Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! (13301 Views)

Learn An Easy And Simple Way Of Setting Up And Optimizing Your Upwork Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2017
Sorry for the flash reference. I did it for the Lulz smiley
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Jdesilentkiller(m): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Continue now, keep it up very interesting story ..
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
You guys should vote o. Should we keep the contract or give it to the enemy. (lol)
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Pearl05(f): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
Don't give the contract to the demons?
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by nkay2020: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Don't give him the contract oooh
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Niwdog(m): 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
Pls keep the contract
Lovely story we gat here
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by uminem02(m): 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
I'm a good guy. Give me the contract
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nepa just brought light. Let me start typing.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by uminem02(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
Iamlordroman:
Nepa just brought light. Let me start typing.
We dey wait
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2017
Guess I ended up pissing people off with that last post. Damn. Well,it gets better.(lol)
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2017
Two Years Later.(Phase two)

Horlah dropped both his and Sis's luggage and then went to sit beside her.

'Hey.' He greeted.

'Hey' Sia answered. She was looking outside the window. It had been two years since their encounter with the demon castiel but Sia hadn't been able to clear her mind of the guilt. She felt she had killed the others because she was afraid of dying.

'Still thinking about that night?' Horlah asked cheerfully. 'I told you,I saw them in the rear mirror. They're all fine.'

'Do we really have to fly to Kaduna?' Sia asked as the plane took off.

'I thought you'd lighten up if you get a v
better view of things. That's why I saved you the seat by the window.'

'Thanks' Sia said with a hint of appreciation in her voice. 'We should leave the country. I don't feel safe here.'

'Take it easy,girl. We'll do everything a step at a time.' Horlah Said. 'We have to see the others before we leave. That ok?'

'Yes' Sia said and reclined her head. Closing her eyes as she relived the moment when she opened the contract.

Horlah smiled when he saw Sia cheering up. This was good. She had barely maden more the three sentences at once in the past two years. He had committed his life to making her feel safe and happy.

His smile faded when he saw one of the passengers walk past him.

She had a presence and a particular smell he knew too well.

Horlah realise where he had perceived the smell and from whom. That night two years ago. From Dhayms. No,Castiel.

'Bleep!' He exclaimed as he stood up from his seat.

The possessed lady gave him a wink from the other side of the plane as she pulled the emergency latch on the door,pushing it wide open at high altitude.

Charlie looked out the window of the moving car. It had been two years since the earthquake. Since they all got separated and went their own way.

Where the others were,he didn't know.

All he knew was.

'Damn,you still drive like a grand mother.'

'What did you say?' Ridwan asked. 'I can't hear you over your own stupidity.'

Charlie brushed Ridwan's witty comeback aside. He knew the guy was enjoying it. He would get back at him later. The job was more important.

'The trail leads to the Warri Race-wars.' He yelled above the roaring beast of an engine. 'We'll find our guy there.'

'You sure about that?' Ridwan asked.

'Yeah. Every week over the last two months,a driver always gets burnt in his car. And what's suspicious? There's always a lot of sulphur.'

'I hope you're right on this one,mister exorcist.' Ridwan teased.

'Did you say something?' Charlie had a blank expression.

'Fasten your seat belt.' Ridwan warned after matching the gas pedal,sending the car into a speedy run.

'Die! You sonofabitch' Charlie screamed,barely able to fasten the belts.

'Warri race-wars. Here I come.' Ridwan screamed.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by omeira: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is nice... Keep it coming pls...
CASTIEL IS BACK
BTW where is the contact!!
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ridwan's enthusiasm diminished when they arrived Delta state.

He was flodded with the sight of highly congested traffic and youths running from car to car peddling minute wares and services.

A young man sprayed soap on his wind shield and washed it thorough with a mop before Ridwan could say no. He ended up giving him a few Naira notes.

'Why are you laughing.' Ridwan asked a laughing Charlie.

'Nothing,you just look funny.' Charlie responded. 'And gloomy'

'Why won't I be?' Ridwan asked. 'I don't know where to find the warri race-wars'

'Warri race-wars.' Charlie exclaimed. 'The biggest, most revered event of the city. How do you find an illegal car racing event.'

'I'm listening to your suggestion,dear Watson.' Ridwan commented.

