wrong in being melanin deficient?

We love watching his face, cos what he lacks in skin is so much abundant in his tongue.

Elesho, "enu ja wire"!
The man can yab anything.

12 Likes

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by iamJ(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
Which face?
he said badly dressed women chased him away, i said its his looks that chased him away

Television picture quality is getting higher every year people will notice his ugliness more

1 Like

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Tolexander: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2017
iamJ:
he said badly dressed women chased him away, i said its his looks that chased him away

Television picture quality is getting higher every year people will notice his ugliness more
If I may ask you sir?

Are you Yoruba or not?

If you are yoruba, how old are you and did you ever watch this man acting?

Cos everyone that watched this man's film, wouldn't be interested in his superficial or dermal look but what he had and wanted to say.

7 Likes

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by iamJ(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
If I may ask you sir?

Are you Yoruba or not?

If you are yoruba, how old are you and did you ever watch this man acting?

Cos everyone that watched this man's film, wouldn't be interested in his superficial or dermal look but what he had and wanted to say.
K so its only with yoruba blood that i would see beyond the obvious
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2017
he meant to say poorly hygiene of yoloba girls
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by thesicilian: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2017
If he really blames his excit on how girls dress, then he should have left Nigeria altogether.
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Sammmypoko(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2017
AWON MO TIKABODI
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by TikaBodi(f): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2017
Sammmypoko:
AWON MO TIKABODI
why u quote me?
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by TikaBodi(f): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2017
Sammmypoko:
AWON MO TIKABODI
why u quote me?
Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Tolexander: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2017
iamJ:

K so its only with yoruba blood that i would see beyond the obvious
Perception and knowledge are not by seeing along.

If you do more than seeing Elesho alone, you will know more than you can see about him.

1 Like

Re: Badly Dressed Girls Chased Me Away From Acting — Yoruba Actor Elesho by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
G

(1) (Reply)

Only People With Eagle Eyes Can See The Princess After Make-up Pix / Regina Daniels Celebrates As She Was Awarded Most Outstanding Student In School / Lol... See Shoe Worn By Ugandan President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.