Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord (22891 Views)

Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 / 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry / Toyota Camry(2000-2001) Vs Honda Accord(2001-2002) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by gregg2: 5:56am On Jun 14, 2012
Go for the '05 Honda.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2012
@Onwan:
I choose to differ but will have to side with the C class yeah it will cost more fuel and a chunk of change to maintain but overall you would be better going for the C class esp if you are going to be making very long trips Hondas don't handle long trips really well(like Benin to Lagos?).
And the 190 Benz is a very very strong car, my cousin used his through out our unilag days driving from Ogudu to Unilag everyday through terrible Ikorodu road traffic for 5 years and still gave it to his younger brother that used it for another 3 years but the 190 was I think.an American spec.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 14, 2012
Another Okija: vs.

Which would you rather pick...

I say go for the Mercedes....

The Benz for me grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by femmy2010(m): 7:57am On Jun 14, 2012
I do go for the classy Benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by onome25(m): 8:12am On Jun 14, 2012
my brother go for my benz type nah,it looks too mature & it is meant for big boys like us o.k.i don.t drive my honda offten because it is too common but the benz , u don.t see it offten & thats the class of German product.it.s like u watching
HOLLAND vs GERMANY the result can be very annoying:0-2!!!
benz all the way my brother
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Trac: 8:16am On Jun 14, 2012
Denn:

Why quote emotional statistics? If one single guy posts his dislike for the 190 on a gay website, does that make it a declaration from mercedes? Give us a reference please. Have you heard that the 190 is the most engineered benz to be developed in the eighties? You can hit google for more information on the 190 which is now turning to a classic. And for your 'fact' about people having more C class to sell, have you ever given it a tthought that the cheapest benz sedan before the advent of the A class was the C class? More people buy C class brand new so they have more to sell fairly used than the E and G classes. Same thing for 3 series BMW as against the 7 series

It's a two year old thread plus there are certain opinions you don't answer to because it's just waste. The mere fact that the 2.3-16v was compared to the C Class should have been red flag.

@the main thread:

The correct counsel would be the Honda. Anyone that says otherwise with respect to the original poster's initial thread is either being dishonest to himself or lacks the understanding of the Merc-in-question's ownership.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Jun 14, 2012
obaf: Have used both,when u talk of reliability, go for C class,it served well for 4yrs! Just sold it dis year! Now using Honda 05,which is more flexible & comfortable! I think u should go for Honda, its newer & more prestigious!
The call is urs. C class engine doesn't die! But u can't drive Honda in d flood of water!
But C class is rugged!

Gba be !!!!!!
My 1998 C-class Kompressor coupe is my everyday car. I challenge anyone with an Honda '05 for a race cool cool cool
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Zulele: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2012
After analysing the debate about the two cars,my verdict is the op should go for the benz if he has the money to take care of it. But if not,the honda it is grin
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by emyworld: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2012
@Yinkobert,

I have driven both cars. The benz is stronger, durable and reliable. The Honda is beautiful and comfortable. I cannot travel with the honda and not effect repairs. I can travel with the benz and everything is still intact. For me, i prefer the benz because of the efficiency and durability. Its a car for travel and also a utility car. I use mine to go to everywhere and anywhere with minimal damage. The Honda is a bit delicate but in terms of aesthetics, you will enjoy it, but in terms of what you stand to gain from a ride, such as reliabilty, durability, ruggedity, go for the benz. presently i use 1998 c-200, and its wonderful. The parts are so cheap. and it serves me well. I prefer my Benz joooooooooooooooo! no story.@Yinkobert,

I have driven both cars. The benz is stronger, durable and reliable. The Honda is beautiful and comfortable. I cannot travel with the honda and not effect repairs. I can travel with the benz and everything is still intact. For me, i prefer the benz because of the efficiency and durability. Its a car for travel and also a utility car. I use mine to go to everywhere and anywhere with minimal damage. The Honda is a bit delicate but in terms of aesthetics, you will enjoy it, but in terms of what you stand to gain from a ride, such as reliabilty, durability, ruggedity, go for the benz. presently i use 1998 c-200, and its wonderful. The parts are so cheap. and it serves me well. I prefer my Benz joooooooooooooooo! no story.
@Yinkobert,

