Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174289 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
overlord77:

November 29th is available in Abuja
Its available in lagos too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
I must be sincere with you. It will be a close call if you have not travel as a family after your refusal. Your chances may be high if either you or your wife have travel after your refusal. I still don't see any changes since your refusal. It may be difficult to get the visa but don't give up. Fill your application form very well, be explanatory in your job duties and put confidence in your interview. Your outstanding interview with the visa officer may get you the visa.
If you have anything to correct, fill a new DS 160 application form and copy the new DS 160 number to your profile, update it and print new appointment confirmation. Best of luck.

slimmie24:
we have not travel as a family after the refusal. And my other question was some changes need to be done on my application forms which I used to pick date for the interview so I had to fill another one so can I use the new one for my interview? That is I want to use another application forms different from the one I used to pick interview date because there was a little error in the previous one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cheucheu: 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mbamto:

Thank you.

LadyGuinivere and Justwise, Thank you for this new thread!

Thanks for this..very helpful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 1:04am On Nov 14, 2017
kristinbaby:
I must be sincere with you. It will be a close call if you have not travel as a family after your refusal. Your chances may be high if either you or your wife have travel after your refusal. I still don't see any changes since your refusal. It may be difficult to get the visa but don't give up. Fill your application form very well, be explanatory in your job duties and put confidence in your interview. Your outstanding interview with the visa officer may get you the visa.
If you have anything to correct, fill a new DS 160 application form and copy the new DS 160 number to your profile, update it and print new appointment confirmation. Best of luck.

I heard that correcting some things in a new DS160 form after a refusal might lead to another refusal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2017
concho:
I heard that correcting some things in a new DS160 form after a refusal might lead to another refusal
Who said so?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ayantybat: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
Good morning Nairalanders,
Pls I need some help, earlier this year June precisely my husband applied for b1/b2 he was visiting Texas for a church program but was denied visa, when he got home he was sure it was a tiny mistake he made so he reapplied and went back 2weeks after, he said the lady he met on his 2nd Interview was more friendly and was going to issue his visa till d moment she told him she wants to check his previous application and immediately her countenance changed and was denied for the 2nd time...
1. Now we are planning of applying has a family by next year March,we have a daughter who will be 2years old by February and am expecting our 2nd baby by June...
2.we plan on birthing our baby in the US,vacation and also attend d church program my husband missed last year, we will be staying for 3months
3.am the head of finance in my office and my office is willing to foot the bills....
4.None of us has travel history.... PLEASE HELP A SISTER IN NEED... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:
Pls I need some help, earlier this year June precisely my husband applied for b1/b2 he was visiting Texas for a church program but was denied visa, when he got home he was sure it was a tiny mistake he made so he reapplied and went back 2weeks after, he said the lady he met on his 2nd Interview was more friendly and was going to issue his visa till d moment she told him she wants to check his previous application and immediately her countenance changed and was denied for the 2nd time...
1. Now we are planning of applying has a family by next year March,we have a daughter who will be 2years old by February and am expecting our 2nd baby by June...
2.we plan on birthing our baby in the US,vacation and also attend d church program my husband missed last year, we will be staying for 3months
3.am the head of finance in my office and my office is willing to foot the bills....
4.None of us has travel history.... PLEASE HELP A SISTER IN NEED... THANK YU IN ADVANCE
Tiny mistake? Pray tell. What is it?
Mistake or misrepresentation? Ma. Only you can help you. Sort out the ish. Cos any note the first person made is still there and will be there. So my advice is for you guys not to join in the pre existing wahala
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Your answer to that question should be yes,and put the date you intend to arrive US and your departure date.
valentino81:
Good morning good people in the house. i applied for U.S visa last October and the available date for interview then was 19th of December 2017.
my question is this; My intended date of travel i filled in my ds-160 is 23rd of December, 2017 because i am going for xmas vacation. Hope the time interval won't affect the issuance of the visa and what's likely the question to expect over this and the answers.
secondly, on the ds-160 form part question about if i have make any travel plans...my answer is NO.
Your submissions are highly welcome.

Thanks God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ayantybat: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you for the response @ladyguinivere... He said d mistake he noticed he made in the first application was that he left out his dad's date of birth and his work details he gave was sketchy so he corrected the 2 mistakes in his 2nd application,
1. any advice on what he can do to correct t his mistake pls
2. Should I just apply for a medical visa myself and attach my daughter as a dependant while he reapply for b1/b2 and makes sure his mistake doesn't repeat itself
LadyGuinivere:
Tiny mistake? Pray tell. What is it?
Mistake or misrepresentation? Ma. Only you can help you. Sort out the ish. Cos any note the first person made is still there and will be there. So my advice is for you guys not to join in the pre existing wahala
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
seyewest:
Who said so?
An Aunty
. I made mistake while entering my yr of admision in uni n graduation yr. I wanted to correct it in my new application but she asked me not to.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
kristinbaby:
Wow what a transcript!!!. Congratulations. Kristinbaby always at your service. Your passport will be ready in three working days. You should get the passport before next week Saturday. They will text you or mail you. You can also track it on their website. Enjoy your trip.

I tracked it and it's still saying passport is at the embassy. I'm getting worried. Is there any hope of it being ready for pickup tomorrow?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello LegitBachelor -

Visas are usually printed and available for pickup within 3 business days. Friday this week is a US holiday so the Embassy and Consulate will be closed. May I ask, was your interview in Abuja or Lagos?

LagosNIV

It's in Lagos.

Does it take longer time in Lagos? My trip to a schenghen area will be this weekend and I need the passport for the trip.