'You can only find such a big program at-' Charlie paused,realization suddenly kicking in. 'You just called me "Dear Watson?"

Ridwan nodded.

'And that makes you what. Sherlock Holmes?.'

Ridwan nodded again.

'No way.' Charlie exclaimed. 'We're nothinh like Holmes and Watson. Even if we were, I'ld be Holmes and you'ld be my side kick.' He paused for dramatic effect. ' "Dear Watson." '

'Come on.' Ridwan retorted as he turned at a bend in the road. 'Exorcism apart,I'm ten times smarter than you are.'

'For real.?' Charlie asked. 'You really mean that?'

'Of course.' Ridwan answered. 'You wanna put our wits to the test?'

'You're damn right,I do.' Charlie said.

'How about we split up and meet up later.' Ridwan suggested. 'Who ever finds the race wars arena wins. Deal?'

'Deal.' Charlie answered.

'Where do you wish to start,mi lady.' Ridwan mocked.

'The restaurant over there,chauffeur.' Charlie mocked equally.

Ridwan pulled up in front of the restaurant by the road.

Charlie alighted and stood by the door,peering through the open window.

'You're really gonna start looking for race-wars in a restaurant?' Ridwan asked with one raised eyebrow.

'Nope. Boys is hungry.' Charlie answered. 'Where're you starting at?'

'The filling station.' Ridwan answered and tapped the dash board with two fingers. 'The beast has got to feed.'

'Good luck.' Charlie said and backed away from the car.

'May the best man win.' Ridwan called out as he drove off.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Sorry for the late update.
Read this while I get something to eat 'cause #boys is hungry and #the beast has got to feed.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
Charlie watched Ridwan drive the beast off before he walked into the restaurant.

Once inside,he could piercive the inviting aroma of food. He quickly took a seat and picked up the menu book placed on the table.

He checked the menu but couldn't find any familiar food.

Charlie couldn't decide whether to take starch and banga or usi and what was that unholy word describing something edible.

He decided to have a coke instead and he hadn't taken more than two sips when he swore at the mosquitoes invading the privacy in his nostrils and ears.

'Shoot.' He exclaimed.

He was about to swear when he was interrupted by a dude with an unholy look. He had a large trench coat on and combat pants with all the pockets filled with a variety of stuffs.b

'Can I interest you with some DVD'S and audio tapes?' He asked.

'No,I'm not interested.' Charlie answered nicely.

'How about some Jordan's.' He gave a toothy smile(he's missing most of his front row teeth cheese!). 'Your kick seems out of date.'

'I said I'm not interested.' Charlie repeated.

'How about,fishing equipment. An harpoon gun maybe. Or maybe a large net and alot of duct tape.'

'Damn. I'm not interested.'

'Seems like you're the 'big boy' type. Will you be interested in some quality hair boosting creams. Or shampoo. Or maybe something for your face. You're spotting some aweful pimple.

'Dude,seriously. I'm not interested in buying anything at the moment.' Charlie had had enough.

Trench coat guy looked around then inched forward,ever so close that Charlie could hear his heartbeat.

'If maybe you're interested in any illegal stuffs,I'm you guy.'

Charlie's ear perked when he heard the word 'illegal.' He was suddenly interested in the guy's matter.

'Illegal you say.' Charlie repeated.

'That's my last name.' Trench coat answered.

'Let me see what you've got.' Charlie asked.

'I've got oshogbo weed, Bath salts,kpetus broker,erection enhancers. Some confam kush that can take you higher than the sun.' The peddler started. 'If you don't like taking pills,I've got cocaine scent candles,there's a small cylinder of Nitrogen Oxide- you know,laughing gas. Or if that's to much,there's morphine,marijuana and Calabar Opium.'

Charlie starred at the man with his mouth hanging from his jaw.

'What the Bleep! This is unfucking believable. You mean you've fucking got all those fucking shit on you at the moment.'

'Yeah.' He opened his trench coat displaying all the wares hanging from inside. 'It's my Job'

Charlie suddenly got an idea.

'I was hoping you can help me with something illegal' he moved closer and whispered. 'Something more hands on. Like a street race'

'Ah-ah! I thought you'ld never ask.' He started. 'There are a lot of races here in delta. We've got canonball,cross city,traffic light run,touge. You name it.'

