Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (31977 Views)

I Can Never Make It In Life!!! Who Tell You I Can, Is A Liar. / The Single Mother Of 1 I Married Is Actually A Mother Of 4 / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by mercy232(f): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Differential:
Single life is bae. I'm in a relationship with myself.

Really? Why would you want to be single again and why is marriage not worth it? I guess I should be thankful I am single then. undecided
every single person should enjoy their life while it last... it's just a pity our culture and society doesn't permit freedom of choice...
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by RomeoEmpire(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Single and happy #Selflove
U are on point gal. Lets go there joor.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
frenzyduchess:
we are but mere mortals, yes some people have built that discipline that there are certain things they can't be caught doing, but then no one is faultless Nor perfect ,that is why we have to build our happiness from within
Again I agree totally bkos we don't even understand & trust ourselves so how can we then depend on another as the source of our happiness. Also I hv come to give dat gap for failure in any human interaction knowing dat I can't expect d best from any one but if d best come I welcome it. Ur points are Valid and sound
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Klington: 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
husband:: honey each time you cook this delicious meal, my love for you increases undecided

Wife : that's what you always say each time I use my money to cook.. ...

All the money you owe me now is #35000

Love ke.. ...

Wen you dey pay me biko

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by MightyHand(m): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Being single is still the Best, marriage na wahala i beg, expecially when you'r unfortunate to engage wit a nagging nd lazy type of girl...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by mercy232(f): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
hanassholesolo:

What do you mean by weirdness? Can you define it in relation to how you feel? Also, are you newly married?
.....if you are married, you will easily understand what I mean by weirdness... not judging with my experience in marriage... marriage is generally weird, either it's sweet or sour... 3years
gone and still counting...
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by IMASTEX: 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
Happiness itself is a thing of the mind. One determines what make h/she happy.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
NavalObi37:
KJV:And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

KJV:And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

KJV:Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

KJV:And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

KJV:Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

GOD SAID...it's not good that a man should be alone...

Not that I support being unmarried though I am but did Lord Christ Marry? What of Paul of Tarsus (I.e St. Paul), don't make it sound like everyone must marry. Some will marry its for their own good. others will not its still for their good whether they know it or not.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Fearlez: 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
nikkypearl:
Does getting married make you happier, healthier, more integrated into society, and better off in all sorts of other physical, emotional, and interpersonal ways? Although ,i think there are important ways in which lifelong single people do better than people who get married. But I don’t think there is a simple, one-size-fits-all answer to the question of whether it is better to stay single or get married.

What is likely to be true is that some people live their best lives by marrying, whereas others live their best, most authentic, most meaningful and fulfilling lives by living single.
Over to the singles nd married..let hear from you.

Whatever way you look at it, marriage, for the vast majority of people is the bedrock of all societies. That's why Government all over the world encourage marriage with incentives.

Statistics have linked men live longer when they are married and women are more fulfilled in marriage (especially when it produces children)

Society and couples and children benefit more in a union of marriage, not just any marriage but a heterosexual one.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by cgniyi(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Someone said choosing between marriage and being single is like choosing between being miserable or being lonely for the rest of your life.

As practically all my friends are married now, I won't say they are miserable, but there are definitely highs and lows .

As a single man all I can say is I don't envy any of my married friends.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by mercy232(f): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
bjhaid:
a very crazy world based on the fact that we humans don't have stable feeling
....The singles want to get in, while the married are ever willing to pull out... isn't that funny... lol

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Thanks
McTobe:
Again I agree totally bkos we don't even understand & trust ourselves so how can we then depend on another as the source of our happiness. Also I hv come to give dat gap for failure in any human interaction knowing dat I can't expect d best from any one but if d best come I welcome it. Ur points are Valid and sound
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Akshow:
Very happily.
Plz can u share some experiences plz not minding how little... I will not judge U
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Thanks
So very welcome lady Duchess plus Frenzy
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
fav444:
Marriage reduces the freedom and ability of a woman to attain some height by 80% through pregnancy, child bearing and taking care of her family.
Anyways, good marriage is beautiful and very important.
I would love to get married as soon as my PhD research work reaches 80% completion. I think I can handle it from there.
how did the women who have achieved great heights do it? I think determination is key. the bolded is just an excuse

