Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,100 members, 7,845,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) (30526 Views)

Nigeria Vs C.A.R , How It Went Down At Teslim Balogun Stadium (video) / Nigeria Vs Lesotho AFCON Qualifier: What Went Down At Teslim Balogun Stadium / Rehabilitation Works Begin At The National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by kay29000(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nice. Ambo always doing new things.
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by davillian(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon put Nigeria and Lagos in particular on the map and became a household name in US.

Lagos should honor him.
Ask 10 Americans if they have heard of Lagos b4. U would be surprise @d ans u get.
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by stobery(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
pussyeater:

Guy! Nor make me vex!
grin why u change d previous comment? grin

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Pigsandidiots: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
O boy, see how emeka, chukwudi, Mr Chinoso and Mrs chika are really developing Lagos.

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by OTayobami(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
Not football statues....we need more football stadiums in Nigeria abeg to improve football in the countrt
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by AmaechiLinus(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
Will this bring change to the Nigerian economic situation?
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Pigsandidiots: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
davillian:

Ask 10 Americans if they have heard of Lagos b4. U would be surprise @d ans u get.
Yeah, but they have heard and still hearing of aba.

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
No man's land

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by cristianisraeli: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Lagos State Government unveils The Football Forever Statue at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1615846405103286&id=492378324116772

is there anything they dont commission in lagos and even in nigeria..i cry for my country nigeria
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Worksunlimited: 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
franzis:
How can they just unveil a statue that has been on display for the past 6 months or more than

You dey mind dem...
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by abbeyty(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Alphasoar:
We don't even know the people there sef

e be like say that one with braid is kalu
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Keballl: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
omenka:
Egbon Musiwa, I come to you with greetings and respect.

Your Royal Majesty, the entire black race recognize and appreciate all you've done for them Kabiesi! Were it not for you, we wouldn't have known the difference in altitude.

May you live long and may your bond with the Queen of England continue to grow from strength to strength until your dying days!

Thank you our King!

Lolz, nice one Bros. King Ademusiwa 1 of Africa.

The only king wise enough to teach us strenuously on the difference in altitude.

2 Likes

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by morereb10: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Unnecessary things
hmmmm
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by naptu2: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
napoleonbaba:

Nigeria had no basketball team in his days

Of course Nigeria had a basketball team. Hakeem was discovered by the great Ganiyu Otenigbagbe (who played for and coached Nigeria) while he was at Muslim Secondary School and he actually played one game for the Nigerian national junior team before he went to the US.

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by EponOjuku: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
pussyeater:
Unnecessary waste of money! undecided

The opinions of gala sellers and fan yogo hawkers don't count.

6 Likes

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by EponOjuku: 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
davillian:

Of course, they don't know Lagos, they only know Abakaliki and Umuahia.

2 Likes

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by JamesReacher(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:

Of course Nigeria had a basketball team. Hakeem was discovered by the great Ganiyu Otenigbagbe (who played for and coached Nigeria) while he was at Muslim Secondary School and he actually played one game for the Nigerian national junior team before he went to the US.
His name stayed the same. Is it a crime to go to where they have better standards?
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
I hope those ppl that were shouting Otapiapia,Ratattak on the other statue will not come here..

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
EPONOjuku:

The opinions of gala sellers and fan yogo hawkers don't count.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cool grin

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by naptu2: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
JamesReacher:
His name stayed the same. Is it a crime to go to where they have better standards?

I don't understand what you mean. What does his name staying the same and going "to where they have better standards" have to do with my post and how is it a crime?

And he actually did change his name (from Akeem to Hakeem) in 1991, but what has that got to do with my post?
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by ritababe(f): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
kurupt1:
I just hope Unilag babes will not disturb this statue.There should be a 24hr security to protect this statue from Unilag babes.

lmao
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Viewing this topic: yetleieiMANKi grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by kannymoore(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:

It was called Muslim Teacher Training College that has presently metamorphosed into present day Obele Community High School situated at Randle Avenue, Surulere Lagos.

I know cos I once attended that Obele and I remember vividly when Hakeem Olajuwon donated some Basketballs to the school back in the mid 1990's.

School allowed us use only one basketball. And since we had no court, the ball itself couldn't last up to a single school term before it burst due to endless bouncing on the bumpy uneven terrain of the school compound. Lol!
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by naptu2: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
kannymoore:

It was called Muslim Teacher Training College that has presently metamorphosed into present day Obele Community High School situated at Randle Avenue, Surulere Lagos.

I know cos I once attended that Obele and I remember vividly when Hakeem Olajuwon donated some Basketballs to the school back in the mid 1990's.

School allowed us use only one basketball. And since we had no court, the ball itself couldn't last up to a single school term before it burst due to endless bouncing on the bumpy uneven terrain of the school compound. Lol!

He also donated a lot of equipment to the Nigerian Basketball Federation in the 1990s, but I discovered (a year later) that the equipment was left to rot at the port because the NBBF said that they didn't have enough money to pay the port charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by bigpicture001: 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
chinex276:
eko is far far far ahead of other states in Nigeria
...because of statue...?
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by kannymoore(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
naptu2:

He also donated a lot of equipment to the Nigerian Basketball Federation in the 1990s, but I discovered (a year later) that the equipment was left to rot at the port because the NBBF said that they didn't have enough money to pay the port charges.

Shieiit!!!!

Mehn.. I'm just tired wahllai!

I just don't have an answer to give to your revealation I swear!

It's the same way I was tongue-tied when I found out that just two people pocketed money from Konami and sold to them our EXCLUSIVE GAMING RIGHTS which is the reason Nigeria has been absent from EAsports FIFA videogame franchise for almost 10 years now!

It's been a rather sad day for me , for real sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
Should have been named "Infringement spotted" I don't understand how the use of nasty tackles aptly epitomizes football.
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Chanchit: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lmao! that statue has been there since at least 4months.
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by sylve11: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
me like it cool
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by Alphasoar(m): 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
abbeyty:

e be like say that one with braid is kalu
But not his jersey number
Re: The Football Forever Statue At Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
ademusiwa3r:
embarassednv

My family mostly developed Lagos

My scupture playing football with the team.. under a military government

the military has a tradition
I am honored..
There are many military tradition...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shiva N’Zigou Kills Mother In Spiritual Sacrifice, Sleeps With Aunt, Sister, Gay / Nigeria 33rd In New FIFA Rankings / Cuba Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (0 - 3) On 24th June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.