'Not interested in that,fam.' Charlie got into his negotiation boots. 'I'm interested in race-wars'

Somebody dropped a bottle of soft drink behind Charlie. They obviously heard him mention race wars and were disturbed.

'Race wars.that's not for mortals like you.'

'Mortals? Come on. I might not look it but I'm formula one racer.' Charlie lied.

'What's a dipstick used for.' trench asked.

'For pleasure with your significant other.' Charlie answered. 'It goes bang,squeeze,blow. You feel me?'

'You check your engine oil with it,Iroro(Ovie)'
The unholy looking man said with his hands folded

'Oh. thought you was kidding me.' Charlie saw his trash talk wasn't going to work so he begged. 'Please bro. I'm doing this for a friend. For his bachelor night. He needs to get hands on before marital life puts him below 55kmh.'

'Alright. I'll tell you. But only after you've bought one of everything I've got'

'Oh' Charlie exclaimed feeling for his wallet.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ridwan pulled up In the nearest filling station.

He parked his car and paid the attendant to fill his tank and went into the store.

In the store,Ridwan bought some snack and a bottle of coke. He returned to his car,putting his stuffs in the back of the car. He was about to drive off when he saw an all too familiar face.

The person came out from his own car and was talking to the attendant that was filling his car.

He knew that back,broad shoulders and that ridiculous smile.

It was Dhayms. No,it was Castiel.

How was castiel here. And alive?

Charlie had told him- Ridwan that he had seen Castiel get tossed out of Toni's house through the window two years ago.

He had thought he was dead. He wished he was dead.

But now,seeing him alive after two years. He had mixed feelings.

Dhayms was his friend and it would be cool if he could speak to him,or pretend to speak to him again. He owed it to Dhayms to make him feel human again if it was really him.

On the other hand,Castiel was responsible for the death of his friends. He was the reason they were all scattered across the country. He had to make him pay.

Ridwan picked up a bottle and went upp behind the unsuspecting Castiel/Dhayms(Decide,bro).

'Don't look back.' Ridwan said tapping his shoulder.

The curious guy looked back and received a welcoming blow to the temple.

Dhayms/Castiel(Really,again?) fell to the ground and fainted,shards of broken bottle falling around him.

'Get his car impounded.' Ridwan told the attendant as he dragged the dead weight Into his boot and drove away.

Ridwan met Charlie sitting outside the restaurant he dropped him at. He had two bagco sacs with him.

'Don't even ask me where I got these.' Charlie said droppingthe sacs in the seat and joining Ridwan in front.

'I wasn't going to. Did you find race wars?' Ridwan asked optimistic.

'Airport road. Tonight.' Charlie said weakly.

They drove off with luggage in their boot as the sun was just on the horizon.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 12:21am On Oct 20, 2017
The duo slept in a derelict house with their camping gear.

They went to the airport road some hours past midnight just as Charlie was asked to.

There were a lot of cars and people around. There was loud music playing and some people were dancing.
Every car had its lights on providing more tha.enough illumination.

There were four cars lined up in the middle for the race.

Ridwan called and asked an half nude lady why the race hadn't started.

'One of the drivers chickened out. He didn't show up.'

'We have to get into that race if we're to catch the demon.' Charlie yelled at Ridwan despite the noise.

'Of course.' Ridwan answered then faced the lady. 'How do I get into the race?'

'With your grandmother's car?' She laughed. 'Well,for the fun of it. You can meet the organiser over there.

'Thanks' He yelled back at her.

'What did she say?' Charlie asked.

'The organizer is that way.' Ridwan pointed.'The guy with the goatee.'

'You didn't get her phone number. Are you kidding me right now? That girl is a damn,bro' Charlie said. 'You just threw a potential out the window.'

'Dude,I'm not down to gather all STD's known to man.' Ridwan answered and dodged the obvious question.

Yes,he was keeping himself for someone. Someone who had probably left the country or had died. It's been two years since he saw her and he had known her for a long while.

She might have noticed but he never did find the courage to tell her how he felt about her.

In just a few minutes, Ridwan made himself think about Toni. He thought of how he had always liked her but not being able to come to terms with his emotions and open up to her. He remembered their last day together where she had been scared and had been looking up to him for protection. He remembered there was an earthquake. Remembered he wasn't able to protect her and they had been separated.

