Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,384 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? (936 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Kay17: 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
Christians, generally believe that humans are incapable of creating a perfect society and only the Hand of God can create such a paradise. why then is Bakare on a vain journey? if he is seeking for perfection, he should jump into the lagoon or shoot himself and see the heaven he has always talked about.
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Dolemite(f): 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2010
That's because he's a no good money hungry son of a beach!!
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by holotee(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
Kay 17:

Christians, generally believe that humans are incapable of creating a perfect society and only the Hand of God can create such a paradise. why then is Bakare on a vain journey? if he is seeking for perfection, he should jump into the lagoon or shoot himself and see the heaven he has always talked about.

Abeg which set of christians have that belief ? God will have to use humans to change the world and not come down to make the changes himself.
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by GODSON2009(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
@poster
Kay 17:

please refrain from making sweeping general statements and generalisations about a demographic, also you seem to either be part of the political class or benefitting from the loot or else you wouldnt feel this personal about an upright and brave man of GOD who has decided to stand up and be counted. however commenting on your particular comment i guess the question is why shouldnt he be involved??

apart from the fact that leaders of faith wield a lot of influence in the life of their adherents in whatever faith,they have a stake in the society in which they live in because they are responsible to a lot of people.
also,even in biblical times in the old testaments,there are many accounts of prophets of GOD confronting kings,queens and eminent people even at the risk of death on their unGODLY behavious and actions.
i am sorry but it is these sort of"GOD DEY" attitudes from nigerians like you that has allowed the status quo to remain like this since independence.
and one fact i know is that many centuries from today,when ever his name is mentioned in the history books posterity will judge him as one of these who stood up on the side of the masses against the corruption and looting
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by rotimy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
@poster,
Pastor Tunde is not a politician but a Nigerian that is concerned that greedy politicians and cabals are holding the nation hostage. Preaching only from his church and T.V are not enough. If his joining the save Nigeria group and marchings at Abuja roads will bring sanity in the country, so be it, and may God keep him safe.

N.B, AM A CATHOLIC but I really appreciate Pastor Tunde's concern for our nation!
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Kay17: 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
holotee:

Abeg which set of christians have that belief ? God will have to use humans to change the world and not come down to make the changes himself.
that guy had messed things so badly that he seeks man to correct his mistakes.
GODSON2009:

@posterplease refrain from making sweeping general statements and generalisations about a demographic, also you seem to either be part of the political class or benefitting from the loot or else you wouldnt feel this personal about an upright and brave man of GOD who has decided to stand up and be counted. however commenting on your particular comment i guess the question is why shouldnt he be involved??

apart from the fact that leaders of faith wield a lot of influence in the life of their adherents in whatever faith,they have a stake in the society in which they live in because they are responsible to a lot of people.
also,even in biblical times in the old testaments,there are many accounts of prophets of GOD confronting kings,queens and eminent people even at the risk of death on their unGODLY behavious and actions.
i am sorry but it is these sort of"GOD DEY" attitudes from nigerians like you that has allowed the status quo to remain like this since independence.
and one fact i know is that many centuries from today,when ever his name is mentioned in the history books posterity will judge him as one of these who stood up on the side of the masses against the corruption and looting
of what use would it have if it is impossible of man to do things right.
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
I never knew he was in politics.
He is a Nigerian and as a Nigerian, he can comment and take part in the affairs of the nation . . . or do our constitution bar him from doing such?
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by ogajim(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
Mary Kay, OP ||

He is a Nigerian and has a constitutional and God given right to say his mind, Is he affecting your "family business"?

Gbenu re soun jare!
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Ben13: 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
@Topic. . .

I keep wondering.
Re: Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? by Fhemmmy: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
ogajim:

Mary Kay, OP ||

He is a Nigerian and has a constitutional and God given right to say his mind, Is he affecting your "family business"?

Gbenu re soun jare!

Pls tell them oh. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

psalm 23 / Re: / Abonimable Act Constituted By Some Section Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.