Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (551259 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by lucasmoura04: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2023
Who is coming to Melbourne this November/ early December and needs accommodation. Please, kindly let me know. A room is becoming available on 24 November.. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by lucasmoura04: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2023
Peeman24:
Hello! Planning to move to NSW Australia by November, anyone knows the possibility and information on securing an accommodation while offshore. Please help!

Check Facebook market or speak with someone on site in NSW
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by lucasmoura04: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2023
victor54:
Hello, please I'm looking for a room to rent in Melbourne. Does anyone here have a room to rent in Melbourne?

Yes , a room is becoming available in November 24. When is your flight to Melbourne?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tunlex01(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Andychinedu:
Please bro...
Abeg no vex oo

Which is cheaper between the study visa and the skilled workers' visa...?

Thank you
Skilled visa i will say.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Hkana: 3:32am On Nov 30, 2023
Hi Tunlex01, may I send a pm?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tunlex01(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hkana:
Hi Tunlex01, may I send a pm?
sure
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by victor54: 4:45am On Dec 03, 2023
lucasmoura04:

Yes , a room is becoming available in November 24. When is your flight to Melbourne?

Check your email
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by victor54: 6:21am On Dec 03, 2023
Please is there any WhatsApp group for Nigerians in Melbourne?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Wrap46: 1:24am On Dec 04, 2023
Hi guys πŸ‘‹πŸΏ

I have some question regarding Aussie universities. I recently helped my brother to gain admission to a university here in Sydney. They gave him a conditional offer and subsequently told him that the condition of the offer is on ground that he submits his certified documentation.

Now here comes the question,

We are both dual citizen of Nigeria and Sweden and he did his bachelors in Nigeria and our mom has the legit credentials in Nigeria. The condition of the offer is that he brings his certified credentials on the day of his enrollment, is the legit one from the university certified enough or do we have to do any other thing to certify the documents ?

I asked someone who stays in Sydney and he advised that the documents from the university should be enough and if not then Justice of peace in Sydney can put down a writing. How true is this?

Hope to get a feedback from someone here
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 10:02am On Dec 04, 2023
Wrap46:
Hi guys πŸ‘‹πŸΏ

I have some question regarding Aussie universities. I recently helped my brother to gain admission to a university here in Sydney. They gave him a conditional offer and subsequently told him that the condition of the offer is on ground that he submits his certified documentation.

Now here comes the question,

We are both dual citizen of Nigeria and Sweden and he did his bachelors in Nigeria and our mom has the legit credentials in Nigeria. The condition of the offer is that he brings his certified credentials on the day of his enrollment, is the legit one from the university certified enough or do we have to do any other thing to certify the documents ?

I asked someone who stays in Sydney and he advised that the documents from the university should be enough and if not then Justice of peace in Sydney can put down a writing. How true is this?

Hope to get a feedback from someone here
Me thinks that should be more than enough. Either from the University or a JP in Sydney can certify the credentials.
Some (JP) do it free and you can find them in public libraries or Shopping malls.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Uttydoma: 12:51am On Dec 05, 2023
I'm glad to stumble upon this thread. This is insightful.

I have proficiency in Chinese language. I used to work with the Chinese as a translator.

As a dependent and a Chinese translator, are there Chinese factories or jobs I can easily fix myself when I get to Australia?

I don't mind doing these other jobs, but I prefer working as a translator because of my career.

If there are Chinese jobs, what are the average salaries?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Uttydoma: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2023
I see people traveling to Australia with foodstuffs from Nigeria.

Can you travel with red oil from Nigeria to Australia?

Those that have tried it, what was your experience like?

I will be waiting for a response.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2023
Uttydoma:
I'm glad to stumble upon this thread. This is insightful.

I have proficiency in Chinese language. I used to work with the Chinese as a translator.

As a dependent and a Chinese translator, are there Chinese factories or jobs I can easily fix myself when I get to Australia?