I have driven both cars. The benz is stronger, durable and reliable. The Honda is beautiful and comfortable. I cannot travel with the honda and not effect repairs. I can travel with the benz and everything is still intact. For me, i prefer the benz because of the efficiency and durability. Its a car for travel and also a utility car. I use mine to go to everywhere and anywhere with minimal damage. The Honda is a bit delicate but in terms of aesthetics, you will enjoy it, but in terms of what you stand to gain from a ride, such as reliabilty, durability, ruggedity, go for the benz. presently i use 1998 c-200, and its wonderful. The parts are so cheap. and it serves me well. I prefer my Benz joooooooooooooooo! no story.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2012
Only the Elites makes use of Benz.... I don't see you in that class... I would rather advice you to stick to your class... wink
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Demdem(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2012
emyworld: @Yinkobert,

I would have said the above bolded also but because i dont have the necessary facts to compare i held my peace. One thing is sure though, the parts cost arent killing at all.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Krucifax(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2012
@ OP and other posters if you want real advise you need to specify which reg of the cars you are looking to buy. The C Class for example has (Y reg, X reg,T reg,51 reg). Also are you looking at an estate,coupe or saloon version?
They are each different from the other like chalk to cheese in performance,maintenance,running costs. My dad had a Honda but my second and third cars have all been Mercs, C & CLK respectively.
In a nutshell the C Class Mercedes is an overall better car without debate,it is also Mercedes best selling model go and check their websites if you doubt me. However there are mitigating factors you might consider that may make the Honda a better choice for "you". These factors essentially revolve around cost,the Merc is a prestige car with prestige prices to match. However using economies of scale you are more likely to have faults with the Honda than the Merc (hypothetically speaking for every one Merc breakdown you'll probably have three with the Honda) so the Merc may still work out cheaper. This is all subject to the condition it was in at time of purchase.
I've pulled a little stat for you and as you didn't specify reg or body type i went with the flow.

HONDA ACCORD VS MERCEDES C-CLASS

25 Reg 2005 Saloon vs Y Reg 2001 Saloon
Engine Size 2.0 L Petrol vs 2.0 L Petrol
Transmission Manual vs Manual
MPG 36.7 vs 29.1 (Miles Per Gallon)
Fuel Tank 65 Litres vs 62 Litres
Warranty 3Years, 90K Miles vs 3 Years, Unlimited
Top Speed 136 Mph vs 144 Mph (Miles Per Hour)
Engine Power 155 Bhp vs 163 Bhp (Break Horse Power)
Cylinders 4 vs 4
Weight 1920 Kg vs 1970Kg

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by bisi16(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2012
Onwan:
Save him from Injector problems, you know the complete manifold costs over 45k, and remember that from Ikeja to VI everyday is over 70Km - totaling about 140Km daily use

Say u dey go Ibadan?.. Do ur calculations well bro. And for me, I'll go d german machines any day.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2012
The W203 C-class (2001-2006) is a joy to drive, but reliability is a major problem. The 05 accord will be cheaper to run, if maintenance costs matter to u, avoid the w203 (especially the early model yrs).
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by omar22(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2012
If its a C180, C200 or C220 then I would choose the Honda Accord, but if its a C240, C320 or C 32 AMG then I would choose the Mercedes Benz

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by BusHouse(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2012
190: see my name being mentioned everywhere

the 190! grin grin grin
Becos u na baba an u b broda 2 german mistake. Lol.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2012
NL experts,

my 2005 Honda Accord does not have swift movement at start, most especially when the A/C is on, I mean it drags. The plugs are working fine and I serviced the nozzles not quit long. Can it be from the fuel pump? Please help.

Or post your reply on the thread https://www.nairaland.com/963569/help-2005-honda-accord
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by gat2so(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2012
George_D: onwan, you can't eat your cake and have it. there is a reason why most japanese cars are so called fuel efficient and there's a reason why some (not all, mind you) german cars are seen to be fuel consumers. if your technically inclined you will know that it requires more power, hence more fuel to move a heavy object as opposed to a lighter one. the germans make their cars with the best quality alloy metals which are heavier than the lighter, cheaper alloys used to manufacture japanese cars. what is the result? the german car will require more fuel to move it around but what you spend on fuel, you also gain in terms of less wear on your engine parts due to heavier and better alloy metals. for the japanese on other hand, you gain less fuel consumption but you lose in faster wear and tear of your engine. the money you save on less fuel, your just saving it to overhaul your engine after 3 to 4 years!

tell you what, i stayed in a compound where my landlady was driving one of these cheap japanese cars. i on the other hand was driving a german build. over 4 yrs she had ringed her car engine twice and for me, i can tell you i been driving my car now for close to 9yrs and never seen the inside of the engine! when i start the car in the morning, it still spews steam like brand new! you can't try that with cheap japanese cars! cool
George_D: onwan, you can't eat your cake and have it. there is a reason why most japanese cars are so called fuel efficient and there's a reason why some (not all, mind you) german cars are seen to be fuel consumers. if your technically inclined you will know that it requires more power, hence more fuel to move a heavy object as opposed to a lighter one. the germans make their cars with the best quality alloy metals which are heavier than the lighter, cheaper alloys used to manufacture japanese cars. what is the result? the german car will require more fuel to move it around but what you spend on fuel, you also gain in terms of less wear on your engine parts due to heavier and better alloy metals. for the japanese on other hand, you gain less fuel consumption but you lose in faster wear and tear of your engine. the money you save on less fuel, your just saving it to overhaul your engine after 3 to 4 years!

