Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! (2041 Views)

'I Want To Make Him A Dad For The First Time' / Please Help Reconnect A Dad And Daughter! / Man Discovers Old Naira Notes Left Behind By His Grand Dad For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2017
Becoming a dad for the first time can really be a new experience for any man (or woman).

You have to deal with the pressures that come with your better half being pregnant. issues such as vomitting, leg aches, back ache, loss of appetite, inability to sleep etc.

You have to handle all of these and ensure your wife maintains a perfect health level. She also has to go the hospital for ante - natal regularly.

The very next important stage is delivery. Its quite important that at this point, you do not risk the life of both mother and child. Getting to your hospital / clinic on time is important because that's where you would get the assistance for delivery.

Once you bundle of joy arrives you move to a new level entirely.

At this stage you need to learn how to take good care of your baby, your wife and yourself too. Your baby's fragility will be an issue to you and you will be concerned about everything from feeding to how much poo your baby makes.

Over the next couple of weeks, you will be getting details on how to handle such situations. These are real life happenings and you will be getting the details for http://firstimedaddy.com/our-blog/.

Source: http://firstimedaddy.com/our-blog/

2 Likes

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
A Baby is born today

The emotions were mixed, I was joyous and excited. At the same time I was confused. Very confused. Why was I confused? Well, I had just been told my lovely wife, the woman I had known since her innocent days, my better half has been delivered of a baby boy. Our very own brand new baby was born on Friday 26th February 2016. It has been a journey of over five years and we had just been gifted a bouncing baby boy by the Almighty.

All I knew was that my family had increased by one. I stepped out from the waiting room where I got the news and steeped into the corridor. My mother, sister and my second mother were all looking at me expectantly waiting to know what the Doctor just told me. With a straight face, I just told them all that my lovely wife had just completed the first stage of our assignment. She has given birth to our baby boy. They were estatic. There was so much pouring out of emotions that you would have felt they hit the jackpot in dollars.

They sure hit the jackpot. They had waited for five years plus to welcome their son and boy did they show it. I then waited to see the members of my family. My son came out first. He was small, maybe not that small but you probably know how newborns are. He weighed 2.9kg. One thing I noticed was the size of his ankles. They were so small that I feared they could break if too much pressure was applied.

Source: http://firstimedaddy.com/2016/09/14/a-baby-is-born-today/

1 Like

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 8:54am On Oct 16, 2017
A Case for Medical Practitioners

Imaging having to attend to over 20 patients on a daily basis in the delivery room. Just one Doctor! This was the situation at the General Hospital where my wife was delivered of our baby. This can be really stressful for the individual who has to see to different emotions of all the expectant mothers

And when complications arise, they also have to attend to this. Being a Government Hospital, I was actually surprised at how clean the environment was. The Government is actually doing a lot to try and improve Health Centres and General Hospitals, but it would also be of benefit if more Doctors are employed and deployed appropriately.

Employing more Doctors and Nurses would be of benefit to the state and citizens. This would ease the waiting time patients have to go through and ensure that we do not spend the whole day at the Hospital. Patients can then go home and rest after treatment.

In summary, I would like to thank the Government and Doctors and Nurses on duty that very day.

Thank You all once again.

Source: First Time Daddy

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2017
14 Simple Lifestyle Changes That Improves Your Chances of Becoming A Parent.

Becoming a parent for the first time can be really tasking for some couples and it comes down to their inability to become pregnant when they are ready for it.

Read more : www.firstimedaddy.com/our-blog
Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Hello everyone

Are you becoming a dad for the first time or you are already one?

Visit: http://firstimedaddy.com/our-blog/ for real life experience and education on becoming a dad
Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year

From FIRST Time Daddy
Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2018
The Top Eight Amazing Pregnancy Advice for Dads

Becoming a dad is almost always usually achieved by pregnancy and knowing what to do during the period of pregnancy is very important which is why this write up will be looking at what the best pregnancy advice for dads are.

The Top Eight Amazing Pregnancy Advice for Dads

There is a change in every man’s’ life as soon as your better half becomes pregnant. This change can be immediate or gradual. Knowing how to handle it will greatly improve the health of your wife and growing baby.

Most of the time your partner is pregnant, you would have to be the pillar that supports her well being. What this implies is that your attitude during this period will go a long way in affecting her daily mood and health.

So, What Are the Best Pregnancy Advice for Dads
Positive Attitude is Key
Having a positive attitude as an expectant father will go a long way in rubbing off your partner and also improve the health of your growing baby. You need to note that pregnant women have mood swings and during this period can be very pessimistic.

Mood swings are mainly caused by hormonal imbalances but you need to know that your partner really means no harm when she snaps at you. You have to continue to be supportive and show a lot of care.

Maintaining this positive outlook can be draining on your personal strength but you need to keep it up especially during the first and third trimesters. This is one of the best pregnancy advice for dads that would see you through.

