Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,072 members, 7,838,710 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Why Are Some Christians Poor? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Christians Poor? (9056 Views)

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by TV01(m): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2007
knowitall:

tv i feel for you. you're left to debate with 4th graders. undecided

No probs 0 jare. I'm lonsuffering like my Heavenly Father  grin!
Having said that, these MOGS have some of Nigeria's finest brains buying into their hocus-pocus  angry.

tlops:

I donot need an MOG for that, just my practical application of the word of God.

Tlops dude, how far with that mountain?

And I'm still waiting for the name of that MOG so's I can blacklist him/her!!

Awaiting your report.

Thanx again.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by 9ja4eva: 4:32am On Mar 14, 2007
I c
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 10, 2007
Except you understand something, you will criticize what you don't understand
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by 9ja4eva: 6:38am On May 12, 2007
Killed it
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Lizt(f): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2008
some are poor because the only scripture they have meditated all thr life is it will be easier 4 a camel to pass through the eyes of a needle than 4 a rich man to make heaven, while others its their mind set. been poor or rich is a choice and a mind set.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Cayon(f): 1:46am On Aug 23, 2008
@lazarus:

God bless givers for one among many reason that is He knows that that person will give back more later. Some people just go by meeting ends but if you want to God to take care of you financially, you have to give back His money that is through tithing. In the Bible, it is commanded for God's people to tithe (a tenth of income).

Also, remember Jesus was poor and humble and became a "SUPER STAR." I think if we sincerely walk in His footsteps, we too can overcome our "Poverty lives". . . . . . are we?

Peace
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by TPS360: 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2008
because they refuse/fail to do their own part, being succceful goes beyond praying only , u gotta work, prayer without work/action is nothing, God aint gonna come down from heaven,
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Thor(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2008
Religion has nothing to do with whether you are poor or not undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Gamine(f): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2008
Please.

Poverty has nothing to do with Christianity

Jesus Came to save LIVES!!

not pockets!

If you no work, you no go eat!

SIMPLE!
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by madamkoko: 4:23am On Aug 25, 2008
Christians are poor because they have been brainwashed.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Pepeye(f): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2008
Simple Christians are impoverished because they lack knowledge, it is written, My people (God’s people) are destroyed (perish) for lack of knowledge Hosea 4-6

GALATIANS 4-1
Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is Master of all

Wisdom is the principle thing , Therefore get wisdom
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by detruth: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2008
@poster
Lack of knowlegde!
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Lady2(f): 4:56am On Aug 26, 2008
Quite frankly, a christian is not to strive for the riches of this world, but for holiness.
All that a Christian does is to be for the glory of God.
Christians have always misunderstood that the riches Christ was poor for are earthly riches. God's kingdom is not of this world. A Christian's riches are not here on earth. That is not to say that a Christian must be dying of poverty.
But we are to be content with what we have and work hard to survive.

My kind of rich as a Christian may be different from another Christian's kind of rich. While others may be "sowing" for the riches of the earth, i sow for the riches of heaven.

If we stop having 'big eye' and searching for more than is meant for us, we will all be rich.

Happiness doesn't come from big cars or big houses or plenty of clothes. Happiness comes from contentment with what you have. If you see what you have as a blessing, you will be rich.

But a lot of Christians are too superficial.

I pray a lot of pastors will stop preying on the ignorance of a lot of Christians. I pray that they will stop misinterpreting the Bible for their benefits.
But I know that they shall be rewarded for their work.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by dgratrock: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2008
~Lady~:

Quite frankly, a christian is not to strive for the riches of this world, but for holiness.
All that a Christian does is to be for the glory of God.
Christians have always misunderstood that the riches Christ was poor for are earthly riches. God's kingdom is not of this world. A Christian's riches are not here on earth. That is not to say that a Christian must be dying of poverty.
But we are to be content with what we have and work hard to survive.

My kind of rich as a Christian may be different from another Christian's kind of rich. While others may be "sowing" for the riches of the earth, i sow for the riches of heaven.

If we stop having 'big eye' and searching for more than is meant for us, we will all be rich.

