Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

11 Social Media Commandments To Live By - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 11 Social Media Commandments To Live By (387 Views)

PHOTOS: Woman Transforms Herself To Live Barbie Without Surgery / The 10 Commandments Of Applying Makeup Like A Pro. Your Ultimate Beauty Cheat / Want To Live The Gentleman's Lifestyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Social Media Commandments To Live By by Beabeth(f): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
1. Thou Shalt Not Post Anything Thou Wouldn't Want Thine Family and Friends to See
This is a good general rule for all social media. If you post something, make sure it's something your family would approve of. It gives you a good sense of judgement for future social media posts. If your family and friends wouldn't like it, don't click post. This rule works fine for me especially days I will be tempted to post my bikini picture and I remember my mother will have a heart attack; I don’t click post.

2. Thou Shalt Like Every Photo Thine Friends Post (Even If Thou Doesn't Like It)
Liking your friends' pictures on social media is a given. Even if your friend posts something questionable, you "like" it anyway out of sheer loyalty. You're such a good friend. One time I deliberately didn’t like my friend’s picture, she called me and ask if she has offended me. Now I know better. Even when her post is meaningless I just click like.

3. Thou Shalt Not Post Thine Drama Online.
Unless you are a celebrity looking for some publicity don't post your drama anywhere on social media. I promise, you'll regret it later.
If you need to hear the phrase 'you will be okay, babe?' after that break up, after that disappointment or whatever you are going through so badly, then record it and set it as a ringtone. Please, for the love of all that is good and pure in the world, no one is interested in your drama.
If you feel the need to complain or rant, talk to your friends about it or buy a journal.
And those of you posting about your drama in the form of nicely designed quotes don’t think you’re fooling anyone.

4. Thou shalt not like old pictures while stalking on social media.
We all social media stalk every once in a while, I like to believe I am the queen of social media stalking. I stalk my ex, boss, even people that don’t know I exist. Don’t judge me. This is totally fine as long as you don't accidentally like a post from weeks, months, or years ago. It makes you look like a creepy stalker.

5. Thou Shalt Not Post While Drunk.
You may think a post is a good idea while under the influence, but, trust us, you should wait until tomorrow. I once saw a girl snapchatting her nudes while drunk at the club, when I woke up she has deleted the snap after I and others have seen and I am sure some saved it.

6. Thou Shalt Not Post Anything You Wouldn’t Say To Someone In Person.
Just because there’s a computer screen in front of you does not mean there isn’t a real person on the other end. If you’re upset with someone, reach out to them to resolve it. Don’t post an insulting comment that you know will do nothing but make the situation worse. Keep your comment light and positive, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

7. Thou Shall Not Let Social Media Change the Way You View Yourself

8. Thou Shall Not Post On Social Media If Thou Has Not Text Thy Friend Back

9. Thou Shall Call a Friend When That Friend Has Posted a Picture or Post That Makes People Question Their Sanity

10. Thou Shalt Remember That The Eyes Of Strangers May Always Fall On Thy Posts.
You are only one screenshot, share, or retweet away from broader, even viral, exposure, no matter how infrequently you post or how controlled you believe your privacy settings are. If you share content with this in mind, you are much more likely to stay on the right side of what is often a gray line

11. Thou Shalt Not Be an Evil Person
Nobody wants the photo posted in which they look terrible but you look awesome. Don’t be that guy.

Source: http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/10/11-social-media-commandments-to-live-by.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy / How To Care For Your Skin / Fashion Accessories ~bags, Purse, Shoes, Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.