Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Eastern Singers Fear To Mention Biafra In Their Music; They Say It’s Illegal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eastern Singers Fear To Mention Biafra In Their Music; They Say It’s Illegal (263 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities Blame Super Eagles Green Jersey, Say It's A Bad Luck Jersey / Davido Says "Igbos Are Winning" - Man Tells Him "My In-Law Say It Again" (Video) / Patapaa: " They Say I Am Ugly And A Villager And Sometimes It Hurts Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eastern Singers Fear To Mention Biafra In Their Music; They Say It’s Illegal by princeemmma(m): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2017
After the government launched the Military campaign, “Operation Python Dance” in September to engage secessionist in the region and the ensuing struggle between the military and IPOB members, not so much has been heard of IPOB.

An extended chat with a couple of Eastern musicians didn’t yield any feedbacks that point to the possibility of Biafra’s continuity. As you may know, anyone who carries out any activity in the name of Biafra is to be considered a terrorist. Eastern singers dread such fate, hence their refusal to make comments on anything Biafra in and out of their songs.

One managed to mutter that Biafra may never be, and so, is not worth dying for. Another said he can only talk Biafra if Biafra succeeds. Finally, a young rapper gave a lengthy speech, but under the strict plea for anonymity. He said;

“I think none of us wants to be associated with something that might affect our possibility to achieve success. Nobody would like to have their chance at personal success hindered by fighting for a cause that might not be successful. Let’s face it, nobody is sure that we will get the Biafra that our fathers fought for, and our youths are struggling to achieve.”

Re: Eastern Singers Fear To Mention Biafra In Their Music; They Say It’s Illegal by Ahmad4452(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2017
M

(1) (Reply)

Start Now. / I'd Rather Teach Wizkid - Yung6ix / Burna Boy's Manager Paraded Alongside Suspects Who Robbed Mr 2kay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.