I'm getting worried especially when the case of Fyorgyn comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hi, it's just 2 working days today, you should get it before Friday. Relax Mr. Bachelor smiley

LegitBachelor:
I tracked it and it's still saying passport is at the embassy. I'm getting worried. Is there any hope of it being ready for pickup tomorrow?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:
4.None of us has travel history.... PLEASE HELP A SISTER IN NEED... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I don't believe your office will foot any of those bills even if you're the owner of the firm... The reason I said so is because none of what you want to go and do in U.S is an official matter so if you present your case in this way they will refuse you.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
concho:
An Aunty
. I made mistake while entering my yr of admision in uni n graduation yr. I wanted to correct it in my new application but she asked me not to.
The U.S embassy is not with your school certificate so how will they even consider that a mistake unless that date is overlapping with when you started work or Nysc.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
LegitBachelor:
It's in Lagos.

Does it take longer time in Lagos? My trip to a schenghen area will be this weekend and I need the passport for the trip.

I'm getting worried especially when the case of Fyorgyn comes to mind.
Go to the collection center if it's not there write the embassy asap and visit the embassy as well.
Oh just read that you got the visa on friday... you will have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jamoyakz: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
good day people... please can someone be interviewed in Lagos and collect his or her passport in Abuja if approved
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ayantybat: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
OK... Tnx for the response,Ow do I best present my case
seyewest:

I don't believe your office will foot any of those bills even if you're the owner of the firm... The reason I said so is because none of what you want to go and do in U.S is an official matter so if you present your case in this way they will refuse you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:

Seriously, your office will do such and that includes the cost of child birth in the US

Yeah Right!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:
OK... Tnx for the response,Ow do I best present my case

From personal experience don't even say your Firm is sponsoring your private trip it just doesn't work that way.
if you want to birth it's right you apply for medical visa and provide the necessary documentation for your interview and visit the U.S Birthing section on nairaland and one more thing I don't think your husband is gonna get a U.S visa in a long time due to what you said in his transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ayantybat: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks I really do appreciate ur response... Have already started going through the trends for U.S Birthing section.......quote author=seyewest post=62370566]

From personal experience don't even say your Firm is sponsoring your private trip it just doesn't work that way.
if you want to birth it's right you apply for medical visa and provide the necessary documentation for your interview and visit the U.S Birthing section on nairaland and one more thing I don't think your husband is gonna get a U.S visa in a long time due to what you said in his transcript.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
seyewest:

The U.S embassy is not with your school certificate so how will they even consider that a mistake unless that date is overlapping with when you started work or Nysc.
Am not protesting ur sincerity sir, but i love clarity. If i did understand you well sir, you are saying that the embassy dsnt keep records of information from a previous DS160 form . I.e, they cant correlate the two entries when a candidate is reapplying for a visa.
Am not doubting you, am trying to understand your point sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ayantybat: 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
I requested for family vacation sponsoring in place of the small shikini car they want to give me for outstanding staff for the year.... Taught I would sound more genuine by saying they are sponsoring but thanks to @seyewest for the advice
Beautyaddy:

Seriously, your office will do such and that includes the cost of child birth in the US

Yeah Right!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by michaeladesiyan: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
PLEASE I NEED HELP:

I will like to apply for a business visa with my family.

the previous 2 sections are not showing or i may need the link

please what docs do we need? we got passport, NPC birth cert thats all

what else please.

polite answers please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
concho:
Am not protesting ur sincerity sir, but i love clarity. If i did understand you well sir, you are saying that the embassy dsnt keep records of information from a previous DS160 form . I.e, they cant correlate the two entries when a candidate is reapplying for a visa.

No, you did not understand him. The records are there and will remain there.... He's saying if the records you have there is an outright misrepresentation on the long run, you then are in for a long thing, but if it is correct and can make sense from calculations, you then should worry less. Ciao!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:
I requested for family vacation sponsoring in place of the small shikini car they want to give me for outstanding staff for the year.... Taught I would sound more genuine by saying they are sponsoring but thanks to @seyewest for the advice

My joy is that as you keep tweaking this your story line here and there, even the dumbest of persons will catch you in your lie, not to talk of a trained VO. You are looking for a validation and an endorsement/affirmation from peeps here, abi? You better sit yourself down, not even here, concentrate on the Birthing Thread and understand what you are up against clearly, my two cents!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
michaeladesiyan:
PLEASE I NEED HELP:

what else please.

polite answers please.

https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

It's all here, make do with the links....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
concho:

No I never said that what I'm saying is that why will they denied you Visa because of school cert date etc... unless you changed it from the previous one you filled earlier.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
michaeladesiyan:
PLEASE I NEED HELP:

what else please.

polite answers please.
you will apply for a business visa while your family will apply for tourism visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jamoyakz: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
seyewest and co please can someone please go for interview in Lagos and collect his or her passport in Abuja if approved?? please it's urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Danielakonic: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
jamoyakz:
seyewest and co please can someone please go for interview in Lagos and collect his or her passport in Abuja if approved?? please it's urgent

To my knowledge, i don’t think it’s possible. Because, since i selected lagos for the interview, it gave me only 2 pickup locations option within Lagos.

Check it yourself on the appointment platform
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayantybat:
Thank you for the response @ladyguinivere... He said d mistake he noticed he made in the first application was that he left out his dad's date of birth and his work details he gave was sketchy so he corrected the 2 mistakes in his 2nd application,
1. any advice on what he can do to correct t his mistake pls
2. Should I just apply for a medical visa myself and attach my daughter as a dependant while he reapply for b1/b2 and makes sure his mistake doesn't repeat itself
I'm sorry 'sketchy work details ' is in no way ' a tiny mistake'
Way forward
If he lied: come clean and hope for the best
If he was honest, present proof of honesty.

You can decide to apply alone. It still boils down to the vo to evaluate your ties and weigh your application vis a vis whatever record your family/husband created

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.