tell you what, i stayed in a compound where my landlady was driving one of these cheap japanese cars. i on the other hand was driving a german build. over 4 yrs she had ringed her car engine twice and for me, i can tell you i been driving my car now for close to 9yrs and never seen the inside of the engine! when i start the car in the morning, it still spews steam like brand new! you can't try that with cheap japanese cars! cool

You are good with ur analysts ....I believe you but mind you I have being using a 1989 toyota camry which they popularly call as japanese mistake....the car is rugged durable and easy to maintain...and I have being using the machine since 2003 till now I have never see the inner part of the engine ...the only thing done on it is just to service and change the plug thrice since the first day I bought it ...if not for the absent of AC and people mocking me to be BABA ijebu I would bet it with you the car can be pick in the midnight and face any where in *NG*.....thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by myfriend1(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2012
please go for the benz. in terms of quality maintenance, durabilty, comfort and genuine original parts never you compare honda with benz. with benz you dont have five different part for one vehicle, the honda you are talking about has american spec, canada spec, european spec and asia cpect all these specs has the same bldy but diiferent parts in modification. wich does not apply to benz. thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by gat2so(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2012

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
D black C-Class in dt pix is more of a 2002 model and not a 2001 (of cus I cud be wrong). 2ndly I consider it a shame on Honda dt we av to compare a 01/02 Benz wit a 05 Honda (ever wondered d outcome of d comparison of a year for year Benz vs Honda? As in 2005 vs 2005). Lastly,....dia ain't no gadget in dt Honda dt dt Benz doesn't possess,....wit extraa sef!!! Simply ask anybody using dt Benz. A collegue at work got one last year August,....he hasn't serviced it once since den (d car alerts u on d dash when its due 4 service) and he drives it weekly 2 Abuja frm Jos to & fro!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Seyilome(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
For those of u who dont know,Japan technology is the best.german autos are no more seeing on the road but at a twinkle of an eye u would see many honda prdct on the road.let me u all dont support product because u own one.say fact.german autos are olden technology made of iron only with liability on u.pls go for HONDA
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by eamodu(m): 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
yinkobert: please kindly advise me which one is better between Mercedes Benz c class 2001 and 05 Honda accord in terms of maintenance, durablility ,spare parts and comfortability.Because I am thinking of buying of one them.

pls can som1 tell me d price of d 2 cars?i.e C class 2001 and dat of 05 hondasmiley.make i choose from.toks nt used once.delivered 2 lag.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Fixed: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
My response is more of the maintenance of 05 Accord than comparison with C Class.

I presently drive an 05 Accord top of the range (i.e. V6 + Navigation). Men I love my car. The take off from stand still is just too superb. Unless you want to break your neck, the 3.0ltr engine gives you more than enough power that you need on our roads in Nigeria. Fuel economy was comparable to any good Japanese 4 cylinder car if you catch my drift. It does 570km in town and 750km on the express on my full tank of 72ltrs. My brother and I took turns many times to do long distance journey with it and it never disappointed one second. It's just a practical car. I averaged 20,000 miles/year on it. Infact, it hit the 100,000 miles mark last week. No transmission issues as reported with the earlier models.

If there is anything I love, it's the very generous interior space as I am family man. I personnaly detest that big mid-ridge on the floor of the back seat of Merceds cars. Of course I know its typical of back wheel drive vehicles, just that it doesn't catch my fancy. The back seat of Benz cars, even the newer models, appear to be 2-seater to me.

Maintenance wise, front brake pads of Accord cost me 5K in Abuja and lasts me more than 7000+ miles. The back brake pads cost far less. Oil change for my V6 is 1 Gallon + 1ltr of Mobil XHP + oil filter < or = N5,000 and I change it at 6000 miles. I've hard to regrind the discs which was delivered warped for 3k, recently changed the back hubs for 21k as i didn't like the noise from one of them. Had a progressive whining noise from the power steering pump, had to change the 'O' ring which I ordered from US for 85 cents as I could not get it from Abuja. Infact, my mech almost changed the entire pump for 30k were it not for some Accord forums that I visited online. I have never changed the plugs since I bought it, it ain't broken why fix it. Apologies if that touches some nerves. The booth lock release cable got damaged and I replaced it for 7k.

