Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) (5544 Views)

2021 Ankara Styles Pictures: African Dress Design Pictures. / Cute Nail Design Ideas 2021: #nails Design Pictures 2021. / Beads Design Pictures: Latest Design For Ladies To Slay Fashion Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am a beauty addict that just ventured into soap making, it has been a satisfying and fulfilling journey so far. I learn more as i make more batches of soap. I have mastered the process of soap making and functions of each Ingredients and additives. Now learning soap design to create stunning soaps. Here are types of soap designs that I came across online

1). Layering technique: it involve seperating your thin trace soap batter into atleast 2 containers. Add desired colour to each. Mix till the soap thicken a bit. Pour the soap in the mould - colour A, then B. Leave to solidify for atleast 24 hours before you unmould.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2017
If you want a simple minimalist layered soap. Just pour soap into the mould. sprinkle a thin layer of mica on it. Pour another layer of soap in it mould. Followed by thin mica layer. repeat till you have your desired layers. Super Easy.

Tip: Do not sprinkle too much mica on the soap, that might make the soap layers to separate later on.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 6:41am On Oct 15, 2017
2). Spoon Plop Technique: split the thin trace soap into four containers into each container. Use a whisk to fully mix in the colorants. Mix till the soap batter gets thicker (media trace).

Use a large spoon for each color. Spoon the soap into the mold, one color at a time, layering them in three different spots till the mould gets full. Swirl the top of the soap with fork or chopstick.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2017
3). Textured top technique: This can be as easy as possible yet you can also make it a complex design by merging it with other design

Plain Textured top:
You can choose to add color and fragrance to the soap at thin trace. Blend soap until it’s at thick trace – about the texture of thick pudding. Pour in the mold, use a spoon or spatula to create a peak in the center and top the soap with seeds or flower buds .

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2017
An example of complex textured top soap design plus hanging swirl

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
4). Embed: is a technique that involves making objects or shapes from soap (e.g. Soap dough or Melt and pour soap) then suspending that in soap after pouring into the mould.

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
5). Negative Embed: involves putting things like bottles or pvc pipe in the mould then pouring soap batter around the object in the mould.

Wait till the soap solidify and remove the object.

Pour soaps with different colors in the space previously occupied by the objects.

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
6). In the pot swirl: involves separating soaps into atleast 3 container. Add different color to each soap batter. Pour the other 2 into 3rd container. Then pour the soap into the mould. You can add embed after pouring.

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
I'm following this class wholeheartedly. Op, chop kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
7). Drop swirl: it involves pouring plain soap into the mould then colored soap batters. To make some colored soap batter to sink to the bottom and form like concave shape, pour from about 2 inches high from the mould.

You can make the design more pretty by letting the first layer solidify a bit before proceeding to pour the colored batter into that mould.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
8 ). Linear Swirl: it involves using atleast 1 color. Mix the soap till medium trace. Split into 2 containers. Add color to one. Pour both into a soap mould. Use an hanger tool to increase the swirling of the soap. Pour the remaining soap batter in few lines on top then swirl with a chopstick.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
I've been following this thread the day you created it... Keep it up ma'am. You are touching a life.
Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
sexybbstar:
I've been following this thread the day you created it... Keep it up ma'am. You are touching a life.
Thanks dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
9 ). Dandelion Zebra Swirl: divide soap batter into atleast 4 containers. Add color to each. Pour some soap from your main color into the mould. Insert a thin cardboard into the side of the slide to ease the pouring of the other colors.

Pour each colored soap batter in a straight line on the cardboard held in a slant position. Pull out the cardboard gently, the soap will slide down into the mould.

Use a spoon to scoop the remaining soap batter into the mould. Drop gently to prevent ruining the swirl below. Leave to solidify in the mould for 24 - 48 hours. Cut and leave to cure for atleast a month. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
10). Butterfly Swirl: In 3 - 4 containers, disperse 1 teaspoon of Mica or other soap dye into 1 TSB of Sunflower oil or glycerin. Mix well with a fork or small whisk. Mix soap till thin trace. Divide equally into the containers with color. Stir it. Add fragrance.

Pour the base colored soap into the mould. Pour the other colors into the mould from atleast 2inches high to enable the color intermix a bit.

Pour the base colored soap on top. Drizzle the other colors in a line. Draw a butterfly like swirl on top on the soap.

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 31, 2017
I see you ma... Thanks for the lessons. God bless you ma

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
dhummystecah:
10). Butterfly Swirl: In 3 - 4 containers, disperse 1 teaspoon of Mica or other soap dye into 1 TSB of Sunflower oil or glycerin. Mix well with a fork or small whisk. Mix soap till thin trace. Divide equally into the containers with color. Stir it. Add fragrance.

Pour the base colored soap into the mould. Pour the other colors into the mould from atleast 2inches high to enable the color intermix a bit.

Pour the base colored soap on top. Drizzle the other colors in a line. Draw a butterfly like swirl on top on the soap.
please ma where can one get those silicon molds in lagos and how much. I have decided to start soap making as a hobby

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
funmisticqueen:
please ma where can one get those silicon molds in lagos and how much. I have decided to start soap making as a hobby
I don't really know but you can use several things as soap mold. Things that can readily find around the house: milk carton, plastic container, pvc pipe. You can even get a carpenter to make a custom wooden mold for you. I can get dimensions for you if you are interested in making those wooden molds.
Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Just for fun, a picture of my soap that I am currently crushing on. It's a carrot soap. It is so mild on the skin and smell heavenly. I am never buying soaps ever again.

