Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigerians Beware! 7 Key Ways Monkeypox Can Be Transmitted - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Beware! 7 Key Ways Monkeypox Can Be Transmitted (368 Views)

Monkeypox: Can It Be Treated And How Worried Should You Be? / List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Beware! 7 Key Ways Monkeypox Can Be Transmitted by myjobsfinder(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2017

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has announced that there is a suspected outbreak of a viral disease called monkeypox in Bayelsa state.

In the press release, members of the public were urged to remain calm, alert and know the signs and symptoms of the disease

CAMPUSPEEP.com earlier reported that a medical doctor and 10 others were down with the disease and were being quarantined in an isolation centre at the Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobiri, in Yenagoa local government area of the state.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has listed the major facts about the disease. Monkeypox is not a newly discovered disease, it has been known for decades, although relatively rare.

Dr Charles-Davies OA, a medical doctor and founder of 25 Doctors, a platform where you can ask doctors questions online, spoke to CAMPUSPEEP.com about the ways the disease is transmitted.

Here are 7 different ways the disease is transmitted:

1. Contact with infected monkeys

Monkeypox is caused by a virus. The virus has been previously isolated in animals like monkeys, rats and squirrels.

Human outbreaks are more likely to be spread from infected animals than from a human to another human. Close contact with infected monkeys can spread the virus to humans.

Monkeys are sometimes hunted in rural areas, and touching an infected monkey, even a dead monkey can make a person contract the disease.
Re: Nigerians Beware! 7 Key Ways Monkeypox Can Be Transmitted by usayab(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmm!
I wouid have said something but my birthday celebration does not..... Abeg make una elep me celebrate, today na my day!
Re: Nigerians Beware! 7 Key Ways Monkeypox Can Be Transmitted by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Cure For Premature Ejaculation? / Best Doctor For Fat Reduction Surgery / My Mom Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.