I don't mind doing these other jobs, but I prefer working as a translator because of my career.

If there are Chinese jobs, what are the average salaries?

https://www.seek.com.au/chinese-speaking-jobs
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Akpaamunsi: 9:26am On Dec 07, 2023
Uttydoma:
I see people traveling to Australia with foodstuffs from Nigeria.

Can you travel with red oil from Nigeria to Australia?

Those that have tried it, what was your experience like?

I will be waiting for a response.

Thank you.

The behavior some of you Nigerians is quite annoying, and these are some of the reasons why these countries keep tightening immigration. Please give me a good and sensible reason why you should pack palm oil all the way from Nigeria to Australia when there are hundreds of Nigerian/African food stores selling palm oil in all the states of Australia? Abeg, who do una this kain thing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Akpaamunsi:

The behavior some of you Nigerians is quite annoying, and these are some of the reasons why these countries keep tightening immigration. Please give me a good and sensible reason why you should pack palm oil all the way from Nigeria to Australia when there are hundreds of Nigerian/African food stores selling palm oil in all the states of Australia? Abeg, who do una this kain thing?

the reason why i s that the palm oil sold abroad is not the same.
The palm oil sold for obodo oyibo na palm oil remnant from industrial process mostly beauty products, the taste is different and it gives stomach aches.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Akpaamunsi: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
blackbriar:

The palm oil sold for obodo oyibo na palm oil remnant from industrial process mostly beauty products, the taste is different and it gives stomach aches.

This is completely untrue and lies. Any African food ingredient and food stuff which is exported and sold in any first world country especially Australia has been verified to have passed through a lot of quality assurance processes before it is allowed to be sold in those countries. How come Nigerians and Africans in those societies that buy these palm oil everyday haven't come down with stomach aches? Your reasons don't make any sense.
You guys are the reason why Australia is currently tightening their border processes regarding bringing any how food stuff and liquid into their country. Just try bring am come na, they will help you fling it into the dustbin. All the palm oil being sold in African stores in Australia were all imported and produced from Ghana and Nigeria after passing through stringent processes and are sold at very affordable rates, so I wonder why anyone would want to bring an unverified palm oil to Australia, thereby putting Australian bio security at Risk? Infact, I think Australia and other countries needs to ban foreign foodstuff completely so una go get sense.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Hkana: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
tunlex01:

sure

Thanks. PM sent
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Uttydoma: 4:59am On Dec 08, 2023
Thank you for your response. This was helpful.

Generally speaking. What is the environment like working with the Chinese?

I ask this because, sometimes it can be frustrating to work with them in Naija. Probably because of how unregulated Naija labour is.

Do you know anyone who have worked or actively working with them? Can he share his experience and some hacks to get a high paying work there?

blackbriar:

https://www.seek.com.au/chinese-speaking-jobs
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2023
Akpaamunsi:

This is completely untrue and lies. Any African food ingredient and food stuff which is exported and sold in any first world country especially Australia has been verified to have passed through a lot of quality assurance processes before it is allowed to be sold in those countries. How come Nigerians and Africans in those societies that buy these palm oil everyday haven't come down with stomach aches? Your reasons don't make any sense.
You guys are the reason why Australia is currently tightening their border processes regarding bringing any how food stuff and liquid into their country. Just try bring am come na, they will help you fling it into the dustbin. All the palm oil being sold in African stores in Australia were all imported and produced from Ghana and Nigeria after passing through stringent processes and are sold at very affordable rates, so I wonder why anyone would want to bring an unverified palm oil to Australia, thereby putting Australian bio security at Risk? Infact, I think Australia and other countries needs to ban foreign foodstuff completely so una go get sense.

Good day Dear Sir.

Please don't be vexed.

we are saying the same thing.
The palm oil sold in Austrlain market have undergone strict customs,imports,health and environmental processes.
However the bulk of the palm oil come from post-industrial use from neigbouring South east aisan nations like indonesia etc.

