Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? (2174 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out / How Important is Knock Sensor in your Automobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2017
So 2 days ago as I was leaving the house I tried using my windshield fluid on my Honda Pilot and no fluid was dispensed, the fluid for the rear windshield was fine though. So in my mind I thought the reservoir was low on fluid. After like 15km of driving my check engine light and VTM-4 light came on and I became worried, I hate when those lights come on. When I got home I hooked a scanner and got p0325 knock senor circuit malfunction. Then went several Honda Pilot forums and found out it is a common problem.. those knock sensor wires are always eaten by rats. Wtf. I know I have been seeing some big rats come into the compound lately. So I opened my hood and found some rat droppings on my battery. I also found out they have eaten my wiper fluid hose which was why I couldn't get fluid dispensed. I couldn't locate the knock sensor so I drove to my mechanic. He told me the knock sensor was bad but I said no that I am sure the wire was eaten up by rats as there are loads of complaints about this same thing online.

Anyway he decided to check and lo and behold the wire has been chewed off my rats. Now I need to get a new knock sensor wires.. thank God it is not an expensive fix. Ironically my mechanic also had a pilot he was working on with the same vtm4 light on. We decided to check and to my surprise the knock sensor wire has also been chewed off by rats. My question is do Honda add some sweet coatings to these wires that attract rodents. What measures can me done to avoid this issue repeating itself? Will wrapping take around the new wire make any difference?

Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2017
see

Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by kingreign(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2017
Fumigate your environment.
Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by Lovetinz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Adopt a Cat.
Always put its evening snacks under your car.

Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lovetinz:
Adopt a Cat.
Always put its evening snacks under your car.

Hmm, not a bad idea
Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by OPUSDEI1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Based on my own experience, I will say that your case is not peculiar to Honda Pilot, rather a common issue with similar shaped V6 engines. This is due to the fact that the location of knock sensors on those engines constitutes a comfortable apartment for rodents.
Find a way to keep them away from your vehicle as they will likely chew up other harnesses.
Re: What's With Rodents And Knock Sensor Wire On Honda Cars? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
Based on my own experience, I will say that your case is not peculiar to Honda Pilot, rather a common issue with similar shaped V6 engines. This is due to the fact that the location of knock sensors on those engines constitutes a comfortable apartment for rodents.
Find a way to keep them away from your vehicle as they will likely chew up other harnesses.

So they have turned my car to their master bedroom. It's ok I'm doing something about it.

(1) (Reply)

Choice Between Camry 95 For 320k And Honda Bulldog 97 For 320k / Professional Course For Car "Rewire" Or Electronics Apprentice / GAZZUZZ, Pls Assist Wit Honda 99 Transmission Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.