She was probably somewhere else in the world,where she had moved on and forgotten all about the incident unlike he and Charlie who,for the past two years had been moving from city to city.exorcising demon hoping upon all hope to find a demon that knew about the whereabouts of the pilgrims contract. Their trail had led them here; Delta state race wars. Not for the quarter mile adrenaline rush but for the exorcism of demons.

He brushed the thought from his head and approached the man with the goatee.

'Hey. I hear you're on driver short?' Ridwan asked.

'I guess so.' Goatee answered. 'Why you asking.'

'I was hoping I could join the race.'

'This ain't no quarter mile race,this is the warri race wars. Goatee boasted.

'Hey G-man. You mind if u called you G-man.' Charlie started. ' imma call you G-man cause you got a goat's beard. A goatee.'

Ridwan shook his head. It was situations like this that make him want to spray Charlie with holy water. Was he possessed.

'I don't wanna burst your bubble of something. But my buddy here is a retired formula one racer and he knows what a dipstick is used for.'

G-man gave Charlie an unholy look. He didn't unserstand his gibberish.

'You drunk or what,bro?'

'Ignore him.' Ridwan said. 'Whats the deal with race wars.'

G man briefed Ridwan.

'Wow' Ridwan said once they were back in the car.

'What's that for'. Charlie asked.

'The race wars requirement.' Ridwan answered.

Charlie's looked asked the question 'what are they.'

' It's a winner takes all competetion. Apart from the ten thousand baits entrance fee,each car need NOS. Can't even think of getting laughing gas overnight. And its not like you have a secret stash of NOS I do not know of. I guess we should look for another way to catch our demon'

'I might have that covered.' Charlie said. 'I met a guy in the restaurant. The sane guy that led me here. He had this really big trench coat where he stuffed a lot of stuff and-'

'What are you getting at.' Ridwan asked.

'I have a cylinder of Nitrogen Oxide in the back sit.' Charlie said. 'Thank you for asking.'

'That's crazy.' Ridwan Said prodding the sac Charlie brought with him. He saw the cylinder and tapped it. 'This is great. I'll fix this and we'll be good to go in no time.'

'Won't we be too late.?' Charlie asked.

'The race starts at dawn,we have a few... two more hours give or take.

'What do I do with all that time.?' Charlie asked

'Enjoy the rap battle and the party.' Ridwan said. 'The beast will be golden by dawn'
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Charlie left Ridwan to work on the beast of an engine. Making unholy mods and adjustment.

He had starting speaking car language with anyone who could listen. Charlie got bored easily and began wondering the area.

Charlie was about to quit and return to Ridwan and the beast when he heard something familiar.

Instrumentals playing loudly over speakers.

This was followed by someone reciting a few words on the microphone with people forming the audience cheering and applauding.

Charlie got closer. He felt a sudden rush in his chest. You know,that kind of feeling you get when you're excited spontenously.

On getting admits the crowd,he saw a guy wearing a hat come on stage with a microphone. He seemed to be the MC.

'Its your favourite MC on the microphone. You need for introduction.' He smiled making the crowd cheer. 'So tonight,we're going to have a rap contest before the race wars start.'

The crowd burst into a mad cheer once a rap battle was inferred.

'Coming up on stagd,ladies and gentlemen is veteran rapper King Dhino of Dynasty records'

A guy in black leather jacket,black gloves and a lot of bling Bling-blings stepped on the stage,waving his hands at the cheering crowd.

'Facing him,we have an up and coming artist. Someone y'all know too well.' He paused at his own joke. 'Bob the sober.'

The cheer that came from the audience was a rather discouraging one. Because it wasn't made to encourage the guy.

'You're gonna get murdered on stage.' Someone yelled from the audience.

'Give the dude a chance.' Charlie said.

'He's got the 'speed darlington vibe to him. Man,he some wack shit.' Someone else said from behind him.

'Y'all know how we do it. Single round,winner takes all. Crowd votes by showing their love for the best. Mr DJ?.'

A feminine voice called out. Short 'DJ Emjay' over the speakers and the crowd burst into another mad scream. A popular disc jockey,Charlie thought.

