Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views (13711 Views)

Despite Varying Views, Nigerians Celebrate Mawlud Nabiyy / [pics] Non-muslim Views About Muhammad (s.a.w) / Argument of Possibility And Necessity - Does God Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by uzoexcel(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

wait let me get this, Mohammed rode a donkey to heaven??
huh

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
rerhji:
firstly, lemme try by enlightening u dat islam covers every aspect of life ...jst name it nd it surely covers it......

secondly, from d write up it is nt denied dat dinosaur existed so proofing it religiously shdn't b ur headache but rather show u d beauty of d religion

and lastly, y do u guys always storm Islamic threads to cause chaos which rearly happen on Christianity related topics.......if u guys can't learn nd reason on ur own can't u find something better to do'??

No scientist will ever say that his discoveries are perfect and cover all aspects of life. Every research is specific and focuses on a particular problem identified. Yet they bring innovations and solutions to mankind.

Religious scholars will always say proudly that their religion is perfect and covers all aspects of life yet they cannot tell us just 1 thing ever invented through the knowledge gained from their books...
Religious claims are known to be ridiculous and vague.

Hypocrisy and self denial is a pathetic and chronic disease

4 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
uzoexcel:

huh

Are u amused? of course isn't it amusing that a man in this generation would believe that a man rode a donkey to heaven but find it ridiculous that man landed on the moon with rockets

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by rerhji(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

No scientist will ever say that his discoveries are perfect and cover all aspects of life. Every research is specific and focuses on a particular problem identified. Yet they bring innovations and solutions to mankind.

Religious scholars will always say proudly that their religion is perfect and covers all aspects of life yet they cannot tell us just 1 thing ever invented through the knowledge gained from their books...
Religious claims are known to be ridiculous and vague.

Hypocrisy and self denial is a pathetic and chronic disease
well, I can tell u categorically that my religion has solved every problem human race has faced nd dos dat will confront dem .......i only takes careful study of d manual of life (Quran) to knw dis.....nd abt inventions religion is nt meant for dat but rather to serve as a guide for u to live a successful life here in this earth and hereafter........

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
rerhji:
well, I can tell u categorically that my religion has solved every problem human race has faced nd dos dat will confront dem .......i only takes careful study of d manual of life (Quran) to knw dis.....nd abt inventions religion is nt meant for dat but rather to serve as a guide for u to live a successful life here in this earth and hereafter........

Be specific and mention 1 problem your religion has solved. Just one.

3 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by iceboy4752(m): 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nice one OP.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by luqmanov: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

me swearing to your god or Allah is meaningless.

So would you rather seek answers from your holy books than scientific approaches.
?

No wonder knowledge from your holy book is responsible for the scientific breakthroughs we all enjoy today. I guess it's time to burn our libraries, science labs, hospitals, satellites, research institutions and replace them with mosques.

We no longer need to read history books, science books...lets all read Korans so we can have better doctors, researchers and engineers.

A wise option isn't it?

if only u can do away with ur sensationalism and broaden ur mind for u to be able to reason objectively without applying religious sentiments but follow logic, reason and a few lesson from history.

You will agree with me that you are not as smart as you think you are.

But i will gladly redirect you on a logical note to go back in time and read through history so you can rediscover the muslim origins of the libraries, universities, laboratories, astrologers and sky gazing,hospitals and medical break through that originated in the mosque from research conducted by islamic scholars which are still under review in many institutions to date.

free your mind from hate. salam
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by rerhji(m): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

Be specific and mention 1 problem your religion has solved. Just one.
tell me one of ur problem nd I will tell u my religion perspective abt it

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by sunshineV(f): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
Raheemzee:
pained kwa? U are d one being pained here,renouncing ur faith just to write poo on an Islamic thread...who does dat? only pained poos do dat grin grin grin

Issokay haf mak ur face
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2017
rerhji:
tell me one of ur problem nd I will tell u my religion perspective abt it

is religious perspective a solution?...Anyway, it's obvious you have nothing to say, bye for now

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by rerhji(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

is religious perspective a solution?...Anyway, it's obvious you have nothing to say, bye for now
same way its obvious u re ignorant nd jst hating....bye
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
luqmanov:

if only u can do away with ur sensationalism and broaden ur mind for u to be able to reason objectively without applying religious sentiments but follow logic, reason and a few lesson from history.

You will agree with me that you are not as smart as you think you are.

