Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. (1122 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Joephat(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2017
I was directed to meet this guy called Paul. A fake visa Agent. I gave him my passport, later on I discovered that he is not the main Agent, that he is working for a man whom he doesn't want me to meet in person.

I told him not to proceed with the visa application that I don't need it anymore, he started demanding $150. According to him, the money is for the invitation letter that was applied on my behalf.

I promised to pay for the invitation only if I see the invitation. Yesterday, I called him n he said that I should be patient with him. I vividly told him that I don't need the visa again and he cut my calls and haven't be picking my calls anymore.

What do I please?
Do I need to involve the police?
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by pat1612(m): 9:01am On Oct 12, 2017
Joephat:
I was directed to meet this guy called Paul. A fake visa Agent. I gave him my passport, later on I discovered that he is not the main Agent, that he is working for a man whom he doesn't want me to meet in person.

I told him not to proceed with the visa application that I don't need it anymore, he started demanding $150. According to him, the money is for the invitation letter that was applied on my behalf.

I promised to pay for the invitation only if I see the invitation. Yesterday, I called him n he said that I should be patient with him. I vividly told him that I don't need the visa again and he cut my calls and haven't be picking my calls anymore.

What do I please?
Do I need to involve the police?
Yes involve police give them small change because as per law passport is property of nation and u are just lawful holder of it.
The guy has committed crime.please collect your passport or report loss as it can be misuse by criminals.
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Joephat(m): 9:16am On Oct 12, 2017
pat1612:

Yes involve police give them small change because as per law passport is property of nation and u are just lawful holder of it.
The guy has committed crime.please collect your passport or report loss as it can be misuse by criminals.

I am scared if police won't turn against me maybe after collecting bigger money from the guy
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Saintsquare(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2017
Joephat:

I am scared if police won't turn against me maybe after collecting bigger money from the guy
u no get friend for SARS office or army?

1 Like

Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Joephat(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2017
Saintsquare:
u no get friend for SARS office or army?

I don't have, I don't know if u can help me.

He stays in ikotun n I am in mushin
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Saintsquare(m): 11:46am On Oct 12, 2017
Joephat:

I don't have, I don't know if u can help me.

He stays in ikotun n I am in mushin
sorry I no stay for lag o,but I believe you can talk to someone to link with a trusted SARS officer, narrate your ordeal to him. That agent will release the passport,sometimes one gotta act strict and go extra miles when dealing with agents.
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by Joephat(m): 11:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Saintsquare:
sorry I no stay for lag o,but I believe you can talk to someone to link with a trusted SARS officer, narrate your ordeal to him. That agent will release the passport,sometimes one gotta act strict and go extra miles when dealing with agents.

OK boss
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by seunny4lif(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2017
Involve police now before someone drop your passport some where.
Passport is always the last thing to play with, even in German and co, only photocopy are needed on till the real deal is up
Re: Help: A Visa Agent Has Seized My Passport. by pat1612(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Joephat:

They cant because passport is very important document and it cannot be hold by anybody for blackmail.
Don't worry i have been their and police have to act if not just give a missing passport report to police show same to agent he will release it and then you can go to police and tell them u have found it

(1) (Reply)

See How Helicopter Saved People From Ship In Norway / In Need Of Affordable Accommodation In Ilorin / Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.