The instrumental that came next from the speaker was unholy and Charlie couldn't help but nod along with the other members of the audience.

Bob was going in first. He held the microphone ever so tightly and did a short dance before starting.

'Yea... It's bobby the solemn.' There was an abrupt stop in the beat before it picked up again at a faster pace.

'Going in,Nigga's standing still like a manniquin.
Tough punchline got my haters panicking.
Dope on my own,walk about no packaging.
Money grow like weed planted with no tillaging.
Body heat,ecstasy,everything sizzling.
Bloodline,on the line,I'm terminating your origin.
Punchline sinew got Dhino shivering.
This the night of the race and the best man's winning it.

The whole crowd went into a frenzy of a cheer. Charlie didn't know whether they like him or not. All he knew was that he enjoyed the flow. Sone guy in the crowd said something about an unexpected performance.

'DJ Emjay.' The feminine voice called over the speaker again signalling Dhino was about to have his round.

'Shit's about to get messed up.' Dhino started.

'Bob. This life's risky but you ain't bob risky.
You're not a rapper but an excuse so filmsy

Watch this bob get crushed by a Dhinosaur so hungry.
You're so solemn like your granny's funeral.
Make your rap career nothing but epheral.
I'm dynasty's emperor,you can say I'm imperial.'

The crowds cheer was unholy and Charlie could only smile.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by AceRoyal: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
Keep em coming! Great job OP! Pls don't relent in ur effort!
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
Charlie felt an urge to take a piss so he left the stage and didn't hear who won the rap contest via the crowd votting.

He pee'd in a nearby bush and went to meet Ridwan and the beast.

'You making love with the beast or what?' Charlie asked

'If I could do that. You'ls be our unholy love child.' Ridwan responded from under the car where he was adjusting the manual transmission.

'Damn you.' Charlie swore.

'It almost dawn. Get in and let's line up.' Ridwan said getting up from th ground.

'I've got to do something first.' Charlie said getting some chalk from the glove compartment. 'I'll meet you at the line up'

Ridwan drove the car to th line up. Parking beside the other five cars. He exchange glances with the other drivers most of whom where giving him threatening gestures.

He was observing the tyres of the car on his right when he saw Charlie pop up from underneathe the car,his hands and face stained with a mixture of chalk and oil.

'Damn. Dude,what did you do. Sabotage their engines' Ridwan said once Charlie was in and had started wiping his skin with a cloth. 'Winning is not the point. We wanna catch a demon.'
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
Good job bro, but I am kinda pissed off you named that demon Castiel ....he is an angel now, why not Crowley, Ruby, Lillith, Azazel or the dangerous Abbadon??
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
'You whip snapper.' Charlie swore. 'I can't sabotage a toy car with a chalk. Relax. All I did was draw exorcism circles underneathe all the cars. So the demon won't escape if we try to exorcise it during the race.'

'Cool. Did you draw any under our ride.' Ridwan asked.

'Whatever for.' Charlie asked.

'In case you get possessed. I can't quite differentiate you from a possessed oaf sometimes.' Ridsan teased.

'Now that's it .'

Charlie said and started swearing incontinentally. His swears were however masked as Ridwan kept on raising the car engine.

'Ladies and gentlemen.' The annoucer said over a microphone from inside his own car. Race wars.'

Everyone present burst into a crazy roar.

'Racers. The race is till the other end of the city. Drag race,rouge,cannonball. Whatever you specialize in. You just have to keep going. And when you see the flashing light from police cars. You don't stop. Winner takes all. Gentlemen are you ready?'

All the contestants raised their car engines with loud engine noises.

'May the best man win.' He said throwing up his scarf. The race starts immediately the scarf touches ground.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
Jdesilentkiller:
Good job bro, but I am kinda pissed off you named that demon Castiel ....he is an angel now, why not Crowley, Ruby, Lillith, Azazel or the dangerous Abbadon??

Castiel is an Angel only in the supernatural-verse. It's not bad if i give a character an unsual name If it doesnt affect the plot.
so, pls bear with this mediocre of a writter.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2017
Iamlordroman:

Castiel is an Angel only in the supernatural-verse. It's not bad if i give a character an unsual name If it doesnt affect the plot.
so, pls bear with this mediocre of a writter.
Yeah you are right... I am just in love Supernatural, Castiel was one of my favorite character and I know many that didn't watch it wouldn't bother. So, fire on bro we are solidly behind you
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
This is awesome . Keep it up
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Six cars bolted through the streets after the scarf touched ground,their car engine growling like predatory animals.

