Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170796 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 12:37am On Nov 16, 2017
kristinbaby:
Ok good, I'm sure your mind is now at rest.
Yes o, my mind is now at rest grin

Enjoy your trip. Buy something from Europe come ooo cheesy.
Lol, hope I'll have the time. Staying only for a week and it's work related and very time demanding. However, my trip to the US is close to a month and is not work related......so maybe na yankee things i go buy wink

We look forward to your new handle name LegitConjugal. Lol smiley

Amen! Lol

Love the sound of the name grin

God bless you real good Kristin. Are you based in the States or you a visitor (just like I'm about to become wink)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 12:53am On Nov 16, 2017
Fyorgyn:
This post made me smile yesterday... see as I don become reference point!

I finally got my passport back after almost two weeks. It was not funny waiting... not knowing what went wrong. I really was at my wits end because I had missed a meeting in the US and was on the brink of missing another in a different country.

It really is true what they say... Apply for visas as early as possible because anything can happen!

I did not envisage that I will be asked to schedule an interview after dropbox submission... or that the interview dates will be so far at this time of the year.

Lesson Learnt sha!

smiley smiley smiley

Yes o, reading your posts scared me to the bones. This is because, just like yours, my imminent trip is to a different country and is work-related while the US trip is for vacation.

I can't imagine how I'll explain to my employers that I can't go for the session due to my application for a vacation related US Visa. And my trip to the schenghen area had already been paid for, they've even paid me my estacode for the trip! It would've been a disaster. I just thank God I got it. Also thank God you got it too.

And yes, I've learnt my lesson too. Never knew it could take more than 3 working days to get US Visa. It was when I got the white paper and I saw 10 days that I began to worry. I then did specific search here on the forum and saw a few complaints on visa delays. Yours was the one that gave me the most concern. What made matters worse was that you even told the VO about the urgency (I didn't even tell mine) during your interview and yet there was a lag.

So next time, I'll I'll apply for renewal months before the trip. Don't want a repeat of Fyorgyn's Syndrome grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 1:58am On Nov 16, 2017
LegitBachelor:
smiley smiley smiley

Don't want a repeat of Fyorgyn's Syndrome grin

Hehehe...this really cracked me up!!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2017
I can see the anxiety in you. Mind at rest, no more sleepless night thinking of interview and if visa is available for pick up.
You will really enjoy your vacation in States, buy Yankee things for your fellow nairalanders smiley
God bless you too Mr. Bachelor. I'm not based in States. I'm on non immigrant visa, I've being renewing my non immigrant visa since 2005, that is over a decade. I'm a veteran lol cheesy
Enjoy your trip and invite nairalanders when you want to tie the knot smiley wink cheesy

LegitBachelor:
Yes o, my mind is now at rest grin

Lol, hope I'll have the time. Staying only for a week and it's work related and very time demanding. However, my trip to the US is close to a month and is not work related......so maybe na yankee things i go buy wink

Amen! Lol

Love the sound of the name grin

God bless you real good Kristin. Are you based in the States or you a visitor (just like I'm about to become wink)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by narorose(f): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Hi,gdmorning nairalanders,i have been following dis thread for a long time now but couldn't make any contribution.pls my question is dis,how long does it take for an applicant who was refused visa to reapply again?(us tourist visa)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yinkus1011: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning naira landers, i have been a silent follower of this trend for a while now and i want to give kudos to you all for all the priceless advice you always give, it's been helping a lot. My question now is: do the VO still ask to see your documents like your bank statement, your landed papers and co this days cause i have being scheduled for my visa b1/b2 interview this october but i am yet to print my account statements from my bank. Is it mandatory i take it along because the one i have with me is not the current one. And do i take my business or my personal saving account statement.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2017
narorose:
Hi,gdmorning nairalanders,i have been following dis thread for a long time now but couldn't make any contribution.pls my question is dis,how long does it take for an applicant who was refused visa to reapply again?(us tourist visa)
You may have to still follow this thread for a long time yet. You can apply immediately though, maybe three months, a year, five years. But ensure there's substantial improvements and changes in your life and ties before you do so, just so you don't get same result as before....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2017
Yinkus1011:
Good morning naira landers, i have been a silent follower of this trend for a while now and i want to give kudos to you all for all the priceless advice you always give, it's been helping a lot. My question now is: do the VO still ask to see your documents like your bank statement, your landed papers and co this days cause i have being scheduled for my visa b1/b2 interview this october but i am yet to print my account statements from my bank. Is it mandatory i take it along because the one i have with me is not the current one. And do i take my business or my personal saving account statement.