Happiness doesn't come from big cars or big houses or plenty of clothes. Happiness comes from contentment with what you have. If you see what you have as a blessing, you will be rich.

But a lot of Christians are too superficial.

I pray a lot of pastors will stop preying on the ignorance of a lot of Christians. I pray that they will stop misinterpreting the Bible for their benefits.
But I know that they shall be rewarded for their work.

i believe strongly that christians are poor because of ignorance
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by PastorAIO: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2008
detruth:

@poster
Lack of knowlegde!

Yeah, lack of knowledge about the financial markets. Lack of knowledge about the Labour market. If you don't know where the good jobs are then chances are you won't land a good job. But then again you can't fail to take into account simple ol' fashioned Bad Luck. Luck accounts for a lot of things. O luck, be a lady with me and not an ashewo.

~Lady~:

!

And happiness comes from contentment with what you ARE! Stop having Big Eye for more than is meant for you. How does the Big Eye start in the first place?

What are the effects of Socialization on our spirituality? Ever since you are a child your entire environment pulls you away from the portion appropriated for you. "you see your mate"! How many times have we all heard that since we were growing up. What an evil thing to say! What are the implication of this statement. That you have to compare yourself to another person, your mate. The measure of your worth depends on how it compares with another person. That is pure evil. Even traditional religions will tell you that a a ki fi ori we ori. In other words we do not compare Ori (destiny). Another man's destiny cannot be the measure of my worth.

Yet they persist. After those aunties and uncles have started their evil (inadvertently I would hope so you can't blame them) with "you see your mate". Then we move to the next stage. Peers trying to make you jealous of their successes. It starts from Primary school, even nursery sef. Your friend gets an icecream and the first thing he will do is show you before he starts to eat it all by himself. It is almost as if if you are not jealous of him then he cannot properly enjoy the icecream.
All the way up to the Adult stages of life. Guys will boast about anything. Their new cars this that the other . . . . My answer for them is simple. I pray with them that as God as blessed them with THEIR OWN may God also bless me with my own. That is assuming that the new cars is theirs and they didn't steal it. By God's grace I'll never be tempted to want more than my own, Amin.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by ssRhino: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
Cos some still dont understands what God's purpose is for their lives, and some have poverty mentality.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by KunleOshob(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2008
$$Rhino:

Cos some still don't understands what God's purpose is for their lives, and some have poverty mentality.
God's purpose for our lives as never been and would never be material wealth as some manipulative pastors would want you to believe.(That is not to say God doesn't want us to be rich, but that is not his purpose for us) Our purpose on this earth is to worship God and prepare us for heavenly riches/ wealth.
The gospel of Jesus Christ which is the basis of christianity never included material wealth, so do not be deceived.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by dudubobo1: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2008
What do you consider to be poverty?
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by KunleOshob(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
Whatever you cnsider to be poverty, the gospel of Jesus Christ is not about worldy riches. It is about heavenly riches; do not be deceived.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by MissyB1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2008
dudu-bobo:

What do you consider to be poverty?
More like what do you consider to be RICHIES?Is it only about having big houses and fat acount?
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by MrCrackles(m): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2008
And why are pastors stinkingly rich?! grin
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by tope2000(f): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2008
Where do people get this stupid n nonsense statistics from sef??
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2008
Brash!:

And why are pastors stinkingly rich?! grin

Those merchants . . . sorry pastors shld be top lecturers at the Lagos Business School.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by Lady2(f): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
i believe strongly that christians are poor because of ignorance

i am a christian and i am not ignorant. i am a christian and i am not poor. i pay my tuition out of pocket because i am not poor enough to receive aid from the government, yet i am a christian.

there are so many christians out there that are very rich materially, so your point is?
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by MrCrackles(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
davidylan:

Those merchants . . . sorry pastors shld be top lecturers at the Lagos Business School.

grin
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by ssRhino: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2008
KunleOshob:

God's purpose for our lives as never been and would never be material wealth as some manipulative pastors would want you to believe.(That is not to say God doesn't want us to be rich, but that is not his purpose for us) Our purpose on this earth is to worship God and prepare us for heavenly riches/ wealth.
The gospel of Jesus Christ which is the basis of christianity never included material wealth, so do not be deceived.

