Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage (5154 Views)

Advantage And Disadvantage Of Coucil And Share House In The UK / Wood Work Installations,repairs And Designs / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by ALSHomes: 2:28am On Oct 14, 2017
Many homeowners, at a variety of points - of - time, decide to pursue certain repairs and/ alterations. Some are out of necessity, because of damage, and/ or wear - and - tear, while others, are for cosmetic, and/ or taste - related reasons! One should consider a variety of factors, before undergoing costly expenses/ expenditures. These include: how long you will be living in this house; your alternatives; the Return on Investment (R.O.I.), etc. This article will review 5 positives (pros) and/ or negatives (cons), related to home repairs and/ or alterations.

1. Cosmetic changes:

This category includes items, which improve the appearance of the property, but usually are minor, in nature! For example, inside or outside painting might be cosmetic. If you are painting, simply to change the look, color, theme, etc, it falls into the category, but if it is necessitated, because of structural damage (for example, from water damage, etc), it's a far different scenario! If you plan to keep the home, for a substantial period of time, you have far more flexibility, in terms of color, etc, than if you are planning to sell it in the foreseeable, near future!

2. Kitchen:
Does your kitchen need remodeling and/ or renovation, for structural reasons, or to improve its look and appearance? How much you spend on remodeling your kitchen, must be put into perspective! A well - considered amount of spending, usually makes sense and has a reasonable Return on Investment (R.O.I.), but exorbitant spending is another thing. A homeowner can spend whatever he decides, but should have a somewhat, realistic perspective of its value, especially to prospective buyers.

3. Bathrooms:
What is the reason, you wish to renovate/ upgrade your bathrooms? Compare the options and alternatives, including determining, if a system, such as Bath Fitters, makes sense, as opposed to a complete demolition and rebuilding! Again, upgrading bathrooms, might. either, make financial sense, or not!

4. HVAC:
What is the condition of your heating, ventilating and air conditioning, system (HVAC)? What is the useful life of your heating system, and should you change it (for example, converting from oil to gas)? Consider any decisions related to conversions, carefully and thoroughly. If you wish to put a central air conditioning system, into the house, should you go, the convention route, or the ductless one? Consider costs, economies, space - sacrifices, and the positives, versus the negatives! Before acting, always get several bids, and compare apples - to - apples!

5. Grounds maintenance:
How much money, should you commit to grounds maintenance, landscaping, trees, bushes, plants, flowers, etc? Those thinking of selling, in the near future, should focus on curb appeal, etc!

Homeowners have options, in terms of the best way to proceed, for home repairs and alternatives. Know what you need, and want, and thoroughly consider.

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by ALSHomes: 7:07am On Oct 16, 2017
Have a blessed week.
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by veekid(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2017
cyara:
I guess this writeup is not for those living in face me I face you house

Cos they no dey have all the above listed abi?

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by Ochasky23(m): 7:18am On Oct 16, 2017
F
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 16, 2017
kudos op

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by jomboliski(m): 7:18am On Oct 16, 2017
Have a great day...

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by cyara(f): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by helphelp: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2017
Nice ...
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by freenortheast: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2017
A nice right up, but I am astonished that it just Hit the Front Page, suddenly. I have a feelings some postings and persons are favoured on Nairaland by the moderators and admin. But I may be wrong. Time and response will tell.
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by 2n2k(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2017
What is the significance of HVAC in most Nigerian houses?

How many houses are heated or centrally air conditioned?
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by DaudaAbu(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2017
2n2k:
What is the significance of HVAC in most Nigerian houses?

How many houses are heated or centrally air conditioned?

dat one apply to yankee homes na
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by donqx: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
ok
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2017
I wanted to go jogging this morning, BUT Proverb 28:1 says - 'The wicked runneth when no man chases him'

So I stopped

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by pointstores(m): 9:59am On Oct 16, 2017
2 pieces of 200ah battery for sale call 08166117634

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by murmee: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
I wanted to go jogging this morning, BUT Proverb 28:1 says - 'The wicked runneth when no man chases him'

So I stopped
I'm laughing!