@the bolded; Must you people always say this and still end up asking over-basic questions? Really, it's not fair, at all, quite nauseating!

Well, you don't need all of those documents. Just your international passport, GTB visa fee receipt, interview appointment confirmation letter, and DS160 confirmation page that is needed.... You can go with any other document your mind tells you though, at least to comfort yourself and boost your confidence if you so desire, but 99% of the times VOs won't look at them....

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jesufifunmi: 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello jesufifiunmi -

At this point the maximum validity for US visas issued to Nigerian citizens is 2 years.

LagosNIV

Ok Ma'am. Said something like "it's a decision made by the embassy, and it's given to few randomly selected applicants".

Now i know who to believe.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kay50(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
Good day my good people am about filling my D160 application form please can some help me with this question. Where they asked have you made a travel plans I think the answer is yes and do I need to fill the travel itinerary despite that I have been granted the visa am confused with that. Please I need help with that. Thanks all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kay50(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
I mean despite that I haven't been granted the visa..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ghaul(m): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
@LadyG, Justwise, Seyewest, ...all d gurus pls advise....

I have booked an appointment for interview (28/11/2017) - single application. There's a change in plans now, as I intend travelling with my family (wifey and 2 kids).

Pls how do I re-adjust the application to accommodate my family and re-schedule a new interview date?

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
kay50:
Good day my good people am about filling my D160 application form please can some help me with this question. Where they asked have you made a travel plans I think the answer is yes and do I need to fill the travel itinerary despite that I have been granted the visa am confused with that. Please I need help with that. Thanks all.

Why? Its up to you...You can pick Yes if u sure u have made any specific travel plans and No, if u haven't.

But you must know that saying this on your DS-160...that you already made travel plans like booking and buying tickets ahead does not in any way guarantee that your visa would be approved.This much I can say! Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
domcreative:
Second question please, Primary occupation.

Here is my situation, I have two companies, one registered as an Incorporated trustee NGO ( is a Micro Finance ), we give loans to traders and market women, financial transactions is daily ( I'm applying in the name of this organization as i am attending a conference ).

Second company, Limited liability, i use this for contract with a multinational company, i have done two contracts with them, got paid for one and expecting invoice for the second, there likely will be one or two more contract before interview with same company.

But my problem right now, i live outside Nigeria, last time i was in Nigeria was January and left June this year ( legally resident where i am ), both companies registered march this year.

My problem, Will the interviewer accept these businesses that run on their own as enough hometie for me to return to Nigeria, please i need your advise/input good people.

To me, it seems you yourself doubt that these businesses are "hometies" for you.
You could apply from where you are legally resident, so long as you have ties there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
domcreative:
Second question please, Primary occupation.

Here is my situation, I have two companies, one registered as an Incorporated trustee NGO ( is a Micro Finance ), we give loans to traders and market women, financial transactions is daily ( I'm applying in the name of this organization as i am attending a conference ).

Second company, Limited liability, i use this for contract with a multinational company, i have done two contracts with them, got paid for one and expecting invoice for the second, there likely will be one or two more contract before interview with same company.

But my problem right now, i live outside Nigeria, last time i was in Nigeria was January and left June this year ( legally resident where i am ), both companies registered march this year.

My problem, Will the interviewer accept these businesses that run on their own as enough hometie for me to return to Nigeria, please i need your advise/input good people.

