Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 (7946 Views)

Urgent Advice Needed: Choice Between 1999 & 2001 Mercedes Benz C Class. / Toyota Camry(2000-2001) Vs Honda Accord(2001-2002) / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by AUSTAAI(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
A friend of mine wants to get her first car and Toyota being a pocket friendly brand has made her settle for it. The confusion now is which year to go for.
Nairalanders, i don tell am to buy Corolla wey dey feminine or 2005 Camry since she likes them big but no, she wan compare everything before making her mind up.

Abeg, make una help me tell am which one better pass. Me sef i no know.

Thank yo
Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by AUSTAAI(m): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
45 views, no comments. Which kind rough play be dat one?

Comments please.
Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by Syenite(m): 7:35am On Jul 26, 2014
It depends on her pocket.If she can afford both let her go for big for nothing. The more recent the better.
Btw the big for nothing range extended to 2006 as against the 2002-2005 range u mentioned.
Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 26, 2014
I hate pencil light and Bluetooth Camry (Camry 1997-2000) because of its shape and interior. Although its very durable, mehn that car is like a cat with 9 lives. It can accept being thoroughly beaten and it wouldn't easily bite unlike recent Camry's. The car comes in either 2.2 i4 or 3.0 v6 mated to either a 4speed auto w O/D or a 5 speed manual (don't even bother searching for the 5 speed manual, its almost like a white elephant project unless you get a JDM or Australian market brand) usual issues with the car is its low ground clearance (don't raise it up or add any stuff to alter its suspension unless you'd get a car that easily fish tail and would be a death trap) that vehicle has a high affinity to destroy struts basically not its fault, North Nmerican specs struts are too soft tuned and they easily go bad especially when abused by Nigerians and our roads, prehistoric exterior, and an interior dating 5000BC is another burden. Sensors oh yes, sensors especially catalytic sensors, O2 sensors are another issue, oil sludge in V6 models., yes, the leather, woodwork and silver you think you're seeing is fake, pseudo, nothing but trinkets. The perceived wood design is actually painted plastics, leather is actually vinyl. Be careful to use genuine Toyota products and stick to manufacturer's specs fluids or you'd get seriously bitten by this car.

Yes bread motor abi na canvass motor AKA big for nothing, Big big daddy one over bloated designed vehicle (Camry 2003-2006) due to its its size and its interior dimension which is quite large and empty (so does people perceive) its good but not as durable as pencil light. It sports either a 2.4l i4 or a 3.3 V6 which makes that car quite fast. when boring exterior meets boring interior you'd get disaster outlook dot com. For 2.4l i4 the usual ish is stripped bolts head, which would require you to buy a new engine that's a fault in the engine design, yes, the leather, woodwork and silver you think you're seeing is fake, pseudo, nothing but trinkets. The perceived wood design is actually painted plastics, leather is actually vinyl. Be careful to use genuine Toyota products and stick to manufacturer's specs fluids or you'd get seriously bitten by this car. Truss me highlander was made from the platform of this car.

Op I don try na

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2014
lomomike: I hate pencil light and Bluetooth Camry (Camry 1997-2000) because of its shape and interior. Although its very durable, mehn that car is like a cat with 9 lives. It can accept being thoroughly beaten and it wouldn't easily bite unlike recent Camry's. The car comes in either 2.2 i4 or 3.0 v6 mated to either a 4speed auto w O/D or a 5 speed manual (don't even bother searching for the 5 speed manual, its almost like a white elephant project unless you get a JDM or Australian market brand) usual issues with the car is its low ground clearance (don't raise it up or add any stuff to alter its suspension unless you'd get a car that easily fish tail and would be a death trap) that vehicle has a high affinity to destroy struts basically not its fault, North Nmerican specs struts are too soft tuned and they easily go bad especially when abused by Nigerians and our roads, prehistoric exterior, and an interior dating 5000BC is another burden. Sensors oh yes, sensors especially catalytic sensors, O2 sensors are another issue, oil sludge in V6 models., yes, the leather, woodwork and silver you think you're seeing is fake, pseudo, nothing but trinkets. The perceived wood design is actually painted plastics, leather is actually vinyl. Be careful to use genuine Toyota products and stick to manufacturer's specs fluids or you'd get seriously bitten by this car.

Yes bread motor abi na canvass motor AKA big for nothing, Big big daddy one over bloated designed vehicle (Camry 2003-2006) due to its its size and its interior dimension which is quite large and empty (so does people perceive) its good but not as durable as pencil light. It sports either a 2.4l i4 or a 3.3 V6 which makes that car quite fast. when boring exterior meets boring interior you'd get disaster outlook dot com. For 2.4l i4 the usual ish is stripped bolts head, which would require you to buy a new engine that's a fault in the engine design, yes, the leather, woodwork and silver you think you're seeing is fake, pseudo, nothing but trinkets. The perceived wood design is actually painted plastics, leather is actually vinyl. Be careful to use genuine Toyota products and stick to manufacturer's specs fluids or you'd get seriously bitten by this car. Truss me highlander was made from the platform of this car.

Op. I don try na

You try but you come tell am which of the 2 "boring" cars make him buy.
Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You try but you come tell am which of the 2 "boring" cars make him buy.
Oga mi, ekeyi gidi gan o this one is strong o. Oya OP, whey na your friend get money, na she go drive am, and an she go dey stay inside na, oya make she choose the one she like.
Re: Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005 by AUSTAAI(m): 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ Syenite, @ lomomike @ GAZZUZZ, Thanks guys, I think this will help her make a decision. Didn't even know about 2006 big daddy.

(1) (Reply)

Mymoto Blog: Chevorlet Volt, A Car That Uses Petrol And Electricity. / 7 Warning Signs You Need A Transmission Repair / ❗Don't Buy A Car Without Inviting Me To Inspect It For You❗❗

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.