Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole (1280 Views)

If You Can’t Avoid A Pothole: What’s The Best Way To Drive Through One? / My Car Hit A Big Pothole And The Gearbox Bottom Plate Got Broken / This Pothole Patching Machine Takes Three Minutes To Fill A Pothole (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by AutoJoshNG: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2017
In Nigeria, we pay government for neglected roads and potholes as LASTMA, Police and other traffic agencies could arrest you when your car breaks down... the sad part is, you'll have to pay to bail yourself and your car. You may also need to settle Agbero. 

However, it's a different case in the UK where a single person sued the Somerset County Council for £1.8m and he got compensated because the government neglected a road which led to potholes. 

In the UK, it is a common trend for the citizens to sue the government if the roads are bad.. and the amount of compensation has been on a constant rise. Somerset County paid £170,000 to 28 claimants in 2014 to 2015, almost £900,000 to 33 claimants in the following year and £2.1m was paid in 31 compensation claims in 2016 to 2017 with £1.8m of it going to just one person.

Somerset County Gazette revealed the most common claim for compensation was for potholes, followed by drains and gullies and then "erosion of road".

The lowest compensation was £11.99 for "damage to clothing caused by overgrown fruit plant that were not maintained".

Can you sue Nigerian government for such and win?

https://autojosh.com/uk-citizen-receives-n860-million-compensation-government-due-pothole/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by Joephat(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2017
jubril of Sudanese will travel to this place for relaxation and still come back to give war threats and collate $29b for his cabals

our real terrorist is jubril and ....

3 Likes

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by madridguy(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2017
tongue tongue
Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by madridguy(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Mr man you're too young to develop hypertension. grin grin

Joephat:
jubril of Sudanese will travel to this place for relaxation and still come back to give war threats and collate $29b for his cabals

our real terrorist is jubril and ....

1 Like

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by haywire07(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2017
I can't even comment .
I'm still weak from the 4months ban.

A f.ool called someone a bastard and I told the f.ool he was a bastard instead.

The silly mods took sides and handed me a 4month ban while the person that insulted first wasn't banned.

I'm not even a new member but probably because the other guy was more active and spreads his stupidity all over each thread, he was pardoned .

It's injustice and it hurts me!

Paapi_kush you are still a bastard for calling another person a bastard when he did nothing wrong to u

1 Like

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2017
How much can Nigerians get for all this?

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by aboyaji(m): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
That's where the government is active and have mutual understanding with the citizens of the country.

Waiting for our naija government to compensate me.

Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mehn. cry
I will not cry
Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by Jakumo(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
PaperLace:
How much can Nigerians get for all this?

This one na MAJOR question, but na only Papa God go fiti know the amount when Gofmet dem suppose pay we as compensation, for that jagga-jagga road when full all this this picture dem.
Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by BestySam(m): 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
Time to sue Rochas grin
Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by ProDNA: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
For reliable paternity DNA test, please click on my username and check my signature for our contact numbers and office addresses.
Re: A UK Citizen Receives N860 Million Compensation From Government Due To Pothole by Stylz69(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Then one stupid VIO will stop me and ask me for my Road Worthiness Certificate. I have stopped taking my car for inspection to get the certificate because the roads aren’t even worthy of my car! I tell them I’ll get my car tested when they repair the roads!

(1) (Reply)

Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? / After Market Ambulance/police Front Grille Lights, Are They Legal? / Ford Edge 2013 Limited Edition For Sale (sound And Neat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.