'Woah.' Charlie screamed. 'I never knew the beast could move this fast.'

'There are a lot of things the beast can do that you don't know about' Ridwan said without looking off the road.

'This is crazy.' Charlie said fearfully.

'The beast...' Whatever Ridwan was about to say was replaced with a 'Bleep me'

Three of the other drivers had suddenly taken a right corner,obviously a short cut to get a lead against the others taking the longer route.

Ridwan was one of the three taking the longer route. He had problem dealing with Charlie's constant nagging and the winding path. He was frustrated and was taking the lead from the rear.

The two cars in front of him; a blue ford mustang and a black camaro were struggling to take the lead from each other,running their engines as fast as the poor road could let them.

The black camaro suddenly swerved sideways,hitting his counterpart,making the latter spin off course.

Ridwan made a quick motion with the steering wheel such that he manuovred the beast out of the bar skidding mustang.

'Shit.' Charlie screamed. 'What the Bleep is that for'

'You're not watching the road?' Ridwan yelled. 'That sumbitch in the black Camaro just clogged the mustang.'

'Is that legal?' Charlie asked.

'The race is not legal' Ridwan gave him a momentary look and faced the road.

Ridwan followed behind the black Camaro in something that became a drag race till they entered the same road the first three had taken a short cut into. The blue ford tailed behind them.

'Too soon,dumbass.' Ridwan yelled as the black Camaro's exhaust spat blue flames.

'Woah. The black car is burning.' Charlie exclaimed. 'People carry fire extinguishers on illegal street races. Right?'

'He just turned on his nitrogen oxide system. His engine's been given a hella lot of juice!'

The black camaro,spewing flames like a bull exhaling smoke,charged forward with a louder growl.

The car sped into the three cars in front of it,making them swerve out of the way of the obviously reckless driver. He hit the tail of one of the cars that wasn't fast enough to.live the road,causing the car to leap out of the road and crash into the road side bush.

'Damn.' Ridwan said looking over his shoulder at the wreckage he managed to dodge.

'Look out.!' Charlie screamed.

Ridwan looked forward and saw the danger up ahead. A bend in the road towards the right. And he was moving towards it at such high speed. Damn!

In a burst of adrenaline,Ridwan thought of doing something he hadn't done in a while. A long while.

He was heading for a bend at his speed on second gear. This might might just work.

Ridwan pushed the clutch in with his left foot then flick the steering wheel into the inside of the curve,making the car turn rightward slightly while he ripped the handbrake.

He floored the accelerator and let go of the clutch,the car going into a speeding skid and then he jammed the throttle downward.

The car skidded in such a way that the front wheel faced away from the turn and the rear wheel came forward.

The beast basically took the turn sideways,raising an unholy cloud of exhaust.

'What the Bleep was that?' Charlie screamed.

'The beast is possessed.!' Ridwan Exclaimed.

He released the throttle once the car got too close to the outside of the turn and returned the hand brake to its original position. He steered the wheel and entered the straight road.

'That was great.' Charlie started. 'But I think I know where our demon is.'
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2017
I'm posting a big ; DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME' here so that... you know, you don't get possessed.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 12:17am On Oct 23, 2017
'I'm listening.' Ridwan said still excited.

'The guy in the black car.' Charlie said. 'He's our guy.'

'Yeah. It doesn't take an einstein to figure that out.
'

'Sure.' Charlie answered. 'He's been all destructive this whole while.'

'First. We have to catch up with him then make him pull over before we exorcise him.' Ridwan said.

'How do you plan on making him pull over.' Charlie asked.

'I'll give you a lecture on that.' Ridwan smiled. 'The beast didn't have a NOS injection system. So,I made one using a syringe,a torniquet and a lot of duct tapes i found in your sac.'

'What are you saying?' Charlie asked.

Ridwan unscrewed the NOS cylinder then hooked a tube into it. He removed the clamp on the tube and the blue fluid flowed into the engine.