A friend that wrecked his frontal changed the hood for 17k, hood shocks 6k, bumper 12k, right fender(?) 7k, pair of new head lights 14k.

For me, it is safe to conclude that the 2005 Honda Accord will sure serve you well and digs no hole in your pocket though I cannot compare it to the C class. I only drove a 19 year old Benz 190 for 5 years and men, it was more of suffering than smiling.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by kuntash: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2012
after reading many posts on this thread, I just realized that an entry level of Mercedes is being compared with the executive of a Japanese Honda car.... Honda accord is the executive model for Honda cars... while the Mercedes C class is the entry level - despite this, aside whatever my opinion is about this debate, I am happy with the result - many poster tipped the Mercedes as by far better.

Ordinarily it should be Accord vs an E-class, (say, 2003 Benz E-320), C-class vs Honda Civic, etc..

I never regretted selling my toyota camry I bought as tokunbo after buying a naija used Mercedes - C200, this even prompted me to start a thread on Nairaland- "Mercedes Benz thread" - (https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread) - visit and get more benz details

God help you to get a good mechanic for any car, if you have used a Benz, Audi or BMW before, it might be so difficult for you to drive any other car, especially Japanese...

simply put there is a feeling you get when u drive most German cars, u dont get it with Honda accord.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Trac: 8:34am On Jun 15, 2012
kuntash: after reading many posts on this thread, I just realized that an entry level of Mercedes is being compared with the executive of a Japanese Honda car.... Honda accord is the executive model for Honda cars... while the Mercedes C class is the entry level - despite this, aside whatever my opinion is about this debate, I am happy with the result - many poster tipped the Mercedes as by far better.

Ordinarily it should be Accord vs an E-class, (say, 2003 Benz E-320), C-class vs Honda Civic, etc..

I never regretted selling my toyota camry that I bought tokunbo after I bought a naija used Mercedes - C200, this even prompted me to start a thread on Nairaland- "Mercedes Benz thread" - (https://www.nairaland.com/520025/mercedes-benz-thread) - visit and get more benze details

God help you to get a good mechanic for any car, if you have used a Benz, Audi or BMW before, it might be so difficult for you to drive any other car, especially Japanese...

simply put there is a feeling you get when u drive most german cars, u dont get it with Honda accord.

Kuntash, majority of the questionable suggestions are from people that don't own a Mercedes; let alone those clueless about Mercedes-ownership. The conclusions of some are decades old. The 203 is a needy vehicle and the post-war philosophy was not in this design. It is an expensive vehicle to upkeep and the merits you get is not worth the money and time you will pay in ownership. If you cannot do your own repairs, you are best with something else. It's not also benzy in ride-quality. The build quality is also poor. Delete the price constant, it is not a match with the Honda in question. Both cars are disposable. Mercedes' heritage was not a factor in the construction of that build.

platinumricky: The W203 C-class (2001-2006) is a joy to drive, but reliability is a major problem. The 05 accord will be cheaper to run, if maintenance costs matter to u, avoid the w203 (especially the early model yrs).

This is the answer to the first post in black & white.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2012
Emperoh: Only if u guys don't know that The German dudes are 5-8yrs ahead of the Japanese in terms of innovations!
what u see in 2001 C Class is what Honda and Toyota are still about to do.
Performance is also better in the Benz. . . . . . . . .the only reason why i won't go for the Benz is cost of maintenance
I can assure u Poster that what u have in the 2001 Benz is either on that Accord or yet to be featured!!

Do your checks and get back to us!! Them no be mate!!!
This post is blessed! #Final
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2012
Onwan: @Emperoh
Please take no offence in this;

I am a fan of German builds - and I'm saying this based on my experience and ownership of their cars, there is one thing the 05 Accord will offer that you wont have from the 01 C Class - Everyday reliability and comfort.

The C Class is rugged, but an unstable vehicle, Its better for someone who has other cars to support it - it gives you minor issues from hard starting to injector issues, and its parts are not cheap. Overall, it will last a very long time; body-wise and build but you cant bet on it.

The Accord is simply an everyday comfortable ride - NOT RUGGED especially body and shafts BUT for the 05, the comfort and gadgets you will enjoy will be way worth the cost of keeping those things at bay. Some models of the Honda are simply too fragile and have those faults coming up very frequently BUT NOT the 05 Honda Accord.
have you ever asked yourself why there are so many camera and 05 Accords for sale on here? Does that mean they're bad cars too? Man C'mon. You should rather encourage him to buy the Accord because it is cheaper to run and maintain and not because it's better because it ain't! The 190 on the other hAnd has no such record with Mercedes Benz! That lil runner beats my mothers highlander v6 4WD on the highway mehn!!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2012
Please take no offence in this;

I am a fan of German builds - and I'm saying this based on my experience and ownership of their cars, there is one thing the 05 Accord will offer that you wont have from the 01 C Class - Everyday reliability and comfort.

