Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,495 members, 7,770,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

Was There A World Before Genesis 1? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (26917 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by lafile(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2006
simple question: was there a world before Genesis 1? if not please answer these questions.
1. there is no record of the creation of water in genesis 1. so when was it created?
2. what did God mean when He asked man to re-plenish the earth? remember replenish means to fill up something that has been depleted.
3. when God banished lucifer from heaven which earth did he fall to? was it the one that already contained adam and eve?
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by layi(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2006
Pre Adamite world existed between Genesis 1 vs 1 & 2. How long it lasted wasnt specified. however it was the war in heaven and the casting down of lucifer and his cohorts that  destroyed the preadmite earth "weakened the nations".
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2006
There was indeed a pre-adamic world, and the evidence is available in the Bible. Personally, I believe the beings we know as demons today were the inhabitants of the earth in that period. I think I can point out evidences that point to this conclusion from the scriptures.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Hugoboi(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2006
@ TayoD
Of course there was a pre-genesis world known as Atlantis.The technological advancements in place today were all spillovers from the other world and like u correctly pointed out,demons as we know them today were inhabitants of Atlantis.I would also like u to note that evidence exists as to this.This also strenghtens the issue of re-incarnation
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by lafile(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2006
TayoD:

There was indeed a pre-adamic world, and the evidence is available in the Bible. Personally, I believe the beings we know as demons today were the inhabitants of the earth in that period. I think I can point out evidences that point to this conclusion from the scriptures.

lets hear you TayoD. as in scriptural backing. By "inhabitants of the earth" did u mean fallen angels?
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by lafile(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2006
Hugoboi!!!
Atlantis? Re-Incarnation?? shocked shocked PROOOFFF?
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Hugoboi,

I do not know how you come about your conclusion that the pre-adamic earth was called Atlantis.  Neither do I understand how all these is tied to re-incarnation.  Infact, the Bible is clear to the fact that there is no such thing as re-incarnation.

@lafile,

The fallen angels are not the ones I refer to as the inhabitants of the earth.  The fallen angels were free to roam the earth until the times of Noah when God now had to bind them up in chains of darkness (under the earth) in a place called Tatarus.  This became necessary because they were trying to disrupt God's plan of salvation by sleeping with women and producing a half-angel, half-humanity race contrary to God's plan.  Angels cannot be saved, but man can be saved.  Producing these mixed race was contrary to God's plan and the children produced through these union are the ones the Bible refered to as Giants who were said to roam the earth during the times of Noah.  This explains why God just had to destroy the world as we know it then, and spare the family of Noah to begin the work of salvation all over again.  To avoid the angel-man pollution from ever happening again, God had to tie up the other angels (except Lucifer himself) in Tatarus.

You will find the references to these in Genesis 6, 2 Peter 2:4-5 and Jude 1:6
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2006
Evidence of the pre-adamite world and part of the clue to Gen 1:1 can be found in Jer 4: 23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
29The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2006
Some other evidence that the earth was not created the way we find it revealed in Genesis 1 can be found in Isaiah 45:18: For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

The Hebrew word translated VAIN here in Isaiah is the same word used in Genesis 1:2 as WITHOUT FORM.  The Hebrew word is transliterated as TOHUW.  The word expresses a chaotic state, a state of emptiness, nothiness, wasteland or wilderness. 

In other words, God did not create the earth to be what we first see it to be in Genesis chapter 1.  The earth became TOHUW, and it was in this state that the Spirit of God entered into the scene as revealed in Genesis Chapter 1.  So how did the earth get to this state?  We'll find answers to that in the Book of Ezekiel and Isaiah.  I'll delve into this subsequently.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Oracle(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2006
I really do think it existed, only i cannot prove it.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Hugoboi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2006
I do not know how you come about your conclusion that the pre-adamic earth was called Atlantis. Neither do I understand how all these is tied to re-incarnation. Infact, the Bible is clear to the fact that there is no such thing as re-incarnation

I didnt come to the conclusion my dear.Av got a verifiable authority to back that up.Lemme let u know for added measure that u existed in Atlantis and that ur life has a bearing on ur current life

Atlantis? Re-Incarnation?? PROOOFFF?

This is talk for anoda day !@!!

By "inhabitants of the earth" did u mean fallen angels?

