Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,369 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis (933 Views)

Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer / Romans 7 : The Flesh Test - Paul Ellis / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
The good news of heaven declares that everything comes to us as a free gift from our heavenly Father. But the bad news of earth says you better work baby, because there’s no such thing as a free lunch!

Your choice is grace or works. Either the favor of God is given or earned, but it can’t be both.

The gospel that Jesus revealed and Paul preached proclaims it’s grace from start to finish. How then are we to explain these verses which suggest you must work to be blessed?

Jesus
Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. John (5:28-29)

Paul
God will repay each person according to what they have done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. (Rom 2:6-cool

If these were the only verses in the Bible you could build a whole religion on the importance of doing good or being blessed through good works, and many have. Such a message appeals to our sense of right and wrong but it’s a cursed message that promotes self-trust and self-righteousness.

Let’s start with the words of Jesus who said “those who have done good will rise to live.” That’s very clear. There’s no ambiguity. If you “done good” you will live, but what does it mean to do good? Jesus tells us a few verses earlier:

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (John 5:24)

Doing good, as Jesus defines it, is hearing and believing Jesus. Nothing more, nothing less.

“That can’t be it. It’s too simple. There must be some work that God requires from me.”

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:29)

Want to impress God? Then be impressed with Jesus. Want to do something good with your life? Then drop your cheap sacrifice and marvel at his infinitely sublime one.

Being persuaded that Jesus is who he says he is, and living from that persuasion, is the most productive thing you can do with your life. The seed of God’s word is fruitful. It will grow and bear a harvest all by itself. But we can certainly hinder that process through doubt and unbelief. Trying to make things happen is one of the most destructive things you can do. So don’t do it. Labor to enter his rest and stay there.

I am absolutely convinced that the most creative and fruitful people in this world are those who have seen Jesus, who have been undone by his love, and who are resting in their Father’s unconditional approval. If this is you, then you will shine like the stars (Php 2:15).

In the next post we will look at the words of Paul.

https://escapetoreality.org/2015/09/24/judged-for-what-we-have-done-john-5v28-29/

1 Share

Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
THANK YOU LORD JESUS!
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:49am On Oct 09, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THANK YOU LORD JESUS!
Amen bro!! Amen!!
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xxxxx
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by Janeyinspires(f): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Brymo,this hot coffee is mixed with honey.Enjoy . . . . Morning,jiggaz
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by Brymo: 7:43am On Oct 10, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Brymo,this hot coffee is mixed with honey.Enjoy
Morning,jiggaz
hehe, let me see maybe I can sip.

1 Like

Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by Brymo: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2017
cry
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Brymo,this hot coffee is mixed with honey.Enjoy
Morning,jiggaz
Evening Janey... I see you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Brymo:
I know Good people of God, even justification is by faith and all redemptive packages could be assessed by faith, even this faith is a gift of God, although we have two kinds of faith, another day discussion. Back to what I'm saying, show me faith without works, I tell you that faith is dead being alone. Justification as said by bro James is not by faith alone but by works too, the gospel simplicity as concerning faith and believe has been conjured by lazybones to mean faith alone is sufficient. Faith being alone is dead James 2:24. I know thy works was repeated by Jesus from Rev 2 to Rev 3 more than 10 times not I know thy faith. To show the priority placed by Jesus on works, if thou would be judged by the works, is a statement made by Jesus, I better take my work seriously, and plead for the abiding grace to abide in all good works.
I might be wrong and but not totally wrong.
The function of faith in our Christian works, lies in
1. To receive salvation
2. To receive from God
3. To please Him
4. To twin with works
Faith is made perfect with works
James 2 vs 22
God bless you.
Caveat: This is not contentious but another light to works and faith. I be reading to get clearer illumination if I be wrong. Amen
James is talking about justification before men. Men demands to know your faith by your works but God only demands your faith in Christ, nothing more nothing less. Anything added to the finished work of Christ is irrelevant.

We are created unto good works but salvation is by faith alone. Don't mix grace with works. It is either Christ or you are saving yourself. No in beteweens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Morning
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:24am On Oct 12, 2017
Morning ...
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:39am On Oct 13, 2017
Hoooo
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Haaa
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
Haii
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Koooo
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Evening
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:35pm On May 29, 2018
Maaaa
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Morning
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
Now
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
Yes Lord...
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:01pm On May 02, 2021
Yes Lord
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:20am On May 03, 2021
Now
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2021
Yeessss
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2021
Now
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:04am On Jun 10, 2021
Yes
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Look
Re: Judged For What We Have Done - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Evening

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Ally Father Mbaka In New Year Sermon Tells Him Go In The Name Of God! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/01/18 / I Am Fast Losing My Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.