Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,259 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) (3652 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics / How Is Your Weekend Going? Mine In Pictures With Egusi And Bitterleaf Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by vinegurl(f): 5:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Okazi soup and egusi is a blended vegetable-based soup prepared from a leaf called Afang with a thickener called Egusi; Afang soup is the name given to this delicious dish by the Efiks and Ibibios, "Okazi soup" is what the Igbos call it in Nigeria.

See how to prepare okazi and egusi soup in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik5bG4urp5g
Re: How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by ewa26: 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hon please what do you think is the difference between Yoruba and Igbo Jollof Rice, which one sweet pass
Re: How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by vinegurl(f): 12:53am On Oct 26, 2017
ewa26:
Hon please what do you think is the difference between Yoruba and Igbo Jollof Rice, which one sweet pass
Sorry, I don't think there is any difference, but Yoruba jollof rice might be a little bit peppery compared to the Igbo's version. Also Igbo jollof rice might contain crayfish and maybe some vegetables; it is just my own observation, but there is no much difference.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
will try this over the weekend. cool
Re: How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by vinegurl(f): 1:17am On Nov 02, 2017
looney:
will try this over the weekend. cool
You will definitely enjoy it.
Re: How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) by Probz(m): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2017
vinegurl:

Sorry, I don't think there is any difference, but Yoruba jollof rice might be a little bit peppery compared to the Igbo's version. Also Igbo jollof rice might contain crayfish and maybe some vegetables; it is just my own observation, but there is no much difference.

That ewa’s a troll but that’s the difference, yh. I’m always fervently praying that they haven’t put crayfish in the jellof rice whenever I attend Igbo events.

(1) (Reply)

Every Animal Meat Is Not Beef, See Their Names. / Goko Herbal Cleanser, A Cure For Diseases / If You Were Offered #2M Cash To Eat One Of These Meals, Will You? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.