Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment (2243 Views)

Power Back Up Solutions -inverters/solar Panels -installmental Payment Available / IPAD - Installmental Payment / I Need A Laptop With Good Installmental Payment Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by funso77(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2007
Please i need a lpatop on hire purchase / installmental payment procedure. if you're kind enough to offer a brother a helping hand please do contact me on 08028643752 or ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com. all procedures and recommnedations will be taken care of. i am not a 419, i just need help thats all.the society is so corrupt now i have to mention that. thanks.
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by babasin(m): 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2007
@funso77,

what do you need the laptop for?

Lots of Naija always ask for latest laptop which is then under utilized; this is capacity problem.

I could help you, if you awser
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by funso77(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2007
@ babasin,

i should thank you in advance for this great help. Well you are right about the under utilization of Nigerians in demanding for Laptops but my own case is very much different. Firstly, i just concluded my training in Oracle 10g at NIIT, Victoria Island branch and i have been surfing the Net for materials, tutorials on Databases and programming languages all stored in my workplace Desktop. So many times, my MD has complained about using the office resources for my personal business and therefore threatened on so many occassions also. I need a station of my own to afford me the convenience and time to progress in my chosen career. That's why i need a Laptop with a 60 - 80 GB Hard drive to support my Database Software applications (Oracle & SQL) and all other materials at my disposal. I was at APTECH Computer Education, Surulere between 2003 - 2005 but i could not complete my training because of the stress at work but wish to develop the knowledge i have in SQL 2000, Web Design, Visual Basic, Logic Building with C, DHTML, Javascript amongst a few.

Secondly, i need a Laptop with at least 512MB Memory. The Oracle Software performs better with this minimum requirement and since i will be dealing with different software ranging from Databases, Microsoft Suite (2003), Desktop Publishing Applications, Web Design Tools and much more, i need a 512MB - 1GB of Memory.

For smooth performance and long battery life for everyday work, i need a 1.73GHz Pentium M Processor or a 1.4GHz Celeron or an Intel Duo Core Pentium IV Processor.

A 17" screen wide with a 64MB or 128MB of dedicated video RAM, or VRAM, in order to drive external monitors for presentations because i want to make sure the memory is dedicated for graphic use, rather than pull from main memory. So am looking for advanced 3D graphics chips, such as nVidia's GeForce Go 6800 Ultra, and 256MB of dedicated graphics memory to support my graphics, Web Design, Presentations and others.

The Laptop should come with in-built Wireless PCI Card for wireless connection.

This forms the basis why am requesting personally for a Laptop as urgent as possible and i believe that as stated above, i know what am doing and definitely what i need what am demanding for to the best of my knowledge. Please a way that you can, kindly render your helping hands, God Bless. Look forward to your reply soonest. Thanks once again.
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by babasin(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2007
@funs077,
Ok, I could help but first my suggestion;

1. Oracle is just a server sitting there waiting for client connectivity. I would suggest you have a powerful desktop(mimum 1024MB), which should be easy/cheap in Naija and install your oracle server + MS SQL on it.(N40,000) note you dont need monitor as you can remote from your laptop to console

2. Get a lower specs laptop(N40,000) for your webdesign, visual basic + install oracle client on it etc

3. You will have truly client-server architecture; which mimics real production system(except no mid-tier) and can test out your application

The laptop you stated below would not be less than N150,000 to buy.

Above is similar advice, I suggested to my brother studying in the university.

I could get at N40K:1000MHz Intel Pentium III, 14.1" XGA TFT Display, 256 MB SDRAM with 133 MHz Systembus, 20 GB Harddisk, 8xDVD-ROM.
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by xsay(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2007
hi babasin i also need a laptop on hire purchase / install mental payment procedure can u help.
am into Forex trading and like to have a laptop then using public Pc.
Location Delta state.
i don't know if u still have the Intel Pentium III 14.1" XGA TFT Display, 256 MB SDRAM with 133 MHz Systembus, 20 GB Hard disk, 8xDVD-ROM. Available?
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by pappy2000: 5:59am On May 31, 2009
i have a p3 with 40g hd and 256 ram for 25k.call me on 008027833962 or bomodara@gmail.com
Re: Laptop Needed On Installmental Payment by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
A used laptop is always a risk.
A laptop that you can buy today and be dead tomorrow.
Ccomputers, how many days warranty comes with the laptop?

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Ipad 4 32GB Wifi(colour:white)for Sale In Abuja @90k SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD / School Chalk Making Machine In Nigeria. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.