Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye (1330 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
Controversial CoolFM’s On Air Personality, Daddy Freeze, has reacted to story of Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie criticising General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye’s decision to have as many branches as possible.

In an earlier report by DAILYPOST, Okogie noted that there is no Godliness in the decision by some churches in the country to have as many branches as possible, describing such as “mere business centres.”

Freeze, who is widely known as a big critic of pastors and preachers, hailed the Cardinal for his criticism of Pastor Adeboye.

In an Instagram post, Freeze said, “I have been driving up and down Lagos looking for this cardinal, so I can give him one huge hug.”

“Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.

“Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.

“Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.

“These are countries considered largely atheist in nature, yet so blessed.

“Come to Owerri town, SE Nigeria, from MCC junction to Toronto junction, there are 36 churches. That stretch of about 5 km harbours 36 churches, more churches than the entire Switzerland.

“Between Owerri and Mgbidi l counted 97 churches and gave up.

“According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches. We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined. More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.’

“Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy Spirit.

”Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and spirituality.”

dailypost.ng

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by laurel03(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
the truth is bitter.... no Street in southern Nigeria that dont hv one church... and same thing go to north they have mosques more than schools.
"We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Muhammed".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by akinade28(f): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
veeklin:

“According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches. We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined. More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.’

“Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy Spirit.

”Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and spirituality.”

dailypost.ng
Though I not a fan of daddy freeze, but I agree with him on this. More church has not improved anything, I think the already existing ones should be effective in our society and we should just stop being religious

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by faithfuldon7(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
I never liked this guy but he is saying the truth.
Let me tell you a true life story...

I was in bauchi in 2012 then as a final year student of ATBU and a friend of mine as an architectural student won a contract to draw and model a complex to the tune of 900K. He got a cheque for the job. After all my pleading, my guy Deposited the cheque into his account and withdrew 90k as titte to the living faith church in Yelwa tudu.

Four days later, my guy was admitted in REMMEE HOSPITAL for appendix and I was running up and down to get an innitial deposit of 43k for his operation as we can't have access to his account and no ATM. I call his parents but no one could be reached for the cash. I rushed to his pastor with all hopes that he would give me the money or any alternative to solve the issue BUT WHAT I met shock me.

The pastor said he don't have any money to give me but he can buy my GUY'S new ACER laptop for his daughter if I can get the receipt for him. I was speechless.

We got the money from drunkard that we never had regards for.

My guy never believed me about his pastor until his girlfriend came with the recording of the pastor which I never believed she recording while we were begging.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by donnie(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mtcheeeew
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by omoowhe: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
That's some sense up there
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by hisgrace090: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Will I talk? Talk what?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by anuoluwapo884(m): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
What is this one saying
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by dominique(f): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
I agree with everything except with the 23,000 churches part. I'm sure there are no less than 100,000 churches across Nigeria, mosques should be slightly fewer. With all our religiousness, we keep hearing of so many atrocities being committed by these so-called religious people. Most times I wonder what all our over religiousness has achieved for us in this country.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by enemmo(f): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
dominique:
I agree with everything except with the 23,000 churches part. I'm sure there are no less than 100,000 churches across Nigeria, mosques should be slightly fewer. With all our religiousness, we keep hearing of so many atrocities being committed by these so-called religious people. Most times I wonder what all our over religiousness has achieved for us in this country.

Maybe he means denominations not the number of branches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by Israeljones(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
faithfuldon7:
I never liked this guy but he is saying the truth.
Let me tell you a true life story...

I was in bauchi in 2012 then as a final year student of ATBU and a friend of mine as an architectural student won a contract to draw and model a complex to the tune of 900K. He got a cheque for the job. After all my pleading, my guy Deposited the cheque into his account and withdrew 90k as titte to the living faith church in Yelwa tudu.

Four days later, my guy was admitted in REMMEE HOSPITAL for appendix and I was running up and down to get an innitial deposit of 43k for his operation as we can't have access to his account and no ATM. I call his parents but no one could be reached for the cash. I rushed to his pastor with all hopes that he would give me the money or any alternative to solve the issue BUT WHAT I met shock me.

The pastor said he don't have any money to give me but he can buy my GUY'S new ACER laptop for his daughter if I can get the receipt for him. I was speechless.

We got the money from drunkard that we never had regards for.

My guy never believed me about his pastor until his girlfriend came with the recording of the pastor which I never believed she recording while we were begging.
This looked cooked especially the bolded.... but it doesnt mean this cannot happen though.....
This pastors are the reason why i now find church going irritating..... These people are so hypocritical.... They are only nice wen u meet them in church.....
i have a story of my own too.. A pastor of one of this big name churches... , who was so approachable and nice in church but turn into a man of protocol when my friend met wif him in a company where he was suppose to have an interview,,, This man completely turned into a total stranger... to cut the long story short, he gave the vacant position to a rich member son of his church the job.... but never gave my friend the opportunity for an interview.... He was just shouting protocol! protocol!!....

