Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) (31790 Views)

Woman Dies After Gynaecologist Mistakenly Cuts Her Intestines During Childbirth / Woman Lives With Her Intestines Hanging Outside After Surviving A Shooting In US / My Lassa Fever Story By Doctor Chibuike Joseph Chukwudum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by dayleke: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2017
This is really pathetic .....
Tori Olorun....
The doc should have just told them it's not his line or referred them na...
All cos of money?
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Boyooosa(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2017
Mizsylviah:
Catastrophe!!!!!!
The story is long anyway, so I don't expect u to read it truly. grin
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by mylifeisagift(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2017
This is highly reprehensible
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by hopyroll(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Click like if you didn't read the post atall share if you do
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by samskin(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
proves... or I don't believe.
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by telim: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2017
Nigerian doctors can only treat malaria and typhoid. If you are suffering from any other illness just vamooze the country or stick to agbo
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2017
I didn't read, but from the title, we have more professional quack doctors than the ones that know why they went to medical school

1 Like

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by thedondada(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Sad.
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Mizsylviah(f): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2017
Boyooosa:

The story is long anyway, so I don't expect u to read it truly. grin
Na u get my reading spirit......Lol
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2017
undecided
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by infogenius(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
Quite unfortunate.
The surgery was never needed as Gynapharm would have taken care of the cyst.

I wish her quick recovery and her family well
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by ipobarecriminals: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2017
sad sad
joeeee240:
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU ATTEND MEDICAL SCHOOL IN USELESS FEDERAL SCHOOL OR A PRIVATE SCHOOL
undecided
joeeee240:
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU ATTEND MEDICAL SCHOOL IN USELESS FEDERAL SCHOOL OR A PRIVATE SCHOOL
so which one u attend Mr joromi?Moon star university?
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by joeeee240(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad sad undecidedso which one u attend Mr joromi?Moon star university?

SHUT UP
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Boyooosa(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Mizsylviah:
Na u get my reading spirit......Lol
Thank God we still have some honest pple in our country... In case u read it later, pks don't hesitate to summarise it for me because am monitoring some phishings here.
Thanks for anticipated help.
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by ipobarecriminals: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2017
cool sad cheesy grin wink cheesy grin wink cheesy grin grin wink grin
joeeee240:

SHUT UP
cool
joeeee240:

SHUT UP
If u can tell elder in ur household from 45 upward to shut up,good for u.
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by joeeee240(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
cool sad cheesy grin wink cheesy grin wink cheesy grin grin wink grin coolIf u can tell elder in ur household from 45 upward to shut up,good for u.

IF YOU LIKE BE 80. STILL SHUT UP

1 Like

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by dingbang(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2017
This is why Nigerians prefer to travel abroad to be treated because Nigerian medical students and doctors have nothing upstairs again
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by 9jaDoc(f): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Lieyel09(m): 9:19am On Oct 15, 2017
This is the problem with many of this private hospitals. Dabbling into matters beyond their area of expertise. Few questions are tho

1. Is the CMD of the said hosp a qualified gynaecologist?
2. Was there a general surgeon with him in theatre during the surgery?
3. What happens to fully confirming the patency and presence of the fallopian tubes with HSG before surgery?
4. Was it really worth all this trouble?

My take is that the CMD ff up big time, and will likely be found wanting. He is not just at risk of losing his license but will face a heavy fine (compensation) and possibly criminal action. I didn't expect this from a senior colleague with 30 years experience.

just sad

3 Likes

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2017
from fry pan to fire

if he had gotten her pregnant before marriage all these would ve been prevented

TEST BEFORE YOU LEAP!!!
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Emperor119(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2017
dre11:

Double tragedy: Abuja couple set out in search of child but got intestines twisted by doctor

http://sunnewsonline.com/double-tragedy-2/

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by kingPhidel(m): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Can someone summarize this sociology note!
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Adaomalight(f): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2017
Ritualist
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Neminc: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2017
Tragic
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by kinguwem: 10:21am On Oct 15, 2017
The story is pathetic, however there are some issues. We were not informed of the specialty of the doctor & the age of the woman.
If the lady had subfertility with ovarian cyst, all the investigations including an HSG should have been done before the surgery.
What was the cause of the subfertility? Probably pelvic inflammatory disease which resulted in the frozen pelvic making it difficult to see the uterus and fallopian tubes. Meaning they were not removed but were buried in the pelvic adhesions. The adhesions must have involved the bowels resulting in intestinal perforation while trying to free them. These are things that can happen during an abdominal surgery. The problem started when the surgeon did only a primary repair of the injured intestine without performing an ileostomy (opening a passage for faeces) to aid in healing of the bowel. During follow up, with the patient now having a distended abdomen he should have know that faeces were collecting in the abdominal cavity. He should have reopened the abdomen or refer the patient to a facility with a general surgeon.
The good thing is that the lady is still alive but her chances of conception is slim.