Also, i will also not advised anyone to try to bring in palm oil.
Just as you are also right, why put fish and meat in your luggage when they are eaisly available in Australia.

However, Excuse me sir, Can i bring Suya?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 9:23am On Dec 08, 2023
Uttydoma:
Thank you for your response. This was helpful.

Generally speaking. What is the environment like working with the Chinese?

I ask this because, sometimes it can be frustrating to work with them in Naija. Probably because of how unregulated Naija labour is.

Do you know anyone who have worked or actively working with them? Can he share his experience and some hacks to get a high paying work there?

Depends on your luck.
if you mean wages...they would not cheat you on wages.
If you mean power harrasment...depends on the chinese company and people.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Akpaamunsi: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2023
blackbriar:

Good day Dear Sir.

Please don't be vexed.

we are saying the same thing.
The palm oil sold in Austrlain market have undergone strict customs,imports,health and environmental processes.
However the bulk of the palm oil come from post-industrial use from neigbouring South east aisan nations like indonesia etc.

Also, i will also not advised anyone to try to bring in palm oil.
Just as you are also right, why put fish and meat in your luggage when they are eaisly available in Australia.

However, Excuse me sir, Can i bring Suya?

Bring meat and have your visa cancelled. Australia customs is not smiling these days.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nostradamu(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2023
EngnrAkande:
Please can someone add to australia group. 0813 341 6783

Abeg, if the WhatsApp group is still active, I'd like to be added there. Who can help with this mbok?

Thank you VERY much as always.

Nostradamus!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nostradamu(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Please, if you left for Australia as a first-timer in the last 3-6 months of this year, what documents did you show them at MMA (apart from visa, passport, vaccination and card)? Even if you have a link on NL with very recent information about this, i don't mind you sharing with me.

And what should I be prepared for unto say I don hear many things about ordeals of those with virgin passports. I don't know how true that is, but would appreciate your honest first-hand experience bikonu.

I don check through many post on NL, but some of the information I saw were quite outdated. And other pieces of information I came across on this thread has not really been helpful.

I thank una in advance.

GBN
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by megastu(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
So if you want to keep eating the same palm oil found in Naija why don't you just remain in Naija?
blackbriar:

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by geee213: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
lucasmoura04:
Who is coming to Melbourne this November/ early December and needs accommodation. Please, kindly let me know. A room is becoming available on 24 November.. Thanks

Good day bro,
I'm coming to Australia for the February 2024 intake and I need room. Please can u help. 2349093557289. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by geee213: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hello All,
Coming to Australia in January, I need a room to rent. Can someone help? Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by geee213: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hello All,
Coming to Melbourne in January and I need a room to rent. Can someone help? Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2023
geee213:
Hello All,
Coming to Melbourne in January and I need a room to rent. Can someone help? Thanks

https://www.flatmatefinders.com.au/rooms/laverton-3028

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by geee213: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2023
Thanks i appreciate, very helpful!!!!

quote author=blackbriar post=127438987]

https://www.flatmatefinders.com.au/rooms/laverton-3028[/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by blackbriar: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2023
Please i have a tax related question.

If a migrant leaves the country, say for 2 years.
Would said migrant need to pay tax for the 2 years that they are out of the country?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
geee213:
Hello All,
Coming to Australia in January, I need a room to rent. Can someone help? Thanks

I love keeping records. Here you have it.

WHERE TO RENT & GET ACCOMMODATION IN AUSTRALIA

https://flatmates.com.au/

https://www.gumtree.com.au/

You can also check Facebook market place if you have a Facebook account. Just click on the 3 horizontal lines, then click marketplace, select your region and type in whatever you need and search. There are so many houses for rent there as well in any region of Australia you desire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Kinboe(m): 12:53am On Dec 25, 2023
Wrap46:

Yeah it’s possible if you have a good passport other than Nigerian passport.

NO. Your passport does not matter. Visitors visa to Australia is not for working.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.