Nope!! humans like u and I
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2006
@Hugoboi,

You need to bring your proofs and stop jumping to conslusions that we see no basis for. The only proof binding on anyone on this thread must be based solely on biblical authority.

Remeber, this is not a science fiction section.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by lafile(m): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2006
Hugoboi:

This is talk for another day !@!!

Oh boy! this is talk for now now!!
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by bioye(m): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2006
lafile:

simple question: was there a world before Genesis 1?

Yes, there was.  From the evidence in the Bible, Genesis occurred between 1850 BCE and 850 BCE.  In other words, there was no life as we know it then.   However, scientists' finding show the universe to be about 15 billion years old.  

The true origin of the story of Genesis can be traced back to the myths of ancient Mesopotamia, the Fertile Crescent, the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, in present-day Iraq.  It was one of the world's first civilisations (about 7,000 years ago).

The book of Genesis borrows largely from this oral myth called The Epic of Gilgamesh the stories of the creation of man in a wondrous garden (Eden), the introduction of evil into a naive world, and the story of a great flood brought on by the wickedness of man , that flooded the whole world (Noah's ark).

This is fact, for any one with an open mind who cares to find out.

I seek the truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2006
bioye:

I seek the truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth

No sir! You seek to subvert the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by KAG: 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2006
bioye:

Yes, there was. From the evidence in the Bible, Genesis occurred between 1850 BCE and 850 BCE.

Are you sure about that?

davidylan:

No sir! You seek to subvert the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

How so?
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Hugoboi(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2006
TayoD:

@Hugoboi,

You need to bring your proofs and stop jumping to conslusions that we see no basis for. The only proof binding on anyone on this thread must be based solely on biblical authority.

Remeber, this is not a science fiction section.

Really!! Since when did the bible turn to an encyclopaedia of knowledge?? DONT BE MYOPIC!!
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by jagunlabi(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2006
A quick answer to the question:
Yes,there was a pre-genesis world.
According to the book of genesis,the world is only over 6000 years old.But the history of mankind stretches much further back.Much,much further back.
There also ample proof that the humans(our ancestors) who once walked on this earth possessed knowledge of science and technology that is way way  beyond ours now.
You want one proof?
The piramids and all the other megalithic structures scattered worldwide.The present generations of humans are still scratching their collective heads on how the feats were performed by the supposedly primitive ancients.
You want another?
The "Aztec Calender",so accurate that it is so "anachronistic" in achievement to the modern man,that the scientific establishment are still wondering how on earth the presumed primitives - ancient aztecs - could have come up with such.
Do you all remember YAHWEH?Well,that biblical god may just as well be those humans in possession of such advanced technology playing God with their fellow humans who had remained in the lavel of primitiveness,and i am talking of Moses et al.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by topisdo: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2006
Yes there is. Gen 1 says it vividly. The Bible says in the earth was formless and void. God couldn't have created what was formless. He created it in Gen 1:1. there was a huge apocalypse in which the earth was destroyed and for millions of years it was so until He descided to create it again in Gen 1:2.
This is the huge thing between science and the Bible. that is why we have dinosaurs dating millions of years while the Bible says Adam came 6000 years ago. That is why we have homo erectus .e.tc.
OOOOOOOOOO Knowlege draws us closer to Yehovah!
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Ndipe(m): 2:45am On Oct 26, 2006
The story of the pre-adamic age has always been a controversial one. But if the Bible does not explicity talk about it, why do we have to dredge over it? Forget am sha. The most important aspect is the Salvation that He has freely offered to us through the Blood of His Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2006
@ Lafile

simple question: was there a world before Genesis 1?

That depends on what you mean by "before Genesis" Genesis means the book of beginnings. There are different schools of thought on this however. Some argue that the earth itself might have been around for mcuh longer in a state of no order. It had no form, before it was finally fashioned during the 6 days.

Some argue that the earth in its initial stage of creation was formless, but only was like that before the Lord shaped it during the 6 days. In other words, on the first day of it being created it was formless until it was shaped and fashioned later on during the 6 dausof creation.

I prefer the latter.

1. there is no record of the creation of water in genesis 1. so when was it created?

water was created the very first time when terra ferma was. Both land and water were created together.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

2. what did God mean when He asked man to re-plenish the earth? remember replenish means to fill up something that has been depleted.