But i will gladly redirect you on a logical note to go back in time and read through history so you can rediscover the muslim origins of the libraries, universities, laboratories, astrologers and sky gazing,hospitals and medical break through that originated in the mosque from research conducted by islamic scholars which are still under review in many institutions to date.

free your mind from hate. salam

You seem not to understand a very simple point. Scientific breakthrough, researches, innovations and technology has nothing to do with one's belief. Be a Muslim, Christian, atheist, Buddhist, Sango worshipper etc. Science is universal, knowledge is for those who seek and it is no respect of tribe, race or religion.

So tell me, what is the importance of your religion, isn't it irrelevant?

you claim to be logical, pls apply that logic without sentiments and derive solutions that have been applied from the Koran which have been major contributors to human advancement.

Or is it the promise of heaven and threat of hell??

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by luqmanov: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

You seem not to understand a very simple point. Scientific breakthrough, researches, innovations and technology has nothing to do with one's belief. Be a Muslim, Christian, atheist, Buddhist, Sango worshipper etc. Science is universal, knowledge is for those who seek and it is no respect of tribe, race or religion.

So tell me, what is the importance of your religion, isn't it irrelevant?

you claim to be logical, pls apply that logic without sentiments and derive solutions that have been applied from the Koran which have been major contributors to human advancement.

Or is it the promise of heaven and threat of hell??

you are a funny character

you seem to be the one that cannot simply articulate a point constructively. If you check my initial post where i quoted you you will realise that my reply is in referrence to the point you made concerning leaving our modern research institutions and turning to the mosque for scientific answers. And i told u majority of science discoveries today have their origin in the mosque. So ur question has answered itself.

stay informed. Been educated is not enough

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by alfanio(m): 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2017
rerhji:
firstly, lemme try by enlightening u dat islam covers every aspect of life ...jst name it nd it surely covers it......

secondly, from d write up it is nt denied dat dinosaur existed so proofing it religiously shdn't b ur headache but rather show u d beauty of d religion

and lastly, y do u guys always storm Islamic threads to cause chaos which rearly happen on Christianity related topics.......if u guys can't learn nd reason on ur own can't u find something better to do'??
My brother don't mind them they storm those threads because they know the truth when they see it but their pride won't' allow them accept it, you can never find discussions like this on their threads, or with such detailed scholarly exegesis. So tolerate them whatever they read here on Islamic threads is already an evidence upon them as to them receiving the message.

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
luqmanov:

you are a funny character

you seem to be the one that cannot simply articulate a point constructively. If you check my initial post where i quoted you you will realise that my reply is in referrence to the point you made concerning leaving our modern research institutions and turning to the mosque for scientific answers. And i told u majority of science discoveries today have their origin in the mosque. So ur question has answered itself.

stay informed. Been educated is not enough

Ok, can we just get it straight...

please state the scientific discoveries that originated from the mosque?
It might be easy to make a claim, but it's necessary to back it up with facts

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by luqmanov: 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

first off i will start with our modern system of counting using base ten with the introduction of the zero into the numeric system because before then there was nothing like the value nought(zero). Not forgetting also the unitary system of fractions and use of decimal points.

This system of counting i suppose u will recall from ur arithmetic that it was originally invented by Islamic scholars.

moving on, even mensuration, measurement, trigonometry etc were first introduced by islamic schorlars in the mosque.

there are many others especially in the field of medicine, space research(astrology), architecture, philosophy etc. which u can research on ur own.

the ones i gave above are the more popular ones which a primary school pupil should atleast be aware of because i dont have strength for argument thanx

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by jomoh: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin grin
Do you live in a cave?
Science deal with evidence, if you want to learn
ridiculous myths, check your Quran.

The same Quran that gave the Atomic number of Iron(26) long before Science.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/562/miracle-of-iron/

The same Quran that explained the stages of pregnancy a thousand years before Science had ultrasound.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/216/quran-on-human-embryonic-development/

The same Quran that explained the function of mountains as a stabilising agent long before Science even think of it.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/215/quran-on-mountains/

The same Quran that told science the lowest point on earth.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1563/victory-of-romans-and-lowest-point-on-earth/

The same Quran that talked discussed the big bang theory and expansion of the universe thousands of years before science.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1560/quran-on-expanding-universe-and-big-bang-theory/

The same Quran that told science the medical importance of Honey.

https://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/scientific-miracles-of-holy-quran/

You need to learn about the Quran instead of making baseless assertions born out of ignorance.

realmindz:

You need to visit the site above. Better still you can type "Scientific miracles of the Quran on google".

