Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Don't Let Them Burn Me (A Short Horror Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Don't Let Them Burn Me (A Short Horror Story) (526 Views)

Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building / Short Horror Flash Fiction "We Are Here" / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let Them Burn Me (A Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
I'm going to spread his ashes in the rose garden. I think to myself, sure that that's what he would have liked, the door bell rings. Must be the guys from the crematorium. I open the door, it's them and what's left of my father in a small gold-plated metal can. Seeing it brings fresh tears to my eyes. I sign some papers and collect the remains.

As I place the urn on the table, the telephone rings. I'm surprised, I already told everyone I knew that I wasn't going to be able to answer any calls today. I let it ring. But it doesn't stop, I lost count after twenty four rings and now I'm perplexed, angry and curious.

"Whoever you are, you need to get a life!" I yell into the phone.

No one replies, all I can hear is heavy breathing.

"Hello?"

A slight wheeze.

"Hello?"

More heavy breathing.

I'm about to hang up when I hear a voice, an unmistakable voice, say, "Is that Isabella?"

My blood runs cold, my legs feel like rubber, a thin sheet of perspiration breaks out on my skin, even in the slightly chilly morning. I recognize the voice.

"Pl... Please don't let them b...burn me"

It's the voice of my father. My dead father.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother-in-law - Episode 13 / Love And Lies (part 1) / Danger Of Blood Covenant Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.