The beast gave an unholy roar and in no time passed by four of the other vehicles,leaving the black Camaro in the lead.

'I gotcha.' Ridwan said as he got close to the Camaro.

He was close to the side of his target car and could see the driver. His eyes were black and reflected light.

He had a smirk on his face as his car zoomed forward,leaving the beast in the dust behind.

'What just happened.' Charlie asked.

'We ran out of NOS.' Ridwan answered,his expression grim.

'What about him?. He squeezed before you did.'

'He must be carrying two large cylinders.' Ridwan suggested.

Ridwan pursued hot on his tail,as fast as the beast could go. The Camaro wasn't going at top speed and was only leading the beast by two yards.

'I have an idea.' Charlie said.

'Don't tell me. Just do it.' Ridwan yelled.

Charlie stretched to the back of the car and brought out a rifle-like contraption. It had sharp hook at the nozzle and long cables.

'What? You plan on hunting Moby Dick with that shit?' Ridwan bellowed.

'Shut the Bleep up and drive.'
Charlie yelled and reared his head out of the side window,sitting on the opened window.

He tied the other end of the cable attached to the harpoon on the handrail of the passenger's side then he aimed for the black Camaro.

The harpoon flew out of the gun with a metallic click and lodged itself af the back of the leading vehicle.

'I got him!.' Charlie exclaimed,getting back into the car.

'Good!' Ridwan complemented as he felt the tug of the faster car.

'Locomotor Motis!'

Charlie screamed as Ridwan applied the brakes.

The beasts skidded momentarily as if it was going to stop. It didn't.

The Camaro pulled the beast like cattle pulling a plough.

Ridwan struggled to keep the beast on track. 'I'll be damned.' He exclaimed.

'What the Bleep just happened?' Charlie asked.

'That's not a Camaro.' Ridwan swallowed. 'That's a motherfucking demon.'
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 4:44am On Oct 23, 2017
'It's time for me to come up with the plan.' Ridwan said.

'I'm listening.' Charlie said in reminiscence of Ridwan.

'You have to jump onto his car and force him to pull over.' Ridwan suggested.

'What the Bleep!' Charlie swore. 'Why don't you do it yourself.'

'Would you like to take the wheels instead?' Ridwan asked and when Charlie didn't answer. 'I thought so.'

Charlie went out the window of the speeding car and in a fraction of a second,he was standing on Ridwan's car.

'Oh boy.' Charlie said fearfully.

The Camaro driver must have seen Charlie through the rear mirror because he suddenly swerved his car.

Charlie's heart got caught in his mouth as he nearly got tossed off. He had Ridwan's skillful driving and the wiper he hung onto to thank for his survival.

'Calm down. I wanna try something.'

Charlie heard Ridwan yell above the loud roaring of engines.

The beast suddenly sped forward and Charlie could feel Ridwan flooring the brake pedal as the car jerked upward.

The momentum from the car sent Charlie sailing through the air at the Camaro whose speed had been reduced by the braking car.

'Booyakasha!'

Charlie screamed in a mash of both excitement and fear as he landed on the Camaro that gained speed almost immediately.

'Pull up. Pull up.' Charlie screamed as he peeped from the driver's window.

He was rewarded with a punch to the face.

'Damn.'
Charlie retreated to the roof.

He was now lying flat on his chest. Each hand at either side of the car,holding on to the car doors at the top of the open windows.

Charlie suddenly came up with an idea. If he can't make the driver pull over because he was possessed,he might as well just exorcise the demon within him and that would make the driver stop driving.

It was a good plan,he was carrying the special totem for exorcism,an arm bracelet with a crescent moon on it and there was an exorcism circle drawn under the car. It just might work.

Charlie took a deep breathe to stabilize himself.

'Here we go.' He said and slid down the windshield,holding on to the wiper. 'Heed the call of home and be cast out.'

Charlie yelled. The amulet got a golden glow on it and the pointer spun,making a low whirring sound.

Charlie saw the driver's black eyes shine for a moment then the car went into a skidding halt,tossing him onto the tarred road.

The driver of the Camaro had opened the door almost immediately he matched the break. He'd forgotten about the car he was dragging behind him.

Ridwan did his best to avoid hitting the Camaro or the driver. He ended up brushing the black car while he ran into a tree.

