Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates (669 Views)

Super Eagles Players And The Cars They Drive (Photos) / David Luiz, Victor Moses - Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates / Good News For Man City's Injured Players - Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates by CriticMaestro: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Chelsea will go into a busy October schedule off the back of a couple of injuries that could really hurt them over the next couple of weeks.

The Blues take on Crystal Palace on Saturday before taking on Roma in the Champions League the following Wednesday and hosting Watford the next weekend.

It is a tough period for Antonio Conte’s side as they go into a lot of fixtures before the next international break the weekend of November 12.

But who is sidelined and when could they be back?

N’Golo Kante

Injury type: Hamstring

Out since: October 7

Back: Hopeful Roma – October 18, more realistic Watford – October 21

What Deschamps said: “No I can’t count on him [Kante] for the next game. When you go out with a muscular issue, it’s something behind his thigh.

“N’Golo had a crucial part to play, obviously. After N’Golo’s injury, Adrien Rabiot came on in the same role, maybe not with the same quality as N’Golo.”

Summary: The midfielder has been one of the stars for Chelsea in the last two seasons, but he hobbled off in the first half against Bulgaria on Saturday with a hamstring issue.

Kante looks like he is going to miss the Crystal Palace game at the weekend and Conte is trying to get him back into the Champions League side against Roma on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.

Alvaro Morata
Injury type: Hamstring

Out since: September 30

Back: Hopeful Roma – October 18, more realistic Bournemouth – October 28

What Conte said: “It’s a muscular problem. I don’t think it’s serious. He said to me, I prefer to stop myself otherwise I risk having a bad injury.

“The doctor will check the situation.”

Summary: This comes as a real blow to the Blues as Morata has hit the ground running since making the summer move to Stamford Bridge. He has already netted six Premier League goals and one in the Champions League and was looking like a decent Diego Costa replacement.

However, he has picked up a Grade II hamstring injury that could see him sidelined for four weeks, although Chelsea are hoping it might be sooner.

Danny Drinkwater

Injury type: Calf

Out since: September 15

Back: Hopeful Crystal Palace – October 14

What Conte said: (September 15) “He had a muscular problem in his calf. I think it’s very difficult to see him before the international break. He needs time to recover.

“It’s a pity because he was starting to work and to improve his physical condition. Now we have to move all these situations. And in two, three weeks, four weeks, I don’t know.”

Summary: It has been a miserable start to life at Chelsea for Drinkwater, having been on the bench on his return to Leicester and then picking up his calf injury in training.

Conte was hopeful that the midfielder will be back after the international break and will be an important player for the Italian so that he can rotate his squad.

Baba Rahman

Injury type: Knee

Out since: January 2017

Back: January 2018

Summary: The left back had been on loan at Schalke last season and had an impressive first half of the campaign, but then had a shocking injury that ruled him out for the rest of the year.

Rahman tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, which required surgery, while at the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana and he has been recovering from that ever since.

There was some hope that he would be in the Chelsea squad for the season, being named on the website, however he has not been given a number and it is likely that he will be loaned out once again.
Re: Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates by inMyOpeenion(f): 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
I just hope he doesnt field baka and fab. Drinkacid better come to rescue.
And the bat to fill in for morata wont be too bad if he has hazard and pedro beside him (not the stingy willian).
Either ways, i dont see crystal palace taking any point here.
Re: Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates by ubongoton(m): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
am not sure of raham baba, the guy is not in chelsea
Re: Chelsea's Injured Players And Their Return Dates by Eggcelent(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Join Me & Others As We Discuss Football (Sports) On WhatsApp

(1) (Reply)

Finally Cristiano Ronaldo named Best FIFA Men’s Player of 2016-17 / Super Eagles! See Full Squad To Play Against Algeria Today / See 3 Players Mourinho Will Sell By January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.