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
luqmanov:

first off i will start with our modern system of counting using base ten with the introduction of the zero into the numeric system because before then there was nothing like the value nought(zero). Not forgetting also the unitary system of fractions and use of decimal points.

This system of counting i suppose u will recall from ur arithmetic that it was originally invented by Islamic scholars.

moving on, even mensuration, measurement, trigonometry etc were first introduced by islamic schorlars in the mosque.

there are many others especially in the field of medicine, space research(astrology), architecture, philosophy etc. which u can research on ur own.

the ones i gave above are the more popular ones which a primary school pupil should atleast be aware of because i dont have strength for argument thanx

I told you to be specific to avoid complications, being specific by mentioning dates of discoveries, who discovered and names of the mosques these were derived from.

However, from the ones you mentioned;

1. system of counting, numeric system, base 10 I believe came from the Egyptians and Greeks. Pls let me know if otherwise with a source I can verify.

2. Trigonometry: Have you heard of Hipparchus the founder of trigonometry?

3. Philosophy: I know of Plato, Socrates...Greeks

4. Astrology: Babylonians and Greeks
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by ivolt: 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
jomoh:

The same Quran that gave the Atomic number of Iron(26) long before Science.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/562/miracle-of-iron/

The same Quran that explained the stages of pregnancy a thousand years before Science had ultrasound.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/216/quran-on-human-embryonic-development/

The same Quran that explained the function of mountains as a stabilising agent long before Science even think of it.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/215/quran-on-mountains/

The same Quran that told science the lowest point on earth.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1563/victory-of-romans-and-lowest-point-on-earth/

The same Quran that talked discussed the big bang theory and expansion of the universe thousands of years before science.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1560/quran-on-expanding-universe-and-big-bang-theory/

The same Quran that told science the medical importance of Honey.

https://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/scientific-miracles-of-holy-quran/

You need to learn about the Quran instead of making baseless assertions born out of ignorance.

You need to visit the site above. Better still you can type "Scientific miracles of the Quran on google".

Stop grasping at straw, the Quran is not a scientific book.
It is a copy-edit-paste of jewish/arab mythologies.

It predicts nothing useful.

Ask yourself why your learned mallams and deeply Islamic
nations aren't the ones developing vaccines for diseases
and sending men to space since they have the alleged scientific "secrets" of the Quran.

Don't be fooled.
Quran is not a scientific book. It is a book of mythology for gullible believers.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by ivolt: 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
rerhji:
Of course, muhammad being a control freak never wants any of his follower to decide for themselves.
Imagine an adult being taught how to drink water and the right way to have sex?

Their is no beauty in ignorance-based myths.
If you want to learn how Muhammad allegedly split the moon,
you can consult your Quran but if you need to know
how the world works, the right channel is through science
not some ignorant scholars speculating based on a 7th-century book.

Any thread that is posted for the general reader i.e hits front page deserves to
be corrected if it is wrong.
Moreover, it is morraly wrong to allow someone wallow in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by luqmanov: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
realmindz:

I told you to be specific to avoid complications, being specific by mentioning dates of discoveries, who discovered and names of the mosques these were derived from.

However, from the ones you mentioned;

1. system of counting, numeric system, base 10 I believe came from the Egyptians and Greeks. Pls let me know if otherwise with a source I can verify.

2. Trigonometry: Have you heard of Hipparchus the founder of trigonometry?

3. Philosophy: I know of Plato, Socrates...Greeks

4. Astrology: Babylonians and Greeks

you believe arabic numerals the common system of number notation used in many parts of the world today came from egyptians and greeks. lol

anyway its just ur personal belief like you said. its just ur opinion so it doesnt count.

you want details of the discoveries i mentioned

trigonometry
Astronomer nasir al-din al-tusi created the mathematical disciplines of plane and spherical trigonometry in the 13th century and was the first to treat trig separately from astronomy

philosophy
al-ghazali latin name algazel (1058-1111) he wrote "The revival of the religious sciences"

also look up
Avicenna
Al-farabi
Averroes
and a host of others

astrology
where do you think is regarded as babylonia in modern times. this is a major center of islam if you ask me.

finally just a reminder that the mosque is a place for religious, spiritual and intellectual activity. And scientific research in islam served a purpose of dividing inheritances according to islamic law, in predicting the time of the new moon, when the next month began, and in determining the direction to mecca for the orientation of mosque and of daily prayers which are delivered facing mecca and a whole lot of other purposes. thank you
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by rerhji(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
ivolt:

Of course, muhammad being a control never wants any of his follower to decide for themseleves.
Imagine an adult being taught how to drink water and the right way to have sex?