This is not the only time i av had his experience..
These pastors are heavy scammers.. most of them

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by sonofluc1fer: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hmmm.

Is Jesus still coming back?
Had to ask, cos the way Southern Nigeria is building churches and camps, its like the nigger is coming back to live in Nigeria.

Maybe I'm mad. But while other societies seem to be innovating and providing the private jets and phones our prayer points import, we seem to be doing our utmost best to turn our society to a Biblical Israel. Heck, most of our streets even bear Jewish names. Will the new Jerusalem be in Nigeria? I wonder.

Maybe I'm. Or maybe you are. Maybe God does not lkke garri and soup. Thats why his prophets are from Mecca and Israel. Africa, as large as this continent is, was unworthy to produce any prophet or Holy Books.

Maybe I'm mad.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by Ranchhoddas: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
dominique:
Na the ones registered by the CAC them dey talk about.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by sonofluc1fer: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Na the ones registered by the CAC them dey talk about.
They are registered by the CAC as businesses?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by jonbellion(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sad truth
No where you won't see church in Nigeria
No where!!
But na we worst pass for everything
Wonder what all of them are for besides raping eardrums with thier noise
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by petra1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
laurel03:
the truth is bitter.... no Street in southern Nigeria that dont hv one church... and same thing go to north they have mosques more than schools.
"We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Muhammed".

YOU CANNOT BLAME THE CHURCH FOR THE FAILINGS OF GOVERNMENT.

The purpose of the church is to save men from hell. Finland economy had nothing to do with church . Church has its purpose and the Govetnment has its purpose .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2017
The churches teach morals found in the Bible. And when a country is morally upright a lot of vices like corruption are on the low side. Now come to think of it, Nigeria is one of the most religious country on earth, but yet this doesn't reflect in her morals. The average Nigerian man is greedy ( let me not use other sterner adjectives). This shows that our moral organizations that is the churches etc, have all failed in their duties of instilling high and Godly morals in their members or followers....meanwhile there are still other countries who are religious and still have high morals eg Japan (even though it's not Christianity or Islam). most countries that are atheist have chosen to take Science as their religion and allow it govern their morals.... science is all about natural laws, what you give to nature is what nature will give back to you.... so they know it best not to engage in vices because that is what they will inevitably reap!...........so mister poster above, you need to re-examine your line of reasoning
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:36am On Oct 10, 2017
petra1:

YOU CANNOT BLAME THE CHURCH FOR THE FAILINGS OF GOVERNMENT.

The purpose of the church is to save men from hell.
Finland economy had nothing to do with church . Church has its purpose and the Govetnment has its purpose .

Are you living as if there is a hell somewhere?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by petra1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Are you living as if there is a hell somewhere?

Yes I do . Better do too
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by femicyrus(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
we have nothing less than 7 million church branches and at least a minimum of 2 pastors per branch whose wives are also pastors I.e 4 pastors per branch. our growth church wise had influenced other African countries having all manner of pastors too. even our vice President is a pastor. our pastors are the richest in the world, we have largest cathedral in the world, we pray more than the whole world. we perform miracles more than any pastor in the world. we are closer to God compared to Israel. yet we are still here.(poverty, hunger, corruption, underdeveloped, consumer, 3rd world country and unrighteous)
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by hopefulLandlord: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
bbzbz
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by hopefulLandlord: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
hBz
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
petra1:

Yes I do . Better do too
I really hope you do. Because your pastors are not living like they believe in hell.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by H2Ossss(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Reactors.... It actually cost 0 naira to mind your own bizness...
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by petra1(m): 5:28am On Oct 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I really hope you do. Because your pastors are not living like they believe in hell.

What makes you say so? The bible is clear enough.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cardinal Okogie’s Criticism Of Pastor Adeboye by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:38am On Oct 11, 2017
petra1:

What makes you say so? The bible is clear enough.
Yes, very clear on the several parts where Jesus insinuated a rich man cannot enter heaven... But pastors behave and preach as if they don't believe in his teachings, neither do they go about preaching like Jesus... None of them have sold their properties to feed the poor.

People do not follow the instructions clearly given by Jesus of the Bible - not to bother about what to eat or what to wear. Jesus talk about mansions awaiting his followers so that they would live an ascetic life... I don't see such character in Christians around us today...

I really hope you might be an exception who have abandoned all earthly ambitions as Jesus is expecting of his followers.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Hardest Thing God Has Ever Done? / Archaeological Evidence Verifying Biblical Cities / The Cosmic Jewish Zombie called Jesus Was a gay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.