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
11. Spin swirl: First, layers of thin trace soap are poured into a slab mold. Then, the mold is spun on the counter and stopped quickly with your hands. The stopping motion causes the soap to move back and forth, creating a beautiful swirl effect

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
dhummystecah:
Just for fun, a picture of my soap that I am currently crushing on. It's a carrot soap. It is so mild on the skin and smell heavenly. I am never buying soaps ever again.
Wow....

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
dhummystecah:
ma, can hot process be used for african black soap? What type of preservatives can be added to african black soap?

2 Likes

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
sexybbstar:
ma, can hot process be used for african black soap? What type of preservatives can be added to african black soap?
African black soap is actually made by hot process plus pounding. Its a way complicated soap. It is best to buy the bar one. Then you can use it to make liquid soap to use as face wash, shampoo and body wash. The pH of the soap is quite basic that it requires no preservative.

An alternative soap that is easy to make is Activated Charcoal Soap. You can make it via hot or cold process. Let me know and I can help with some recipes.
Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
dhummystecah:
African black soap is actually made by hot process plus pounding. Its a way complicated soap. It is best to buy the bar one. Then you can use it to make liquid soap to use as face wash, shampoo and body wash. The pH of the soap is quite basic that it requires no preservative.

An alternative soap that is easy to make is Activated Charcoal Soap. You can make it via hot or cold process. Let me know and I can help with some recipes.

Thanks! I want to go into making of whitening african black soap, toning african black soap and skin glow african soap. I want to make it for commercial purpose. But I'm thinking pounding won't make it smooth like all this "alata samina" soap from Ghana. That was why I was thinking of using hot process so I can stir it into a smooth constituency.

Tell me about the activated charcoal soap. I'm interested. I've never heard about it before. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
sexybbstar:

Thanks! I want to go into making of whitening african black soap, toning african black soap and skin glow african soap. I want to make it for commercial purpose. But I'm thinking pounding won't make it smooth like all this "alata samina" soap from Ghana. That was why I was thinking of using hot process so I can stir it into a smooth constituency.

Tell me about the activated charcoal soap. I'm interested. I've never heard about it before. Thanks so much!

You can try hot process for the black soap but I have not made it before so can't really help much on that area.

The activated charcoal soap is quite easy. You make the soap. Mix till thin trace. Put 1 tablespoonful of activated charcoal into a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoonful of oil (sunflower or olive) to it. Stir well with a fork or whisk. Stir that into the soap batter.
Pour into mold. Leave to set for at least 48 hours. Unmold. Leave to cure for 4 weeks or more.

What ingredients (oils, butter) do you currently have so I can help you formulate a recipe for the activated charcoal soap?
Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
dhummystecah:

You can try hot process for the black soap but I have not made it before so can't really help much on that area.

The activated charcoal soap is quite easy. You make the soap. Mix till thin trace. Put 1 tablespoonful of activated charcoal into a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoonful of oil (sunflower or olive) to it. Stir well with a fork or whisk. Stir that into the soap batter.
Pour into mold. Leave to set for at least 48 hours. Unmold. Leave to cure for 4 weeks or more.

What ingredients (oils, butter) do you currently have so I can help you formulate a recipe for the activated charcoal soap?

Thanks for the information. I'm grateful

I have no ingredients on ground for now. I want to make enough research before going fully into it. I'm planning on making samples next week. I'll upload it when I'm done.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
sexybbstar:

Thanks for the information. I'm grateful

I have no ingredients on ground for now. I want to make enough research before going fully into it. I'm planning on making samples next week. I'll upload it when I'm done.

Its nothing really. I just enjoy making skincare and sharing info.
Here is a recipe to get you started. Feel free to ask any questions smiley

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
dhummystecah:

Chai! All this mathematics in a diagram?all is well. I will concentrate on it. Let me save the pictures. You've been of great help ma'am. I'm very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
sexybbstar:
Chai! All this mathematics in a diagram?all is well. I will concentrate on it. Let me save the pictures. You've been of great help ma'am. I'm very grateful.
LOL. It's an online soap making software that I love using. You can just follow the measurements in grams. Pleasure helping you out in my own little way

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 05, 2017
dhummystecah:
I don't really know but you can use several things as soap mold. Things can readily find around the house: milk carton, plastic container, pvc pipe. You can even get a carpenter to make a custom wooden mold for you. I can get dimensions for you if you are interested in making those wooden molds.
thanks ma i am interested

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 05, 2017
dhummystecah:

why are you adding salt and sugar

1 Like

Re: Cold Process Soap Design (Pictures with Mini Tutorial) by dhummystecah(f): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
funmisticqueen:
why are you adding salt and sugar

Salt or sodium lactate is often used in soap making to help soap solidify more.

Sugar is used to boost lather of the soap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trending Hairstyles For Ladies In 2021: Unique Ladies Hair Styles 2021. / Learn how to make egyptian mlk,halfcaste cream,stretchmark oil,sunburn cream etc / 4weeks Of Using @bodylikemilk_skincare Products&recipes Made Me 2shades Lighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.