As home ties? Businesses that you have been away abroad from for several months? A whole lot not the kind of advantage to count on if you are applying from Nigeria, unless other factors weigh in and work for you good. It will be better if you find the ties where you are resident and apply from there....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
The answer should be yes if you have already made a travel plan such as date of arrival and date of departure.quote author=kay50 post=62435025]Good day my good people am about filling my D160 application form please can some help me with this question. Where they asked have you made a travel plans I think the answer is yes and do I need to fill the travel itinerary despite that I have been granted the visa am confused with that. Please I need help with that. Thanks all.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
domcreative:
Good people, completing DS-160, Please how important is parent's date of birth, i already filled "Do not know" And i swear, i really don't know, will the interviewer not be uncomfortable that i don't know my parents DOB?

No ish IMO.... You don't know you don't know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by borryworld: 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
Yeanca:
what are the chances of getting a US visiting visa at the US embassy in Nigeria?(with an hijab,my international passport too,am on hijab)
No problem. Check their site for picture specification. Sample of an applicant on hijab is there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
bigbus:

To me, it seems you yourself doubt that these businesses are "hometies" for you.
You could apply from where you are legally resident, so long as you have ties there.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
OmoBendel24:

No ish IMO.... You don't know you don't know.

Oshei, thanks boss, was about calling to find out the age, guess will just leave it blank.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
OmoBendel24:

As home ties? Businesses that you have been away abroad from for several months? A whole lot not the kind of advantage to count on if you are applying from Nigeria, unless other factors weigh in and work for you good. It will be better if you find the ties where you are resident and apply from there....

That is exactly my fear, applying from here will be another issue, will need a working permit which i don't have.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jalay(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Its my first time here and I wish to travel to US on a visit. UK visit seems flexible to me., But I barely know about US.

Can someone pls help me on ow to start the procedures and requirements needed.
A family friend invited me to come spend the xmas and new year with them. Planned on staying for 2 weeks.

Thx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2017
domcreative:

I swear, i doubt, that is the reason i'm here to seek opinion, Applying from here will need a working permit, i do business here, buy clothing items and send to Nigeria, i have people who buy ( wholesale ) and remit money to my personal account. So i don't know how i can use this as a hometie since, i'm not legally registered to do business here.
You apply from where you are legally resident or home country. You must however have ties wherever u decide to apply from
U cannot apply from another country and count on Nigeria as ties .
If you do not have ties, then wait until you do

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2017
jalay:
Hi guys,
Its my first time here and I wish to travel to US on a visit. UK visit seems flexible to me., But I barely know about US.

A family friend invited me to come spend the xmas and new year with them. Planned on staying for 2 weeks.

Thx
Go to the website of the country you wish to visit and read up their requirements. That should be the logical thing to do, abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You apply from where you are legally resident or home country. You must however have ties wherever u decide to apply from
U cannot apply from another country and count on Nigeria as ties .
If you do not have ties, then wait until you do

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2017
jalay:
Hi guys,

Thx

Where will you be applying from. I don't think Lagos has interview dates for this year any longer.

You may get in Abuja though.

What do you do?

What's your travel history like?

Are you married (if yes are u applying with family)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2017
Friendship it only the spirit that can answer that question.

One thing be confident in answering your questions and defend whatever you have entered in your Ds 160. Have it at the back of your mind that all information given now and years to come will be a yard stick to your approval or denial.

IMO.... It's advisable to apply from county you live and work.

Best wishes
domcreative:

Good morning @LadyG thanks for your response, i already booked an appoint and will be applying from Nigeria, however, i'm concerned if the interviewer, will be satisfied that my businesses, which run on their own in Nigeria, will be a hometie for me. since my entry and exit is going to show that i was away for over 6 months.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2017
domcreative:

Good morning @LadyG thanks for your response, i already booked an appoint and will be applying from Nigeria, however, i'm concerned if the interviewer, will be satisfied that my businesses, which run on their own in Nigeria, will be a hometie for me. since my entry and exit is going to show that i was away for over 6 months.

Slim, quite slim.... Give it your shot all the same, but quite slim, unless you have other advantages going for you. Quite, quite slim!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Slim, quite slim.... Give it your shot all the same, but quite slim, unless you have other advantages going for you. Quite, quite slim!

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.