Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave (1757 Views)

I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked / Whatsapp Stops Working On Windows Phones / Microsoft Just Put Another Nail In The Coffin For Windows Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by Techpaded(f): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2017
In series of tweet during the weekend by Microsoft VP, Joe Belfiore -who is responsible for the mobile OS, he said
"we know that Windows 10 Mobile is also slowly but steadily heading to the product graveyard of Microsoft."

As consolation, he further said that Microsoft will keep supporting the platform with bug fixes, but no new features or hardware will be introduced.

Explaining the reason for the fall of Windows phones, he disclosed that developers never really backed the platform and Microsoft could not find partners to work with.

from: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/10/microsoft-confirms-windows-phones-as.html

CC: lalasticlala, seun

Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by nNEOo(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2017
only thiefs use windows as for me? Droid(door) all the way!
Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by sorextee(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Rip Microsoft
Peace be unto Blackberry os, since that one has been long dead..
Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by specimenx(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Microsoft had always hidden under the Nokia skin to gain Mobile presence before attempting to thwart the Finnish system. the good thing is that Nokia is still in the manufacture of quality phones under the new HMD global. i'm a big nokia fan.
http://pccona..com
Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by encryptjay(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Was always dead with their limited UI.
Re: Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave by burkutu: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
it was bound to happen.

And some Windows fan boys on nairaland were busy shouting how windows 10 would soon be the #1 smartphone OS a couple of years ago.

When we told them they should not believe all those Microsoft-sponsored campaigns, they refused.

I wonder where they are hiding now. Nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Apps And Games For Android 2.3 / How To Save Pictures Or Videos On Whatsapp Status / Facebook Re-brands With New Logo To Differentiate The Company & App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.