Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How I Became A World Champion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Became A World Champion (699 Views)

Video:Tyson Fury Praising God After Becoming World Champion / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Became A World Champion by TheLight2: 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
[center]…God's strength manifested in my weakness.[/center]

On the heels of his recent triumph over Fuji champion, Zulifkar Joy Ali, King Davidson Emenogu has come out to speak on the factors that secured victory for him on the day. In what was obviously a big surprise to many, he came out to paint the picture of how he had been transformed from grass to grace.
He attributed the transformation to the power of God which he said he encountered at a popular church in Lagos, Nigeria. Founded by the highly criticised Prophet TB Joshua, The Synagogue Church Of All nations is located in Ikotun-Egbe, a Suburb of Lagos, Nigeria.

His story defies the natural beliefs and norms of the boxing world. He comes out to paint the picture of a man who is supported by a supernatural power which would ultimately guarantee his eventual success in the world of boxing. Or how else would one explain the fact that a professional boxer trained only for two weeks in preparation for a career determining fight? Perhaps like they say, the only way to understand how, why and when all these happened is to hear from the proverbial horse’s mouth. Hear him:

“My name is King Davidson Emenogu. I am a professional boxer based in Australia”.
“I had a problem of setback in my boxing career. Each time a competition is around the corner, I will sustain an injury. People wrote me off, saying I could not fulfil my enormous potentials as a professional boxer”.

“Since I started attending The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, I have been undefeated”.
“My manager called me when I was on holiday in Nigeria to inform me that I had a very important fight coming up in three week’s time. This fight, if I won, would take me to the fourth position on the ranking log for contention for the number one championship spot”.

“When I met Prophet TB Joshua in his office, he prayed for me and assured me that I would win if I could hold on to the word of God and his promises in my life. Apart from his spiritual support and advice, he also supported me financially with the sum of two thousand dollars ($2,000)”.

“On arrival in Australia, I resumed training immediately on Monday in order to make up for the lost time and practice. When I met with my trainer, he was down and told me point blank that he was scared because I had a very short time to practise for a very important match of this magnitude. Normally, we require between 2 -4 months practice for a match of this kind”.

“But I told him that ‘I am loaded’. I was very sure that at the end of the day I would come out victorious to give a testimony that would glorify the name of God. I ensured that I put in the best of my abilities into the two weeks’ training. When in the ring for my training, I would instruct one of my friends who is also a boxer to spray the anointed water on my body and on my knuckles. My trainer would ask, “King what are you doing?” I would just say to him, “You don’t know what I know”.

“I also made sure that I contacted Prophet TB Joshua as the fight drew near. Each time that I called him he would say: “Don’t worry just do your own part in preparation and training, God will do his own part on the day and ensure victory for you”.

Continuing he said: “On the day of the fight, I called Prophet TB Joshua and he told me to call him back when it was about 30 minutes to the fight. When it was time I called him back and said “Sir, it is time, pray for me” and he said, No, you pray I will say Amen”.

“I then prayed by saying: Lord, let your strength manifest in my weakness. Fill me with your strength. At the end of the day let your name be glorified”. Then Prophet TB Joshua said “Amen”.

“Just before the fight started my boxer friend sprayed the anointed water into my mouth, body and in the air in the ring. When the first round started, I was surprised by the kind of strength I had. As the fight progressed I continued to increase in strength and at the end of the 12th round, I was declared the winner of the fight. Now I am 4th on the standings for contention for the position of the number one”.

“I have come back to give thanks because when God does something good for you, you should come back to His house to thank Him and give all the glory to Him”.
He concluded saying: “Remember, better is not good enough the best is yet to come”!

Re: How I Became A World Champion by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
Ummmmm

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Pentecostal Churches Destroying Families / 4 All C &s member Coming 4 Aaua Pre Degree Exam / Repentance For Sinners And Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.