1 Like

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Pennywise(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2017
infogenius:
Quite unfortunate.
The surgery was never needed as Gynapharm would have taken care of the cyst.

I wish her quick recovery and her family well

Pls readers should disregard this recommendation of Gynapharm as treatment for ovarian cyst. It is a herbal fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by kinguwem: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2017
Lieyel09:
This is the problem with many of this private hospitals. Dabbling into matters beyond their area of expertise. Few questions are tho

3. What happens to fully confirming the patency and presence of the fallopian tubes with HSG before surgery?

My take is that the CMD ff up big time, and will likely be found wanting. He is not just at risk of losing his license but will face a heavy fine (compensation) and possibly criminal action. I didn't expect this from a senior colleague with 30 years experience.

just sad
The issue is, was the surgery necessary considering the size of the cyst. A single ultrasound scan is not enough to assess a cyst especially when it was done elsewhere. Removing a cyst is not a treatment for subfertility.
The couple were anxious and needed extensive counselling.
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by lovingyouhun: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Boyooosa:
Godamnit! Fuuuuuuck!

MW, am waiting for the person that would claim that s/he read the full story....

I read the full story, it's really Sad, medical terminology can be boring sometimes, don't worry, I understand.

Been together since 2012, no child, consulted a Dr for assistance, precisely a CONSULTANT, who suggested an operation after an ultrasound scan showed she has Ovarian cyst.
The Dr is believed to have removed the woman's 2 ovaries and Fallopian tubes------this implies she can only have Children via IVF or adopt one since she only has a womb left without Fallopian tubes or ovaries. Was said to have also made several cuts on her small intestine, Now she can't pass stool and is currently at Maitama General Hospital were she has had 2 surgeries done already to help save her life
This should be short enough for you, manage it.

1 Like

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2017
Lieyel09:

just sad

Your first question should have been ''is the said 'CMD' a doctor''

1 Like

Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Matrixluv: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2017
It's not always easy but God can still do a new thing
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by Celsony: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2017
End Time doctor The name of the clinic self carry a red flag (NIQUAD) = Quack
Re: Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) by helpee(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2017
kinguwem:
The story is pathetic, however there are some issues. We were not informed of the specialty of the doctor & the age of the woman.
If the lady had subfertility with ovarian cyst, all the investigations including an HSG should have been done before the surgery.
What was the cause of the subfertility? Probably pelvic inflammatory disease which resulted in the frozen pelvic making it difficult to see the uterus and fallopian tubes. Meaning they were not removed but were buried in the pelvic adhesions. The adhesions must have involved the bowels resulting in intestinal perforation while trying to free them. These are things that can happen during an abdominal surgery. The problem started when the surgeon did only a primary repair of the injured intestine without performing an ileostomy (opening a passage for faeces) to aid in healing of the bowel. During follow up, with the patient now having a distended abdomen he should have know that faeces were collecting in the abdominal cavity. He should have reopened the abdomen or refer the patient to a facility with a general surgeon.
The good thing is that the lady is still alive but her chances of conception is slim.
i dont think the cyst was removed because of infertility. It was probably symptomatic otherwise there is no rationale behind removing a cyst as a treatment for infertility. Secondly the cost of the surgery was 45k. Hello. In abuja you are removing cyst with 45k and you dont expect complication? That is just about 100 euro. Either the doctor is not a doctor....no doctor in practise for 30yrs will remove cyst for 45k. And a post op patient is not moving bowel the next thing you gave liquid paraffin. That cant be an experienced doctor with 30yrs in practise. Even if you mistakenly rent the gut it is not going to be in multiple places and the two ovaries and tubes wont be missing. I can bet it.....he is not a doctor!!! And patient too that went to remove a cyst with 45k ....they were looking for the cheapest and the man took advantage of them. I wont stop saying this. HEALTHCARE IS EXPENSIVE. NIGERIANS MUST LEARN HOW TO PAY FOR IT. DONT BE PENNYWISE POUND FOOLISH.

MODIFIED: you dont always have to do ileostomy during a resection. Even the referral centre did the 2nd surgery without ileostomy and only went back for it after a breakdown of the anastomosis

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Freedom Omoifoh, Sick Italy Based Nigerian, Solicits To Be Sent Home / Covid-19: Alibaba Group Donates 1.1 Milion Test Kits To African Countries / Kano To Rely On ‘Verbal’ Autopsy For Mysterious Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.