Good question. I have often thought of that myself. One way to solve that issue is to go back to the original word in Hebrew. Other renditions use the words "fill the earth" instead of "re-plenish the earth"

3. when God banished lucifer from heaven which earth did he fall to? was it the one that already contained adam and eve?

Well, there is only one earth, lol. We are not sure if Lucifer fell before, or after Adam and Eve were created. If Adam and Eve were responsible for sin generally, then it means that they had to have been the first couple.

If they were people in existence before them, which can be easily concluded from your question, then the idea of Adam and Eve being the first humans to sin wouldn't be true biblically. Just food for thought.

Peace.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2006
@Bobbyaf,
Some argue that the earth in its initial stage of creation was formless, but only was like that before the Lord shaped it during the 6 days. In other words, on the first day of it being created it was formless until it was shaped and fashioned later on during the 6 dausof creation. I prefer the latter.

There is no grounds for this conclusion in the scriptures. I have showed earlier that God did not create the earth formless. "And the earth became without form and void, " is a popular alternative rendering of that passage in Genesis 1:2. Here is the proof once again:

An evidence that the earth was not created the way we find it revealed in Genesis 1:2 can be found in Isaiah 45:18: For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. [/color]
The Hebrew word translated VAIN here in Isaiah is the same word used in Genesis 1:2 as WITHOUT FORM. The Hebrew word is transliterated as TOHUW. The word expresses a chaotic state, a state of emptiness, nothiness, wasteland or wilderness.
In other words, God did not create the earth WITHOUT FORM as reported in Genesis 1:2. The earth became WITHOUT FORM due to some events that occured between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

water was created the very first time when terra ferma was. Both land and water were created together.
While this conclusion may be right, it is not specifically stated in the scriptures (at least, as far as i know).

what did God mean when He asked man to re-plenish the earth? remember replenish means to fill up something that has been depleted
Truly, the Hebrew word "ALM", translated replenish actually means to fill up. In other words, God was instructing man to fill up the whole earth and not just remain in the Garden. I believe a direct violation of this instruction is one major reason why God confounded the language of the people at Babel. Men wanted to stay in one place, and God had to scatter them to the ends of the earth by the various languages in order to fulfil His commandment to 'fill' up the earth.

Well, there is only one earth, lol. We are not sure if Lucifer fell before, or after Adam and Eve were created. If Adam and Eve were responsible for sin generally, then it means that they had to have been the first couple.
If they were people in existence before them, which can be easily concluded from your question, then the idea of Adam and Eve being the first humans to sin wouldn't be true biblically. Just food for thought.
Lucifer fell well before Adam and Eve were created. Infact, the scriptures reveal that Lucifer was the one entrusted with the first Garden of Eden. Make no mistake, God's plan will and must be fulfilled. Earth will be recreated again after this one is gone, and the Garden of Eden will still be in the new earth. God will not be defeated.

Read Ezekiel 28: 11-19 to figure out what I said about Lucifer being the first Occupier of Eden.
[color=#990000]11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

We'll continue from here.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by goodguy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2006
Bobbyaf:

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

That verse you put up does not still prove the creation of the waters by God, at least, not in the book of Genesis.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by kimba(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2006
Yes of-course, there was a Pre-Adamic existence.

I once read/heard, whichever one, that the whole book of Job and all the happenings there actually happened before Genesis, I dont know how true that is, if I find the weblink, ill post it.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 04, 2006
nawa
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Drusilla(f): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2006
Actually there is another verse that one may throw into the mix:

I tell the end in the beginning.

Is Genesis 1, the end or the begining?

The begining after the world is totally destroyed from war and God's wrath in Revelations?
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by TayoD(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2006
@Kimba,
I once read/heard, whichever one, that the whole book of Job and all the happenings there actually happened before Genesis, I don't know how true that is, if I find the weblink, ill post it.
Don't get confused by hearsay. The Book of Job is the oldest Book written in the Bible. That does not make it a pre-adamic material. It's peculiarity also stems from the fact that it was written in Araimic. Much of the old Testament Books were written in Hebrew while much of the new were in Greek.