The Camaro spun after being hit by the other car. It sent the driver flying forward.

Charlie had evaded the projectile coming his way but the door just had to open and slam in his face,making him fall and pass out on the floor.
Re: Being An Exorcist Is Not An Easy Job! by Iamlordroman: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
When Charlie opened his eyes,he was tied up with both of his hands above his head. He was hanging from a metal pipe in the roof of where ever he was. He yanked ath the metallic restraint holding him.

'Took you long enough.' Ridwan mocked.

Charlie looked up and saw Ridwan in the same position as he was.

'How did we get here?' Charlie asked. 'Did I get the demon?'

'One question at a time.' Ridwan said before he started. 'Turned out the driver of the black Camaro is the son of a big political figure here in Delta.'

'Oh.' Charlie exclaimed. 'We'd better tell him his kid is possessed and we're just trying to help him.'

'He wasn't possessed.'

'What do you mean.' Charlie asked. 'Didn't you see his eyes and how he drove like a deranged psychopath.'

'About his eyes,He had dark contacts on and his attitude is not atypical of a spoilt child of a wealthy and well known politician.' Ridwan explained.

'We messed up big time.' Charlie remarked.

'You mean you messed up.?' Ridwan asked. 'It was you who said he was possessed.'

'Moments later,you said it didn't take an Einstein to figure it out.' Charlie pointed out.

'I meant you were not as smart as you were claiming to be.' Ridwan taunted.

'Damn you.' Charlie exclaimed. 'How do we get out of here.'

'When our captors are ready to execute us.' Ridwan said sacarstic.

'So,we really are done this time around.' Charlie asked.

'I guess so.' Was all Ridwan could say.

Outside the building,a man with an eyepatch paced,restless like he was waiting for someone or something.

He dug into his jean pocket and brought out his phone when it rang. Placing the phone against his ear,he spoke to the receiver.

'I've been expecting your call for the past one hour chief.'

The person on the other end said a few words and eyepatch responded with 'ok.'

'What do I do with the two loafers.'

The man on the other end spoke but it was inaudible to anyone that didn't have the phone to their ear.

'I understand.' Eyepatch said and ended the call.

He returned his phone to his pocket and faced the six armed guys behind him.

They were in a private junk yard and a lot of demolitions were taking place. The wreckage of Ridwan's car and the black camaro were in a corner.

'You two.' Eye patch pointed. 'Get the cars crushed. We don't want evidence of a street race. The rest of you.y With me.'
He said and led the other four into the room where Ridwan and Charlie were hanging.

'Well,well,well.' He started. 'Looks like I get to murder two guys for no reason today.'

'Nice speech.' Ridwan remarked.

'Of course. One eye equals bad guy.' Charlie added.

'One hundred percent.' Ridwan complemented.

'Love the patch bro. Who made it. Gucci?' Charlie said.

'It's like you don't know what come next.' Eye patch said,frustrated by the two jesters.

'What's coming?' Ridwan asked.

'Death?' Charlie asked. 'Death is freedom. You'll just be setting us free from or struggles. We'ls be glad if you could kill us. Me first,please.'

'Ahh!' Eye patch exclaimed. 'Fine,I won't kill you just yet. I'll make sure you suffer so much till you are afraid of death before I kill you.'

'Oh. Is that a threat?' Charlie asked in a low voice.

'Get me my tool box.' Eye patch yelled at one of his minions that staggered off to get the box.

Charlie and Ridwan gave each other knowing nods. They had bought time for them to come up with a plan to escape.

'You're gonna feel so much pain you'll beg to to kill you but I won't. Not until you are afraid of death.' Eye patch said as he rubbed two live wires together,sparks dropping from the impact. 'Bath them.'

The minions emptied buckets of water on the duo.

Outside,the other two minion stood beside Ridwan's wrecked vehicle.

'How much do you think this would make us if we sell the spare parts on black market.' The first one asked.

'A lot. Its engine seems to be in perfect condition.' The second one answered. 'Did you hear that?'

'Hear what?' The first to talked looked alarmed.

The boot made a sound like someone was hitting it from inside.

'That.' The second minion said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Weirdest Question You Ever Asked Google? / Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / The Legend Of Moremi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.