The C Class is rugged, but an unstable vehicle, Its better for someone who has other cars to support it - it gives you minor issues from hard starting to injector issues, and its parts are not cheap. Overall, it will last a very long time; body-wise and build but you cant bet on it.

The Accord is simply an everyday comfortable ride - NOT RUGGED especially body and shafts BUT for the 05, the comfort and gadgets you will enjoy will be way worth the cost of keeping those things at bay. Some models of the Honda are simply too fragile and have those faults coming up very frequently BUT NOT the 05 Honda Accord.
have you ever asked yourself why there are so many camera and 05 Accords for sale on here? Does that mean they're bad cars too? Man C'mon. You should rather encourage him to buy the Accord because it is cheaper to run and maintain and not because it's better because it ain't! The 190 on the other hAnd has no such record with Mercedes Benz! That lil runner beats my mothers highlander v6 4WD on the highway mehn!!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
For[color=#000099][/color] those of u who dont know,Japan technology is the best.german autos are no more seeing on the road but at a twinkle of an eye u would see many honda prdct on the road.let me u all dont support product because u own one.say fact.german autos are olden technology made of iron only with liability on u.pls go for HONDA
@ seyi.... Pls take no offence in this,I am very sure you have not used or been familiar with the MB.The mercedez is designed for people with class, Like MDs and CEOs unlike other brands.look @ this argument and see its comparing a 2001 to 2005.imagine if it was 2005 &
2005 compared.The cost of a benz same year will buy 2 Hondas or Toyotas especially the S class benz
Like some benz lovers have posted here,truth is the C2001 popularly known as 203, I have experienced in benz to be quite funny,this I think is a result of technicians they use,I have seen several of it nigerian used advertised foe even far lower than the older E Class or even C class,the 203 is a bit problematic once you allow inexperienced technicians work on it.

For me always benz all the way,if I drive other brands they seem fragile like toys for kids
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by auhanson(m): 3:29am On Apr 07, 2013
Thanks for your response.

Most people that buy the Honda Accord are everyday users; like employees, bankers, etc - they drive it everyday; I don't know about your mum's driving BUT I'm pretty sure she wont be using it like an average male driver.

Ive never owned a C Class but bought a 190 once and an E320. The E Class can handle an everyday usage BUT will need some serious periodic checks so as not to depreciate terribly (Money), For the 190 (contrary to your own experience) which was to be like a pool ride BUT just not practical, so had to do away with it. The mechanic simply becomes your "god".

The thing is that the Mercedes C Class will last a very long time because its built to be rugged, BUT If you will drive it as an everyday ride, you will spend so much. They are better as travel or leisure rides BUT the Honda is a guaranteed everyday everyday driver without spending too much - and the comfort is worth every cent you spend.

You might also want to consider fuel economy on the long run.

Well! i have owned my 190 for 6 years now as everyday knock about vehicle without any hassle and it still look like new with everything still intacts and functional. The problems with the ones you have own or see is compromises of either the mecho or the owner,with very poor maintenace or some useless tampered conversions off the factory settings..you'll hate this car like hell if you run it this way. But, if left at factory fittings you'll find it very difficult to let go off it. I only got tired of my 190, tho still kept as backup and got myself a Cclass just for upgrade and for fuel economy, because its perfect with the c just like any Jap cars. My C now act as everyday knockabout vehicle without any hassle once i got my electrical components right. I am confidence going anyway with it/travelling at anytime anyday just like i do with my 190. Above all, it has an extended period(a year plus) of maintenance/servicing making it so cheap to own at the long run compared to Jap models and with a very low running cost.You hadly change any parts all year round(for years) apart from wear component like the brake pad and servicing the electrical components.The suspension system are stronger and last longer than that of even Japanese SUV's

I wont comment on honda cause i have only driven it for very few times and never own one before. But if it is to go by what i see those who owns it suffer; ranging from serious suspension issues; to gearbox problems; stearing ache issues and; engine timing belt catastrophy; then count me off honda ride no matter how fine the interior could attract.
Re: Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord by searchng4love: 2:28am On Nov 25, 2023
Interesting read

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) / 2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price) / Acura Type-s, Successor To The Acura TLX Sedan, Unveiled - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.