I guess a reference to the creature called Leviathan in the Book of Job might also be the cause of the confusion. It sure appears that such a creature was not of this world. That may be true, but God who created that world could well be refering to that same creature in this present world.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by jagunlabi(m): 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2006
[center]Discovery: The Lost Continent Of Atlantis[/center]

"This is probably the greatest discovery in World history" was stated by Maxine Asher, the co-director of a scientific expedition that found Atlantis at the bottom of the ocean reported United Press International (UPI) and major newspapers in the United States during the summer of 1973. UPI continued that "Maxine Asher said that scuba divers found data to prove the existence of the super-civilization which legend says sank beneath the sea thousands of years ago ", " the divers had found evidence of roads and large columns some with concentric spiral motifs, in the exact place described by the Greek philosopher Plato" (beyond the Pillars of Hercules, off Spain). 'The group of some 70 scientists, teachers and adventurers was endorsed by Pepperdine University in Los Angeles, California".

In the following pages shall be revealed over 30 ruins, including pyramids, domes, paved roads, rectangular buildings, columns, canals and artifacts that have been found on the ocean bottoms from the Bahamas to the nearby coasts of Europe and Africa, referencing the vast size of the lost continent. We will discuss how over a dozen respected historians and famous writers wrote about the Atlantis they believed existed, how the Mayans and Aztecs had told their conquerors that they came from Atlantis and Mu, about ancient tablets photographed in Peru shoeing those two lost continents, Atlantis and Lemuria, and discuss ancient maps clearly showing Atlantis. We shall explore geological evidence that Atlantis was once above water.

Most importantly, we will recall the Rise and Fall of Atlantis, Lemuria, Thule, Lumania, and other lost continents that had culture, educational systems, technology and government far advanced from where we are here in the 1990's. This information is NOT based on any New Age channeling or psychic recall or manifestations. It is primarily based on many ancient writings found around the world.

[center]Ruins[/center]

1. City on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean off Spain, found by Dr. Maxine Asher's expedition in 1973 and reported by UPI. Asher was Interviewed and evidence was Witnessed by Steve Omar, director of the M.I.N.D. International Research Agency, Maui, Hawaii.

2. Pyramid explored by Dr. Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970. Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a "mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids. The metal devices and crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it. Brown interviewed by M.I.N.D.

3. Ruins of roads and buildings found off Bimini Island in the 1960's by the photographed and published expeditions of Dr. Mansan Valentine. Steven Forsberg, co-founder of the Lahaina Times newspaper dove into these ruins in 1982 to witness them first hand. Similar ruins were also photographed off Cay Sal in the Bahamas. The ruins are of the same construction as the oldest city ever found on land, according; to archaeologists, in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia, where a calendar was uncovered that shows the exact position of the stars and planets 27,000 years ago. This is more than 20,000 years BEFORE the oldest civilizations in school history books!

4. Similar underwater ruins found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet underwater.

5. Dr. David Zink found in 1957, off the Bahamas coast, a stylized marble head, building block cast in a mold and a construction piece drilled by a bit, as well as a stone column that he reported radiated energy. Forsberg of M.I.N.D. interviewed Dr. Zink and obtained the photographs.

6. A ruined harbor like complex discovered on the sea floor off Bimini by Captain john Alexander.

7. The deep sea diving submarine Aluminaut discovered a well preserved paved road on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean make of blacktop magnesium oxide, running along the sea floor from Florida to South Carolina.

8. Temple pillars, buildings, statues, wide curving boulevards with smaller avenues branching out like spokes in a wheel, majestic temples and pyramids videotaped by Captain Reyes Miraga on the Spanish named salvage ship "Talia" .

9. A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk.

10. Several acres of white marble-like ruins found on tile ocean floor off Cuba reported by Lieceser Hemingway.

11. Mysterious dome structures reportedly seen in clear water by several pilots in the Straits of Florida.

12. Soviet expeditions to the Atlantic Ampere Seamount resulted in photographs of ruins destroyed by lava (like the Aztecs and Mayans wrote Atlan was destroyed by).This discovery was in the New York Times newspaper May 21, 1978. The photos were developed by the Academy's Petrovsky Marakuyev and reported by the deputy Director of the Soviet Academy of Science's Institute of Oceanography, Professor Aksyonove, who also reported ruins found off Cadiz, Spain in the same area as Dr., Maxine Asher's previous discovery.

13. 1981 expedition of P. Cappellano discovered mysterious ruins with strange symbols on them on the sea floor off the Canary Islands.