Talk about the size of your family

Read more here: http://firstimedaddy.com/2018/01/12/the-top-eight-amazing-pregnancy-advice-for-dads-2/

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2018
14 Simple Lifestyle Changes That Improves Your Chances of Becoming A Parent

Becoming a parent for the first time can be really tasking for some couples and it comes down to their inability to become pregnant when they are ready for it.

When a couple has been together for six months to a year with no pregnancy, there is definitely an issue with their level of fertility.

Fertility levels of a couple can be affected by a lot of things, but one major obstacle is your lifestyle. Alcohol, creams, lack of exercise and be factors delaying your chances of taking in and becoming a parent.

Making simple changes to your current lifestyle can greatly improve your condition when trying to become a parent. Let’s take a closer look at the lifestyle changes you would need to work on below:

Lack of Quality Sleep:

Living in the fast paced world we are now, there are chances that while trying to archive that great accomplishment, you have been depriving yourself of enough sleep.

This alone can be directly responsible for infertility in women as lack of sleep can affect the release of luteinzing hormone, or LH – which is the hormone that triggers ovulation thereby disrupting your menstrual cycle.

Maintaining a Balanced Diet:

Food can be a major distraction in your everyday life. When you eat, what you eat and where you take your meals are very important when you are thinking of becoming a parent.

Your chances of conceiving will increase greatly when you eat a balanced diet that includes less fat, no carbonated drinks and more of fruits, vegetables, protein etc.

All of these foods are necessary for you to eat on a regular basis to have optimum metabolism which will in turn improve the fertility of both husband and wife.

Lack of Regular Exercise
[/b]
Exercise can play a major role when trying to conceive. Couples who have a history of exercising regularly would have a better chance at conceiving than those who don’t.

Regular exercise helps increase blood circulation, tones the muscles and ensures that fertility does not drop. You also need to ensure that your exercise routine does not become extreme.

Extreme exercise can be counterproductive as no exercise. It can cause low levels of body fat and disrupt the normal hormonal changes needed for ovulation in women.

[b]Weight gain or loss
[/b]
Women (and men) who are either over weight or underweight will struggle with conceiving more than individuals who have normal weight.

You want to know why?

The reason is that women who are overweight tend to produce androgen (male-type hormones), insulin and estrogen, all of which prevent the ovaries from releasing an egg each month and also affects the egg quality of those that manage to make it out.

Likewise, thin women have low levels of leptin, the hormone for appetite- and weight-regulation. When levels get too low over a period, the brain is told the body does not have enough fat available for reproduction, thereby halting ovulation.

Weight is an important factor that needs to be checked on time to aid your ability to conceive.

[b]Folic Acid to the rescue

When trying to conceive, there is a little vitamin that would be of great help to you. It is called Folic Acid. Continuous intake of folic acid, which is the synthetic form of foliate, which occurs naturally in foods like oranges, improves ovulation in women and also helps men make healthier sperm.

Studies conducted at the University of California Berkeley’s School of Public Health showed that a man who took a lot of folic acid and had no prior history of fertility issues has 20 percent reduction in number of abnormal sperm produced.

This means you can greatly improve your chances of becoming a parent by taking Folic Acid.

Stop smoking today

Smoking is actually dangerous to your overall health. If it does not kill you at some point, it would cause serious damage to your body.

One of the effects of smoking is that it hampers your chances of conception. This is due to the fact that smoking directly affects the sperm quality in men and egg quality in women which in turn reduces the chances of conception.

When you stop smoking, you give yourself a great chance to conceive easily and faster. Remember, you need to also reduce your exposure to all forms of smoke to ensure that your body is working optimally.

Take the chill pill

You need to constantly remain calm over the period you are trying to increase your fertility. You can achieve this by going for therapy. Becoming a parent can be a hard job but you do not want to make it harder.

Therapy has been found to more than double the conception rate for women who were having trouble conceiving. There are various relaxation techniques you can choose such as meditation, Autogenic training etc.

These methods of relaxation would greatly help you calm down overtime and regulate your body properly in readiness for conceiving.

Doing it at the right times

Thinking of becoming a parent? You need to have sex regularly and especially close to your ovulation period. For you to be able to achieve this you need to know how to calculate your cycle properly.

Once you have that part covered, it becomes easier to plan meeting your partner. Remember that this is not a chore and should not be seen as that. Relax and enjoy yourselves. This increases your chances of conceiving.

Maximize your chances even further with an over-the –counter predictor kit, which measures the surge of luteinizing hormone (LH) right before ovulation.

Keep your sac cool

The only reason the scrotal sac hangs outside a man’s body is because it holds the testicles, which produces sperm and the testicles were designed to be cooled and cannot stand high body temperature.

Keeping the temperature down there cool is vital when looking to conceive which is why wearing tight clothes around that area is discouraged.