Their is no beauty in ignorance-based myths.
If you want to learn how Muhammad allegedly split the moon,
you can consult your Quran but if you need to know
how the world works, the right channel is through science
not some ignorant scholars speculating based on a 7th-century book.

Any thread that is posted for the general reader i.e hits front page deserves to
be corrected if it is wrong.
Moreover, it is morraly wrong to allow someone wallow in ignorance.
u said I was thought aw to drink water....yes I was by my religion....now ignite ur brain nd tell me wat is good in re-consuming d air u breathe out coz u breathe directly in the water u re drinking which will nt happen if u drink d water at intervals

wen issues abt a wife being raped by her husband is discussed as a social vice, a sane person will surely kick against dis but wen islam preaches against it, u say d religion knows nothing bt sex .....ignoring dis is d foundation of any community

d ignorant ones will never admit de re ignorant until its too late.....wise uo bro

m lazy at typing...m sorry i can't perfect my comment
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by realmindz: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
luqmanov:

you believe arabic numerals the common system of number notation used in many parts of the world today came from egyptians and greeks. lol

anyway its just ur personal belief like you said. its just ur opinion so it doesnt count.

you want details of the discoveries i mentioned

trigonometry
Astronomer nasir al-din al-tusi created the mathematical disciplines of plane and spherical trigonometry in the 13th century and was the first to treat trig separately from astronomy

philosophy
al-ghazali latin name algazel (1058-1111) he wrote "The revival of the religious sciences"

also look up
Avicenna
Al-farabi
Averroes
and a host of others

astrology
where do you think is regarded as babylonia in modern times. this is a major center of islam if you ask me.

finally just a reminder that the mosque is a place for religious, spiritual and intellectual activity. And scientific research in islam served a purpose of dividing inheritances according to islamic law, in predicting the time of the new moon, when the next month began, and in determining the direction to mecca for the orientation of mosque and of daily prayers which are delivered facing mecca and a whole lot of other purposes. thank you

The only reasonable thing I've picked from your post is nasir al-din al-tusi . I just googled him and I've learnt something new.

But you are still far from simple reasoning, nasir al-din al-tusi was a scientist, mathematician and philosopher and his knowledge has absolute nothing to do with his religion.

I mentioned to you earlier that knowledge is no respect of tribe, religion, race. Be it Muslim, christian, buddhist, atheists, deists etc. Science is universal to all and your beliefs are irrelevant in scientific approaches.

You boasted to me that some scientific discoveries originated from the mosque?? I haven't seen any 1 that originated from the mosque. Nasir al-din al-tusi did not become a scientist by sitting in the mosque all day and reading only Koran all his life, he went out of Islam to seek those knowledge...
same as the other names you mentioned.
If I need you to just mention names of Muslims scientists, of course that is easy. we can mention a million. But what I need are inventions that have originated from the mosque

And please, Babylonians were not Muslims, so Islam can't make claims to their ancient civilisation.

Religion has always been known to enjoy and use the works of science to convey their messages.

I am still waiting for the scientific theories and inventions that originated from the mosque as you claimed earlier....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by Lukgaf(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2017
demsid:
good. In summary dinosaurs exist. What about the planets in space,any traces in quran?

expect that next week inshaallah
Re: Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views by jomoh: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
ivolt:

Stop grasping at straw, the Quran is not a scientific book.
It is a copy-edit-paste of jewish/arab mythologies.

It predicts nothing useful.

Ask yourself why your learned mallams and deeply Islamic
nations aren't the ones developing vaccines for diseases
and sending men to space since they have the alleged scientific "secrets" of the Quran.

Don't be fooled.
Quran is not a scientific book. It is a book of mythology for gullible believers.

ignorance is not knowing' illiteracy is not willing To learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion / Two Pilgrims From Lagos And Kano Die In Saudi Arabia / Does Women’s Hijab Have To Be Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.