14. 1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was about 650 feet high. Mysteriously, the surrounding water was lit by sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at that depth.

15. An urn brought to the surface by Dr. Asher's expedition.

16. The foundations of a 100 by 75 foot structure photographed on the sea bottom off Andros Island.

17. A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for transportation". He added that he brought up a statue.

18. A six foot column or spire protruding from a double circular gear-like base embedded in the ocean floor, with peculiar light emanations from the bottom of the shaft showing up in photos taken by Dr. William Bell in 1958.

19. Pillars found on the Atlantic floor in 1969 by Robert Fero and Michael Grumley, a chunk of which was carved from rock NOT found anywhere in that part of the world. 20. A road off the Bahamas explored by Dr. Manson Valentine.

21. Dimitri Rebikoff, using his underwater platform and a special collecting lens, reported ruins found encircling an underwater freshwater spring.

22. Marble Acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on pillars.

23. Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of Troy {which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis! IDENTICAL pottery was found in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia.

24. Twenty researchers, including archaeologists, a marine biologist, geologist, and cartographer dove onto ruins on the sea floor off Bimini in 1975 and brought back artifacts from which they concluded that the walls and roads were made of materials not found in that part of the world.

Plato and others wrote that Atlantis was a huge continent like Africa, stretching across the Atlantic. The Aztecs, Mayans and Incas and other Indian tribes told explorers of the sunken ATLAN in the Atlantic and the sunken MU (Lemuria) in the Pacific.

In the Pacific, ruins of an ancient city were explored on the ocean floor off Ponape Island. Another was found underwater 30 miles off Easter Island. A ruined road on Karotonga Island goes into the ocean, runs underwater for many miles, and comes out of the ocean on another island in a straight line! Professor Menzies, from Duke University, photographed a ruined civilization on the sea bottom between Peru and Tahiti with unknown hieroglyphics on a column. Monolithic ruins from a lost civilization were found on a haft dozen South Pacific Islands, which are said to be Lemurian mountain peaks above water.

[center]Map Evidence[/center]

1. Professor Charles Hapgood, Professor of Geology at New Hampshire University, reported that a large unknown Atlantic Island appears on an ancient map (the famous Piri re is a map seen on TV and in dozens of books).

2. An ancient map that King Henry owned in 1500 A.D. clearly shows Atlantis.

3. Greek documents and maps showing Atlantis that Christopher Columbus studied before he set sail for America, including the 1482 Benincasa Map showing 3 Atlantis islands that no longer exist!

[url=http://www.nii.net/~obie/historygold.htm]IF YOU WANT TO READ MORE[/url]
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by jagunlabi(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2006
One more thing,the greatest library ever known to mankind,THE LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA,was burnt down by the jews and christians because the library had ancient literature treated extensively about pre-genesis time,our prehistoricity,the time of ATLANTIS,LEMURIA(MU),THULE,etc.
But fortunately,other literatures in other part of the globes and other cultures also tell the same stories of such an age and some of them have it written down.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Horus(m): 1:32am On May 30, 2007
Genesis is not humanity’s start
Within many religious sects the first scroll is interpreted as Genesis, but in the Aramic (Hebrew) language it translates to “barashith.” The word barashith comes from the root word bara – meaning, “to reconstruct, or reconstruction.” In Ashuric/Syraic (Arabic), bara also means “to make” or “reconsruct” Not only is the word Genesis misinterpreted, the title of the scroll is translated incorrectly as “Sefer Maaseh Barashith,” “The Book of Creation.” However, the Aramic word ciphra means “scroll” and the correct translation should be "The Scroll of Reconstruction."The title of the Scroll of Barashith in itself confirms the fact that Genesis is a recording of the reconstruction of the planet Earth, and replenishing of man, the refilling of Earth and not the original creation.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by Ndipe(m): 2:50am On May 30, 2007
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-gaptheory-problems.html

The above link attempts to debunk the notion of a pre-Adamic age.
Re: Was There A World Before Genesis 1? by thesilent1(m): 9:10am On May 30, 2007
Genesis is a recording of the reconstruction of the planet Earth, and replenishing of man, the refilling of Earth and not the original creation.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I AGREE WITH HORUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

see brother, its not all bad between us grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Church Worshippers Kill Man With Stones In Ebonyi / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.