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by lateefsul: 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Accessories for men. best price on Jumia: http:///2ysgB8F

1 Like

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by ALSHomes: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
cyara:
Its for every house, as long repairs and renovations is required.
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by ALSHomes: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
freenortheast:
A nice right up, but I am astonished that it just Hit the Front Page, suddenly. I have a feelings some postings and persons are favoured on Nairaland by the moderators and admin. But I may be wrong. Time and response will tell.

You never can tell..
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by drphantom: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
I thought this was nairaland

This article is focused on a different demographic

ALSHomes:
Many homeowners, at a variety of points - of - time, decide to pursue certain repairs and/ alterations. Some are out of necessity, because of damage, and/ or wear - and - tear, while others, are for cosmetic, and/ or taste - related reasons! One should consider a variety of factors, before undergoing costly expenses/ expenditures. These include: how long you will be living in this house; your alternatives; the Return on Investment (R.O.I.), etc. This article will review 5 positives (pros) and/ or negatives (cons), related to home repairs and/ or alterations.

1. Cosmetic changes:

This category includes items, which improve the appearance of the property, but usually are minor, in nature! For example, inside or outside painting might be cosmetic. If you are painting, simply to change the look, color, theme, etc, it falls into the category, but if it is necessitated, because of structural damage (for example, from water damage, etc), it's a far different scenario! If you plan to keep the home, for a substantial period of time, you have far more flexibility, in terms of color, etc, than if you are planning to sell it in the foreseeable, near future!

2. Kitchen:
Does your kitchen need remodeling and/ or renovation, for structural reasons, or to improve its look and appearance? How much you spend on remodeling your kitchen, must be put into perspective! A well - considered amount of spending, usually makes sense and has a reasonable Return on Investment (R.O.I.), but exorbitant spending is another thing. A homeowner can spend whatever he decides, but should have a somewhat, realistic perspective of its value, especially to prospective buyers.

3. Bathrooms:
What is the reason, you wish to renovate/ upgrade your bathrooms? Compare the options and alternatives, including determining, if a system, such as Bath Fitters, makes sense, as opposed to a complete demolition and rebuilding! Again, upgrading bathrooms, might. either, make financial sense, or not!

4. HVAC:
What is the condition of your heating, ventilating and air conditioning, system (HVAC)? What is the useful life of your heating system, and should you change it (for example, converting from oil to gas)? Consider any decisions related to conversions, carefully and thoroughly. If you wish to put a central air conditioning system, into the house, should you go, the convention route, or the ductless one? Consider costs, economies, space - sacrifices, and the positives, versus the negatives! Before acting, always get several bids, and compare apples - to - apples!

5. Grounds maintenance:
How much money, should you commit to grounds maintenance, landscaping, trees, bushes, plants, flowers, etc? Those thinking of selling, in the near future, should focus on curb appeal, etc!

Homeowners have options, in terms of the best way to proceed, for home repairs and alternatives. Know what you need, and want, and thoroughly consider.

Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by Diego56: 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Many of the new homes for sale in Myrtle Beach, SC - new construction are located in upscale neighborhoods. You can choose between town homes and condominiums in the city. Myrtle Beach is home to over 2 home builders, each of whom offers a unique floor plan to suit your needs and taste.
Re: Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage by Floristik: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2022
Finding a good repairman is a real challenge. I have often come across scammers who took a lot of money for a minimum of work. Thanks to HomeQuote, I was able to find real professionals who completed the bathroom renovation inexpensively and in a short time. Here is the HomeQuote website by this link Be sure to contact them. The firm will facilitate the search for workers.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Land @ Abijo by Amity Estate lekki / Get New Zealand's Roman Design Roofing Tiles Delivered To Your Site / Nigerians In Diaspora, Adron Homes Presents, Westlife Park & Gardens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.