Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup (25836 Views)

See The Goat Meat Pepper Soup I Made To Reciprocate Love To My Female Neighbor / See How I Made This Very Delicious Goat Meat Pepper Soup Recipe (Photos, Video) / Native Assorted Meat Pepper Soup (pix & video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by kay29000(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
hmm
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by rosebuzz(f): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
SLOVFO:
I would rather use ehuru (or African nutmeg) than thyme and nutmeg. I wonder how a pepper soup will taste with thyme.
I wonder how thyme & nutmeg will taste inside d pepper soup. Awon cook agba

2 Likes

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Angy55(f): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
sunshineG:
I am beginning to think you have those specs I mentioned in my previous post. grin grin ...pictorial evidence will help our ministry, don't you think? cheesy

Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Angy55(f): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
sunshineG:
I am beginning to think you have those specs I mentioned in my previous post. grin grin ...pictorial evidence will help our ministry, don't you think? cheesy

Hehehe.
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Angy55(f): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Awoofawo:
Abeg go meet am inside room, make e pound you pounded yam with him strong and reliable omoriodo wellawella............. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

World people
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Awoofawo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Angy55:

World people
Heaven People nko....you go invite them?!
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Op, pepper soup with thyme? Ah- ah that one no be pepper soup again naa.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Jerrypolo(m): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
SLOVFO:
I would rather use ehuru (or calabash nutmeg) than thyme and nutmeg. I wonder how a pepper soup will taste with thyme.

I shock too o.

I actually decided to read comments to see who would complain.

Now that I found you, there is still hope for original African goat meat pepper soup.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Lexusgs430: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Can I have the goat soup, without the pepper?
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by fluxbush(f): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
Op, this recipe of yours must be 'Americanised'. Thyme and nutmeg in peppersoup? Chineke nna! What happened to Ehuru,Uda, Uziza seeds, ulima etc ? undecided undecided

And you even termed it the best goat meat pepper soup! O di egwu.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
I remember back in school n during service year, had to b in constant touch with a particular blog by a lady, just to know how to prepare some of the delicacies I wanted to eat..

It's nice preparing these things on your own instead of buying out
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dear op when will provide recipe for dog meat pepper soup
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Happyfellow147: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
My dear i wonder o
Thought I was the only one uncomfortable with the recipe
SLOVFO:
I would rather use ehuru (or calabash nutmeg) than thyme and nutmeg. I wonder how a pepper soup will taste with thyme.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Chommieblaq(f): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
SLOVFO:
Thyme and nutmeg?
shocked shocked
This recipe is a no no for me, but then each to his or her own.

No ehuru (calabash nutmeg), no ginger, what will then give it that distinct peppersoup taste. These ingredients are easily gotten in the market. Many food stuff sell it as "pepper soup spice" (combination of ehuru, ginger, uda seed and ulima "alligator pepper" )

2 Likes

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
grin
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by EazyMoh(m): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
CC: My future wife. This is my favorite pepper soup.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Oladipo1166(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
rubbish, Monkey meat
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
No problem.. am waiting but make sure you bring oyoyo along.
FemiEddy:

Can I come to ur house? I will bring Angy55 Lefulefu Luminouz Lalas247 SunshineG along

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Try it and you will testify. I personally can't have pepper soup without thyme. It is the best!
rosebuzz:
I wonder how thyme & nutmeg will taste inside d pepper soup. Awon cook agba
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
Am sorry I don't eat dog.
asuustrike2009:
Dear op when will provide recipe for dog meat pepper soup
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by poweredcom(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
I no de take goat meat pepper soup play
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by madjune(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
Very simple to cook.

My best days in Lagos aren't complete if I don't remember that goat head joint off salvation road at the end of Allen.

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bookmarked. Melikey

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by agarawu23(m): 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
That kind thing with a bottle of joven cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by elyonchee(f): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
I have learnt a lot thanks
eneubane1:
Goat Meat Pepper Soup is a hot and spicy soup made with goat meat. It is popular in Nigeria as it can be found in most eateries and drinking joints.

Nigerian goat meat pepper soup has a distinct smell, that differentiate it from other meat pepper soup. All edible part of the goat can be used for making pepper soup or you can make use of the red meat alone.

Goat meat is known as chevon/mutton in international markets. Here's how to make a delicious pot of Nigerian goat meat pepper soup:

Ingredients for Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup:
• 500g Goat meat... cut into small sizes
• 2 spoonful ground Nutmeg
• 2 spoonful of Thyme
• Habanero/Chilli Pepper (to taste)
• 2 teaspoonful Dry Uziza/basil leaves (optional)
• 1 tablespoonful of ground Crayfish
• 2 seasoning cubes (maggi or knorr)
• 1 medium Onion bulb (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Water (as needed)

To prepare the Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup

• Wash the meat and put in the pot then season the goat meat pieces with chopped onions, seasoning cubes and salt to taste.

• Leave the meat to simmer in its own juice for 5 minutes, then add a little water and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.

• After the 30 minutes, add enough water to cover the meat. Taste for salt, and if need be, add extra salt and the remaining seasoning cube.

• Then add the, nutmeg, thyme, ground crayfish, pepper and the chopped uziza/basil leaves; mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes or until the Goat meat is tender or well cooked.

• That's it, you just made a delicious pot of Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup. Serve hot and enjoy.

Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup can be served alone as a meal or as a side dish with rice, agidi, boiled yams, potatoes or boiled plantains.

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/10/goat-meat-pepper-soup.html

1 Like

Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
You are welcome
elyonchee:
I have learnt a lot thanks
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by SLOVFO(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Jerrypolo:

I shock too o.

I actually decided to read comments to see who would complain.

Now that I found you, there is still hope for original African goat meat pepper soup.

Thanks a lot.
cheesy
Re: The Best Goat Meat Pepper Soup by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
nonsense no shaki,liver,and ring contains shit, d shit in d intestine give d pepper soup its unique taste, come Benin make I teach u, u b learner especially male native goat pepper soup e sweet die

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prawn Stew In Pictures / What Is Velvet Tamarind Called In Your Native Language? / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.