When there is a drop in temperature, the testicles move close to the body. This phenomenon will keep the testicles warm enough to aid the production of sperm in the body.

Trans Fats are bad for you

What exactly are Trans Fats? Trans fats are types of fats that are either naturally produced in the guts of some animals and foods made from these animals (milk and meat products etc) or they can also be created in an industrial process of adding hydrogen to liquid vegetable oil to make them more solid.

Trans fats are associated with a high risk of infertility. According to a research by Dr. Chavarro, from Harvard Medical School, he concluded that Trans Fats reduces the body’s ability to react to insulin and women who have insulin resistance are more prone to irregular ovulation.

Avoiding the intake of such harmful fats would be beneficial especially for couples seeking to conceive.

Vegetable or Animal Protein

The thing about this topic is that there are lots of misconceptions on weather its better for a woman or man to only take vegetable protein (such as beans, lentils, nuts etc) or sticking with red meat, fish etc.

Protein is the mineral that help helps provide the body with amino acids which are the building blocks for the hormones in our bodies.

You get the most complete amino acids from animal protein that you do from vegetable protein but the risk of infertility decreases with a high level of vegetable intake.

Finding the correct balance that would work for you is in your best interest. You cannot do completely without both of the protein sources so your best bet is to find some sort of middle ground on the quantity to take which will in turn improve your chances of becoming a parent.

Environmental Pollution

The world we all live in now is so polluted, that some cities have smug over their skies. This is definitely a great hindrance to the ability of couples trying to conceive as pollution from sources such as traffic exhaust fumes reduces the level of fertility of couples staying closer to the highways than those who stay farther away.

It is advisable that couples suffering from infertility and staying in areas prone to environmental pollution should try to relocate from such areas. This act alone would also save the child, when conceived from unnecessary health risks.

Drug Overdose

The implications of abusing drugs can be dire. It also has a negative effect on fertility. A lot of research has shown that the sperm of a man is greatly affected by the use of drugs. The sperm can be regenerated if the use of drugs is stopped. For women, the consequences are even more pronounced. Since women are born with a set amount of eggs, once they become damaged, they cannot be repaired or regenerated.

Chances of becoming a parent are greatly diminished when drug is abused. You need to only take prescribed medication and never abuse drugs.

Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary tract infection can happen anywhere along the male urinary tract. If left untreated, it can cause structural damage to a man’s reproductive system and prevent the healthy production of sperm.

UTIs are caused by germs and bacteria which enter the urethra and then proceeds to the bladder. The longer the infection in the urinary tract is left untreated; it can cause serious damage to the ability of semen and sperm being transported through the urinary tract which will lead to infertility.

Making all of these lifestyle changes listed above will greatly improve your chances of becoming a parent. Share with us your experiences.

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
THE LABOR ROOM EXPERIENCE

I would never have felt so confused if 'i at work but when my wife was in labor and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it, I was very confused.

We left home by 5am as my wife had seen her water break by 12 midnight. we barely had up to an hour of sleep as the contractions would not allow us any peace. she would scream and later calm down after which she would note the time difference from the last contraction.

Well, since i knew I could not deliver our baby at home (I have no experience about child delivery) I got us on the road by 5:am and we got to the general hospital by 5:20am.

I didn't know what to expect but she was checked in and given a bed in the labor ward. I sat outside and there was an elderly woman beside me who was in a thankful mood. Her daughter just delivered her grand child and she was busy calling up family and friends very excitedly. Silently, i was happy for her and i wished myself good luck.

The wait then started. I was allowed a couple of times into the ward but not for too long and i could see that my wife was going through so much pain. I continued to encourage her though, but I wished that I could take away the pain from her at that point and deliver the baby myself.

I called my mother - in - law and my mum to inform both of that we were at the Hospital. They both seem to arrive before I dropped their respective calls.

By 2 pm, she wasn't even 6 cm dilated and we were going to 10 cm. i was like nawa. Experience is truly the best teacher. I was so scared of the painful experience she was going through that I almost asked the doctor for a CS for her.

Thankfully, by 6: 47pm, The wait was over and we had cause to smile.

Remember that woman I saw in the morning? Well she came back in the evening and rejoiced with me.

1 Like

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by baldman: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
Amazing birthstory, I will share mine pretty soon.
Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
baldman:
Amazing birthstory, I will share mine pretty soon.

We will be waiting to read from you very soon. All the best.

1 Like

Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
Where are the daddies?
Re: BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! by INFOTECH2: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
It's time for school fees and a lot of parents will be stressed out and tired especially if fees have not been paid.

Please don't stress. Tell the school you will pay small small if you truly don't have but make sure you stick to the payment plan agreed on.

Try it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / Why Are Most Adolescent Getting Pregnant Nowadays? / Check Out These Adult Siblings Remaking Their Childhood Memories In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.