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by fav444(f): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
McTobe:
I wish u d best
Thanks a lot
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

My sister from another mother, Oshe @ I don’t want anyone who will send me to an early grave hence I just enjoy each day as it comes so there’s really no comparison but I know some things will Change in my appearance and dressing that you will know yes she is. It’s walking the talk you can’t plan a marraige but you can build a stable one not a mediocre one

Hey bro thanks o
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Ritajovy(f): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Either way, You can still live a happy and fulfilling life!!
Two heads are better than one!! Marriage advances you . You can also be single; an eunuch and still be happy. God didn't design marriage for everyone. There are those that need marriage to actually fulfill their purpose in life! Some others need to be single to fulfill purpose!!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
mercy232:
every single person should enjoy their life while it last... it's just a pity our culture and society doesn't permit freedom of choice...
Hmmmm
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
mercy232:
....The singles want to get in, while the married are ever willing to pull out... isn't that funny... lol
societal pressure is really forcing many singles into wedlock
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by SmartyPants(m): 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sholaqe:
depends on the people involved. there are certain needs that can't be met when one is married and there are certain freedoms one loses when one gets married. In the same vein, there are certain benefits and joys that being married bestows on a person. so there are pros and cons to both. its just a matter of weighing both on your own subjective scale.

Sorry, which needs can't be met when one is married?
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
fav444:

Thanks a lot
But babe seriously do U want to go that far before settling down, not that I want to interfere but being flexible sometimes helps one to make more informed decision. I am not in any way suggesting dat u should lower your standard.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Johnsown1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
Single rocks

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by GratefulHeart23(f): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
It depends on who you're married to. Even after 5 years of marriage with a child, I prefer being single and now that job won't let me be under the same roof with the man I'm married to, I enjoy my freedom and have lots of peace within.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Bamidele539: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
mercy232:
.....if you are married, you will easily understand what I mean by weirdness... not judging with my experience in marriage... marriage is generally weird, either it's sweet or sour... 3years
gone and still counting...
seems you need a rehab, cos i surely know how you feel based on this...
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
To be candid, one cannot really determine which part is more preferable if he or she has not been through these two stages.
On the contrary, I believe the only factor which makes either part have an upper hand is one's choice of a life partner.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by OlaRolls(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
uncountable favours fall on every married fellow. All you need is divine guidance in making that singular expensive choice of life. I rep married and to tell you the fact, any moment I try to regret marrying comes amazing goodness. My case is different anyway!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by ikp120(m): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sholaqe:
depends on the people involved. there are certain needs that can't be met when one is married and there are certain freedoms one loses when one gets married. In the same vein, there are certain benefits and joys that being married bestows on a person. so there are pros and cons to both. its just a matter of weighing both on your own subjective scale.
Please give me just one logical and factual benefit that being married bestows on a person. No religious talks please

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by michony505(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
myboy2010:
nothing gives u happiness than making Jesus Christ the lord of ur life
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Rinsola32(f): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Akshow:
Single. was once married, now single. Single rocks. Marriage is awesome if u have the right partner. But Nigerians need to understand marriage isn't for everyone and it isn't a passport to heaven.

Fact!!! Marriage isn't for everyone. I always warn my friends who wanna rush in not to let the society pressure them to end up with a wrong partner. They don't believe me. To them, it's like a ticket to heaven.

Been there before and it wasn't easy. Happier now though.

#myhappinesscomesfirst

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by bukatyne(f): 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
byvan03:
Either way, you are screwed.

Hahahahhahahahaha!

You eh!

@OP: you need to be whole in yourself irrespective of your marriage status.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by megama: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
In all ramification married life better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Ties His Son To His Back And People Make Fun Of Him / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) / American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.