Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery (1341 Views)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / Why I Married My Wife? / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by marvelck: 8:39am On Oct 11, 2017
"When I Married My Husband, He Had Nothing. We Were Even Sleeping On The Floor - Mrs Jennifer Iheanacho, CEO Christy Bakery

Mrs. Jennifer Iheanacho is the CEO of Christy Bakery & Foods, a fast growing pastry company in Lagos.

Seeing her at first and seeing the beauty of her luxurious home and the number of businesses she operates as the CEO, one would think she was born with a silver spoon or married to an oil tycoon right from day one. Not knowing all she has been able to achieve presently weren't there at the beginning but gotten via hard work, true love & commitment and through the grace of God.

Read her testimony below

"When I met my husband and started wedding plans. he had nothing. He was even squatting with a friend. Then he rented a house, we were sleeping on bare floor, then he bought a mattress and television. We got married and today we live in our own house. It's 15 years now."

Wow! Stories like this is what I call a true love story. A couple's rise from grass to grace as a result of their love, commitment and support for each other.

Hope ladies of today will be able to learn a thing or two from such inspiring love stories when they are about to get married. Even if your boo doesn't have everything, your love and commitment to each other can take you two from glory to glory. like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day... And remember what its written in Proverbs 18:22, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by LifeofAirforce(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2017
Good to know
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by pocohantas(f): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2017
I have a question to ask.

Why is it always women giving these stories.

...When I married my husband, HE HAD NOTHING.
...When I married my husband, HIS HOUSE WAS EMPTY.
...When I married my husband, HE DIDN'T HAVE A JOB.

I rarely see men share such stories. Are men not proud of their wives post-marriage achievements?

5 Likes

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by obinna4Jesus(m): 8:46am On Oct 11, 2017
How many ladies are prepared to be patient with a man that is yet to 'hit the jackpot'? Every woman wants an already made man. That is not to say that such expectation is wrong but what happens when the potential for such is there and the lady is not prepared for the waiting game? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2017
These kind of stories shows the beauty of true love and sticking with each other in thick and thin.

If a girl can't stay with you when you have nothing, she does not deserve being with you when you have plenty

1 Like

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by zulex880: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2017
So we should fry beans?
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

I rarely see men share such stories. Are men not proud of their wives post-marriage achievements?
That's not true. I would say it's the other way around because its usually men who praise their wives and shower them with gifts (a car, money, etc) for their patience in sticking with them when they had nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by pocohantas(f): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Differential:
That's not true. I would say it's the other way around because its usually men who praise their wives and shower them with gifts (a car, money, etc) for their patience in sticking with them when they had nothing.

On social media?

No, I am not talking of praising her for sticking with him when he had nothing. That's what she should do.

I'm talking of a man boasting of his wife's personal achievements
E.g, when I married my wife, SHE DIDN'T HAVE A ANYTHING, NOW SHE IS THE CEO OF CHRISTY BAKERY.

Now, tell me how many of that you've seen. That's the question.

1 Like

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Florblu(f): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2017
I covet this kind of testimony.
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by akankemi1(f): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

just an avenue to flaunt achievements and form virtuous as the same time. grin
pocohantas:

just an avenue to flaunt achievements and form virtuous as the same time. �
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Divay22(f): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2017
We rise together and ride together, is the wish of every sane person, not rise together and ride separately
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

We thank God and leave it at that, however its women that have issue with marrying for wealth/comfort so they are the ones who need to share the story to inspire others that you don't always need yo marry up.
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by mayze: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
akankemi1:

just an avenue to flaunt achievements and form virtuous as the same time. grin

just an avenue to flaunt achievements and form virtuous as the same time. �
Madam ronke of LAU.....ow r u?loool
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by adaeze12345(f): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
madam you did not tell us when you wanted to leave him to marry babadejo why na
she saw potenntials that why she was with him less i forget
he was still giving her three sqare meals otherwise you know the rest
we women can pretend
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

On social media?

No, I am not talking of praising her for sticking with him when he had nothing. That's what she should do.

I'm talking of a man boasting of his wife's personal achievements
E.g, when I married my wife, SHE DIDN'T HAVE A ANYTHING, NOW SHE IS THE CEO OF CHRISTY BAKERY.

Now, tell me how many of that you've seen. That's the question.
Most men aren't talkers but doers. That a man does not (vocally) boast about his wife's personal achievements post-marriage does not mean he is not proud of her. He will celebrate her and show it in his deeds and actions towards her rather than with words. Again, he might buy her gifts, help her out financially, give her his time, perform acts of service, etc. It's the same way some men don't say "I'm sorry" (aka. Omotola Jalade's husband, Capt Ekeinde) but instead show it; or won't let others see them cry. Sometimes it's because they don't know how to express their emotions like women, but are better at showing them. Sometimes it's pride.

Besides, actions > words. Some men can lie with their words for the purpose of telling a woman what she wants to hear but very few can lie with their actions, which is why it's always a good idea to look at a man's actions towards you/how he treats you to gauge how he feels about you and not rely on what he says alone.

2 Likes

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by pocohantas(f): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
Differential:
Most men aren't talkers but doers. That a man does not (vocally) boast about his wife's personal achievements post-marriage does not mean he is not proud of her. He will celebrate her and show it in his deeds and actions towards her rather than with words. Again, he might buy her gifts, help her out financially, give her his time, perform acts of service, etc. It's the same way some men don't say "I'm sorry" (aka. Omotola Jalade's husband, Capt Ekeinde) but instead show it; or won't let others see them cry. Sometimes it's because they don't know how to express their emotions like women, but are better at showing them. Sometimes it's pride.

Besides, actions > words. Some men can lie with their words for the purpose of telling a woman what she wants to hear but very few can lie with their actions, which is why it's always a good idea to look at a man's actions towards you/how he treats you to gauge how he feels about you and not rely on what he says alone.

Very nice perspective. Thanks.

pcguru1:

We thank God and leave it at that, however its women that have issue with marrying for wealth/comfort so they are the ones who need to share the story to inspire others that you don't always need yo marry up.
LOL. Okay naa
Hypergamy in women no be today tinx.
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
I covet this kind of testimony.

i tap from u too
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by judgedredd22(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
///

Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by ImaIma1(f): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
Congrats. Nothing new. Most new couples start from scratch. Not everyone looks for a made man to latch on.
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Very nice perspective. Thanks.

I'm surprised you're not arguing, considering how you're always arguing with everyone. smiley
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by pocohantas(f): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Differential:

I'm surprised you're not arguing, considering how you're always arguing with everyone. smiley

Nothing worth arguing about here wink
Re: When I Married My Husband, We Were Sleeping On The Floor- MD Christy Bakery by ashjay001(m): 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Not d rule, but must successful ladies intimidate their partners.

U rarely see them allowing their partners to bomb too!? The guys in question live like pampered pets, which is an aberration in africa!? No self respecting man, will live off a woman!grin

(1) (Reply)

How My Husband And I Have Kept Our Sex Life Exciting For 24 Years / Lawyer Or Pastor In The House Come And Defend This Case (True Life Story) / Popular Nigerian Actor SAMANJA (alhaji Usman Baba Patigi ) Is Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.