God has nevef created us to live in poverty, how would he want you to worship him with empty stomach.
God is a faithful God, and that was why when he created adam and eve, he had already created everything, so that they will not suffer.
So my guy, shed off poverty mentallity, cos God wants us to have everything in blessing, material, money and great health.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by dudubobo1: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2008
Is the Faith all about materialism?

The book of Acts should be our guide because that should set an example as to how we need to conduct ourselves as Christians.

Acts 3: 6 -
Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."

Acts 2: 42 - 47

They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by ssRhino: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
dudu-bobo:

Is the Faith all about materialism?

The book of Acts should be our guide because that should set an example as to how we need to conduct ourselves as Christians.

Acts 3: 6 -

Acts 2: 42 - 47

I agree with you, that it is not just about material, but with so much other stuff added to it, the dsciple said, Silver and Gold i have not, cos they dont have it, but even Jesus made a fish to give money, heaven we have been told is street of gold, so God will never want us to be poor, the bible said, the wealth of the unbleivers will be given to the faithful ones, so what are you talking about.
Laziness is one of the reasons why some christians are poor, like when some ought to be at office, they will be at achurch, and the bible says, the hands that doesnt eat, shd not eat.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by dudubobo1: 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2008
God is more than able to provide for every one of our needs. However, we are always jumping to do things for ourselves and we have allowed greed to creep into the church. Why would someone have several millions in his account while his brother hardly has enough to feed or clothe himself?  angry
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by ssRhino: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2008
dudu-bobo:

God is more than able to provide for every one of our needs. However, we are always jumping to do things for ourselves and we have allowed greed to creep into the church. Why would someone have several millions in his account while his brother hardly has enough to feed or clothe himself? angry

If the money was made iin a genuine way, who do u blame that the other guy has no money in his account.
i am not an advocate of laziness and neither am i telling you that brother shdnt help one another, however, pls stop this nonesensical idea of "it is wrong to be rich" without money,even the gospel cant be preached.
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by dudubobo1: 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2008
$$Rhino:

I agree with you, that it is not just about material, but with so much other stuff added to it, the dsciple said, Silver and Gold i have not, because they don't have it, but even Jesus made a fish to give money, heaven we have been told is street of gold, so God will never want us to be poor, the bible said, the wealth of the unbleivers will be given to the faithful ones, so what are you talking about.
Laziness is one of the reasons why some christians are poor, like when some ought to be at office, they will be at achurch, and the bible says, the hands that doesnt eat, should not eat.

The fact that Jesus did not have an abundance of money locked up somewhere should be instructive. God will always provide for our needs without our greed.

Heaven is golden. . .heaven was created by God to be that way and we seek to go to heaven. Do we want to take over the power of creation from God by trying to create heaven on earth? or do we want to make the world our own heaven?
This world is not my heaven. Thank God Almighty I can look forward to heaven without thinking that I'm already in heaven in the midst of this corrupt world
Re: Why Are Some Christians Poor? by ssRhino: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
dudu-bobo:

The fact that Jesus did not have an abundance of money locked up somewhere should be instructive. God will always provide for our needs without our greed.

Heaven is goldenheaven was created by God to be that way and we seek to go to heaven. Do we want to take over the power of creation from God by trying to create heaven on earth? or do we want to make the world our own heaven?
This world is not my heaven. Thank God Almighty I can look forward to heaven without thinking that I'm already in heaven in the midst of this corrupt world

that is great to know you so much blv in Him, however, have u read the part of the bible, where God says, He will bless the work of your hands, so it is not magic, u need to have something doing, working, buz and he will bless it, He said, a lazy man will wear rags.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[dp] Muharram 2015 Profile Pics - Ya Hussain Dp Photos For Whatsapp / We Were Created By Extraterrestrial Beings. / Ancient Biblical Hebrews Were Black People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.